Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-21, 08:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning friends! Happy Moan Day.

I spent the weekend in super low restorative mode, having an awful RA flare. My new doc has been tinkering with my meds and I can't seem to get by without the usual "cocktail." I sure picked a good time to sign up for Kassandra's app.

So anyway, this weekend I accomplished:

Saturday:
~ YWK Yin Yoga & Affirmations for Intuition plus morning affirmations
~ 5,694 steps

Sunday:
~ Garden cleanup
~ YWK Sunday Morning Full Body Yin (in the evening)
~ 5,150 steps

Cyana, good to see you - I'm always amazed at how dedicated you are despite being so inundated every working day. Thank you for the report on Lee's Better Balance - I got it months ago and haven't used it yet.

Paine, I bet your Forester lasts for ages! I've heard they last forever even with regular driving. My DS has had one for seven years now, and drives it to all his adventures and has a long commute, too - so far no problems.

I hope our Pam had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Beth, your training sounds so interesting. My library has it, yay! Hmm, I should get out Yoga for Arthritis and start doing the hand yoga again.

Good morning to Sandra and anyone who pops in.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 09:34 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Essentrics

Sandra, I'm glad Mimi Solaire's practice was helpful. I love that DVD.

Pat, it would be better for the environment if we had a hybrid but I still hope our Forrester will last us the rest of our life.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 01:39 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone

I bandaged up my big toe and it’s feeling comfortable in my hiking shoes, so luckily we’ve been able to get in a lot of beach and cliff walking. Today we went to Port Isaac, where they filmed Doc Martin (if anyone ever watched this show?). The coastline is lovely in this area, so we hiked up to the coastal path and along the cliffs. It was strange to see cows grazing right close to the edge! They looked happy though - it must be having that wonderful view!

Yesterday, I managed to squeeze in:
- Ellen Pilates Mix 20 min
- Katy Bowman 13 minutes to move your torso

Today:
- MFML Qigong Structural Balance with Mimi Kuo-Deemer. She talked about cross-lateral connectivity, so while we were raising one leg, we were putting our focus on the opposite arm. I think it really helped me to balance better.
- Karin Hip & Rib Mobility - a short 5 minute sequence from memory
- Calf smashing with my yoga tune-up balls.

Pat - Sorry to hear you’re having a RA flare. Hope it settles down soon.

Waves to all.
Old 10-11-21, 06:33 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: For "Margaret Monday" I did Segments 3 and 4 of Margaret Richard's Good For You. This morning I walked outside about 1.25 hours plus got in an hour of Patio Puttering.

Margot: I'm happy your toe allowed you to get out and about! Your coastline walk sounds lovely.

Paine: Everyone I know who has (or did have) a Subaru loved that car.

Cyana and Pat58: I did the short version of Lee's Better Balance and really liked it -- time to bring it out again.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 08:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi friends! We made our semi-annual trek to the used book sale today; we heard someone say that it was the biggest sale East of the Mississippi! The DVD selection was better than usual, although I didn't get anything. I saw KCM there for the first time (2 copies of Circuit Burn, which I have), a couple of Jari's, a Fluidity Barre (Advanced), lots of Jillian, several of the 10 Minute Solution series, several Rodney Yee, the Hip Hop Abs set (also have that), and some others. I wound up getting 6 books, one of which is Biff Mithoefer's therapeutic yin yoga set, so I thought that was a good pickup. I also got Relax Into Yoga for Seniors with Carol Krucoff - I had considered doing her training, but I decided against it because her approach seems to be modified yoga for seniors, whereas the Yoga for Health Aging training I'm doing has more emphasis on staying strong while getting older (the principles include strength, flexibility, balance, and agility). Still, I thought her book would be a good reference.

Hope some got to enjoy a day off today - Happy Monday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 08:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Here's what I accomplished yesterday:

~ YWK 10 Minute Morning Yoga for Hips & Lower Back plus affirmations
~ 25 minute lunch walk
~ 20 minute walk after work
~ 6,210 steps

I'm feeling a little better. I made sure to get the outdoor walks in and soak up some nature, treated myself to a home foot bath and foot massage, then rested with tea and a book Pam recently finished and shared on IG - Medicine Walk by Richard Wagamese. Liking it very much.

Beth - for a second I thought you met Kelly in the flesh! It sounds like you made some good scores, especially that Yin Yoga Therapeutic kit. I might just to locate a used copy on Marketplace.

Sandra, thanks for reporting on Lee's Better Balance.

Margot, cliff walking sounds exciting! And I love your cliff dwelling cows. I'm happy for you that your toe behaved.

Good morning to Paine and anyone who drops by today.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 08:27 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I should meet Kelly some day - I think I mentioned before that she lives in my hometown in NJ! She was teaching at a gym less than a mile from my mom, although I think she is at a different gym now.

Gaiam is temporarily offering this free Yee video for the hips if anyone is interested:
https://www.gaia.com/share/ckumrp14x...abQV6SWC0wKLQY

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 10:20 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Voight Pure & Simple Stretch (Floor practice)

Beth, wow there were a lot of DVDs at the book sale. I hope you enjoy the books you bought.
Thanks for the free Yee video link.

Pat, I'm glad you are feeling better today.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 07:15 PM  
YogaGal

On Monday morning I did Workout #1 from KCM’s Body Shop. Then I did the tried and true Sarah Beth for Neck and Shoulders. I had planned to do Kassandra’s 10 min Morning Yoga For Hips & Lower Back, but I noticed the left side of my neck was bothering me right at the beginning of my weight workout, so I decided Sarah Beth’s would be the better choice.

This morning I did Jessica’s Barefoot Cardio Core from Walk Strong 3. I hadn’t done this workout in over a year; I often forget about her fusion workouts on this dvd set, but I really enjoyed it. And I finally got a chance to do Kassandra’s 10 min Morning Yoga For Hips & Lower Back, which I also enjoyed. I was happy to find that it started with a nice neck stretch.

Beth: Thanks for sharing all the info about the Yoga for Healthy Aging training you did last weekend. I’m glad you made it to your book sale and found some goodies. Thanks for the link to Rodney’s dvd. I downloaded it and now will have to try it out before it is no longer available.

Pat: Glad you are feeling better and treating yourself with TLC. When Kassandra asked us to come up with a one-word intention for the day, my mind came up with “calm productivity” (yes, two words ). I need to get a lot done, but am trying to remain calm and less flustered while doing it all. I’ve been fairly successful so far.

cyana: Lauren is also one of my all-time favorite modifiers; Kelly has had others who are fine, but Lauren is the best! Thanks for sharing your short workout using the stability ball. I think I’ll like it.

Paine: It’s funny that your grandson’s favorite part of school is lunch. My least favorite was gym class which so many people liked as it was non-academic. But I s*cked at most sports, so I preferred the more academic side of school, except for sciences; I was more of a humanities nerd. Math was ok, but it wasn’t particularly enjoyable. I started enjoying physical fitness in my early 30’s when I discovered jogging and weight lifting and eventually videos.
Old 10-12-21, 07:17 PM  
YogaGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Pat, I should meet Kelly some day - I think I mentioned before that she lives in my hometown in NJ! She was teaching at a gym less than a mile from my mom, although I think she is at a different gym now.
Yes, Beth; you really should meet Kelly sometime! And we want to see pictures!