Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-19-20, 11:47 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katemystify
"I just asked, like friends do, because we have the same goals and maybe somebody else wants to spare some money too."
Say what?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 07:13 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I'm pretty sure you can't and shouldn't trade streamed content. That's a breach of trust and copyright for the creator.

Diane
Wish we had a LIKE button! I am reasonably certain this is what Kaisa is requesting.
Old 02-20-20, 10:05 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Say what?
I think she means "save" some money? That was my guess when I read it.
Old 02-21-20, 01:45 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I think she means "save" some money? That was my guess when I read it.
Now that you point that out, I bet you are right. My mistake!

Still, it is difficult to decipher some of her posts and then she deletes them.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-21-20, 02:35 PM  
bubbles76

I wish she had not deleted her posts. I understand it can be hard to trade nowadays, especially for VFers overseas, but I think she would have had some interest if she kept her list up longer. I mean, not for streaming, but maybe for the dvds she was looking for. She just needed to revise her list to remove streaming content, if that was on her exchange list. The exchange list is also gone.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-20, 08:25 PM  
BunnyHop

Sounds as though they were just hoping to exploit the gullible.

The fact that their efforts at communication have been so minimal, and they've apparently tried to delete all their posts makes me doubt their sincerity.

The wounded soul persona? Hmmm ... .
Old 02-22-20, 01:26 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Sounds as though they were just hoping to exploit the gullible.

The fact that their efforts at communication have been so minimal, and they've apparently tried to delete all their posts makes me doubt their sincerity.

The wounded soul persona? Hmmm ... .
You could be right too . I hope not, but re-reading the quotes of hers that remain....
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 01:45 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The kindness and generosity I have received over decades on VF has been almost overwhelming at times. The thought that someone might want to exploit that kindness really chaps my hide.

I have become even more paranoid after a dear friend was scammed out of over $80,000 of her savings by an internet romance scam. She never even met this guy but sent him money anyway.

You just can't be too careful anymore. If someone is legit, they have to follow the rules. If you are told the rules, then follow them. And, if you don't like the rules, don't fricken whine about it!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-22-20, 01:50 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
....don't fricken whine about it!
Rules to live by........kind of brings a tear to my eye the way you soften it all up
Old 02-22-20, 02:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
The kindness and generosity I have received over decades on VF has been almost overwhelming at times. The thought that someone might want to exploit that kindness really chaps my hide.

I have become even more paranoid after a dear friend was scammed out of over $80,000 of her savings by an internet romance scam. She never even met this guy but sent him money anyway.

You just can't be too careful anymore. If someone is legit, they have to follow the rules. If you are told the rules, then follow them. And, if you don't like the rules, don't fricken whine about it!
I naively got scammed in the early days of my VF experience. I sent off a trade and got nothing in return. When I mentioned it here, many people very kindly offered to send me something else, or the one I "traded", etc. So nice! I still remember that, and honestly, whenever someone else has come along and seems like a scammer, I wonder if it's the same person who got me all those years ago. I think the person in question used a few varieties on the name "Kat", if I remember correctly, so it's perhaps not that far fetched, but also could be complete coincidence. And, it may even be that I'm remembering incorrectly but I don't think so.

Tags
internet scams, katemystify, lauren brooks, spam pm