Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-20, 02:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I can't bring myself to purge anything out of my collection, and I'm not a hoarder by any means. Every few months I box the DVDs I intend to get rid of and put them in the garage, but somehow over the next several months they make their way back into my workout room. Heck, I still have the original VHS Firms and I haven't owned VHS player in years.
Dana that's hilarious! The workouts work themselves out of the garage purgatory back to you. :-)
I'm not a hoarder either..it's easy for me to purge all manner of things but workouts? Well, that's a different story altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Same here, I pretty much keep everything. There have been a few that were so awful IMO that I did get rid of them but that's rare. I've been adding to my collection from thrift stores. The only bad thing about that is that my collection is so huge that sometimes I accidentally buy duplicates I forgot I had.
Vantreesta I'm trying to be better about this but I blame the similar titles!
NOT a symptom of vidiocy but lazy marketing!! Hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I tried a little of one dance dvd this morning and decided to keep it. The other one I Joni 'oed in less than three minutes I found the instructor really annoying and knew I would never use it.
That's what I'm doing as well. Trying to evaluate each one. There's no pressing need for me to be hasty.

bzar once said she was both a collector and an enthusiast. :-D. I have adopted that mindset so that members in my collection will be ones I am enthusiastic about. When someone is good with just 20, I understand that. Each person has a different amount that they will be enthusiastic about owning.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 03:41 PM  
IceQueen07

People are purging and I seem to be just acquiring more. I find my tastes and what I can do changes. I just get of the ones that I know I won't do at all and don't like.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 05:54 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
People are purging and I seem to be just acquiring more. I find my tastes and what I can do changes. I just get of the ones that I know I won't do at all and don't like.
I am trying to just get rid of ones I really don't like and know I'll never do. My tastes do change, and I go through phases of really loving an instructor/type of workout, and then not using them for awhile.

I am not a hoarder of anything else, really. I have a lot of books, but I only keep ones I love. But, I have the opportunity to borrow a ton from my library. If there were a dvd loaning library that was free (my library's collection of exercise dvds stinks and they don't do interlibrary loan for dvds) it would be wonderful.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 05:56 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm purging, but also acquiring more. Hence, my collection is not really getting smaller ha! I came into the home fitness game pretty late. So much interests me. My problem is that just because I don't visit a dvd in years doesn't mean I don't still love it. Or something that I didn't love right away I love it later. My collection is HUGE, but I know we'll be moving eventually so I worry about space. Plus, it just makes me uncomfortable having so much. I don't know why. Too much of anything makes me feel cluttered and I feel the need to get rid of stuff.

I don't feel like I have any "meh" workouts around. I have too many untried workouts around. Particularly barre, kettlebell, bellydance, and pilates. I've dabbled in these types of workouts, but haven't committed.
I love the idea of learning bellydance, but I realized I just don't have the patience for it. It takes me too long to learn the moves and I'm not getting an actual workout. I really admire bellydancers. I ended up getting rid of almost every bellydance dvd I had.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 05:53 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I have way too many workouts and ones I am not sure of are the FIRM, Cathe, some yoga. I keep going through them and thinking I won't do this but afraid to get rid of it just in case.
I am very on and off with my Firms, sometimes I like them and others times "meh" and they were my mainstay for many years. I will hang on to them just because I do return to them from time to time. I use Cathe more than the Firm which is something that I thought I would never say.

All of my yoga and pilates will stay as I need those more now than before. I guess I am lucky that my collection is not that big and I have the space for them. If I had too many then it would really be overwhelming.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 08:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I use the "Rule of Joni O." If I put in a DVD that I haven't used in a long time and can't take it out fast enough, it goes straight to the library.

That said, I really need to revisit my barre collection and honestly decide if I can, or want, to do them anymore. I've fallen so out of love with that type of exercise.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downsizing, purging, purging dvds