Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-21, 10:46 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I am starting my list here but keep checking back. I really don't need or want much -I am always trying to downsize. Please do not spend alot of money- I will love whatever you send! I just love putting together packages for the exchange but I didn't do it last year due to the pandemic blahs. I'm back now (obviously!)

About me: I live with DH. DS and DD are grown and mostly flown but we have a dog, a cat, fish and turtles. I have been into fitness for a long time. Right now I love walking outdoors, hiking, strength training, QiGong and Tai Chi (studying with a teacher so don't need DVDs) I will probably take a break soon from the lifting program I am doing now to do a few weeks of old fashioned floor work like Barlates etc. My other interests/pastimes are reading, travel, birdwatching.

Some ideas ( I am fine with used DVDs, books etc.)
DVDs:
Mark Lauren Bodyweight Training 2.0
Mark Lauren Focus 15 (i can't seem to find this - it may no longer be available.) If you happen to have a copy you don't want I would love it. DON'T spend alot on this please

Books
Iron Shirt Chi Kung by Mantak Chia

Streaming Sites:
I have tried and liked Mark Lauren's streaming service but I am thinking i would rather try something new.
I am interested in John Garay TV https://www.johngareytv.com/ One month of the Mat and Fitness option would be grand
I am looking into other streaming services and might add to this list.

Other ideas: If you are so inclined but not necessary
Small tubes of rich hand cream for my purse. Gold bond etc.
Bright reflective accessories for when I walk in the dark.
Cinnamon Mentos (hard to find for some reason)
Maybe a little something that is from your part of the world.
Something to make me laugh.
I have plenty of candles, scented body lotions, shower gels and the like, however if you have a bath and body works "Tea and Lemon" Candle you don't want I would love that. They haven't made it in a few years. Sometimes they name it London or London Calling or something stupid like that (because Brits do NOT put lemon in their tea!)
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 11:06 PM  
Demeris

I'm saving a place and posting a few things. I'm away from home right now but will be back this weekend, when I will be able to examine my collection and collect my thoughts.

Disclaimer: please don't spend lots of money. I'll be happy with a lump of coal. I love how this activity underscores that we are a community. Send used if possible.

I'm single, 64, and live alone, well, live with a 6 year old, 15 pound chihuahua mix. I have simple tastes and have spent the last 8 years minimalizing my life. I don't do yoga.

OK, I just took a look at my TotatFitness wishlist:

Janice Lennard Ballet Barre OR Mat Pilates
Charlotte Ord Back to Basics
WW 15 minute Boot Camp Series with Jennifer Cohen
Core Movements 1 & 2 Tracie Long Fitness - The Studio Series

If you're thinking about streaming, maybe a DayPass for Sandra Hanna's HealthBarre (but remember, don't spend lots of money, spend as little money as possible). I am also curious about Ellen Barrett's streaming, now that I've learned she has shorter workouts as I like add ons.

I looked at last year's and even though I received a wonderful bounty of workouts, there are a few things I would still like:

I'd love to have any of Gilad's Bodies in Motion TV program workouts.

Fitness books (again, only if you find them really cheap somewhere):

Any book by Bob Anderson.
Any book on the Melt Method
Any book by Jill Miller
Any book on anatomy
Any book on exercise/healthy aging (I have all of Miranda's books already, yes, all of them) you think I might like that you found for free or really cheap

Food items:

I'll eat anything except raisins, bananas, and balut.

Miscellaneous (a little bit about me so you can come up with your own ideas):

I don't wear perfume BUT I love the scent of Lavender.
I wear a size 8-9 shoe (in case you were thinking about socks or booties)
I have a 15 pound dog.
I love tea—black, green, herbal (except for teas with rooibos or licorice, neither of which I seem to like in a tea).
I do lots of knitting, crochet, embroidery

I will reiterate: Don't spend lots of money. Used and cheap will make me happy.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 01:50 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am always glad to see your list because I am just about as wordy!
Haha!! Just saw that! I also saw the "just about" hee hee
Thankfully I am not alone in that. Just always afraid I will intimidate Santa instead of the intent of giving lots of info and choices since I don't post much elsewhere. (you should have seen my dating profile years ago. Would have scared off most men!)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-21, 08:22 PM  
Sidlynn

Hi Santa!

I’m so glad you signed up for this exchange and I’m looking forward to whatever you are able to send. This is my 10th year participating (having skipping last year) and the surprises are always my favorite part, perhaps with a bit of local flavor from wherever you are added to the mix.

I enjoy kickboxing and dancy/complex hi/lo. I love trying new things, but belly dance and I do not mix! Best workout length for me tends to be 30-45 minutes (regardless of what my wish list indicates...).
I’m just getting back into fitness after about 8 months of just blah. I’ve recently done some Turbo Jam and walking with Jessica Smith and walking outside.

Here are some ideas, most wanted would be either of the top 2. Most welcome would be any at all, even anything not listed. I’m breezy! Used DVDs would be great, and I also warmly welcome VHS tapes. Feel free to improvise!

Forza Samurai Sword Workout Vol. 2 w/Ilaria Montagnini (I got vol 1 through the last gift exchange I did and it’s a serious shoulder workout!)
Kristin Dowell’s Dressed Up Drills (I have her other DVD and have taken her VIPR class and gone to lunch with her - she's lovely!)
RapidFire 3: Rock Steady, Rock Hard, 2012
Powerstrike Millennium Series 2 or 3

Or maybe streaming…Interested in Beachbody/Les Mills boxing/kickboxing workouts – I see that the smallest subscription Beachbody offers is 3 months, but I could go for 1 month of Les Mills.

Other facts/interests/likes/dislikes:

I have a thing for llamas and alpacas. Major understatement. Anything vaguely llama or alpaca related will get me to squee. Hee! Oh, the husband has asked that I indicate "no mugs." I may have a few…

I almost always start the day with black tea (bags, not loose) – ginger and vanilla are my favorites; not a peachy person

I also enjoy fun socks (shoe size 9.5/10) – either ankle socks for workouts or crew socks that have a fun design (see above re: llamas/alpacas).

I’m not a fan of coffee, coconut, or white chocolate.

Hope that helps get you started - whatever you come up with will be greatly appreciated – thanks so much in advance!

"This is good for us!" ~Gilad
Sidlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 09:36 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hi there, VF Santas!!
Do not stress about what you send me. I have made some great friends through the gift exchange and can't wait to "meet" you :-)

My main focus has been on mobility and strength. 2021 has been a wonderful year of doing kettlebells, Cathe, pilates, Classical stretch and lots of other mobility training. I like hikes as well. I don't have any problem coming up with a list of DVDs because I'm a hard core DVD user! Seriously both DVD players are in my house always loaded with an exercise video so I can stop, drop, and rock it out at any time. However, I'm listing gift ideas from several categories to help you:

DVDs:
Used is great! If shipping costs are a concern (or these are out of your price range), then some gift certificate ideas are at the bottom of the list.
  • Kristin Dowell Dressed up drills,
  • Jenny Ford checkout workout,
  • Jenny Ford coast to coast vol. 1,
  • Jenny Ford Spicy Step(DVD that has multiple workouts),
  • Natalie Jill Total Body Weight Advanced,
  • Kim Mullen Dance and Be Fit: lower body burn,
  • Or Gift cards:
    Please ask sherry7899 for my email address, if needed. ANY denomination, at Totalfitnessdvds, Amazon or Cathe, will be thriftily spent!

Recipes:
I have plenty of cookbooks but I would LOVE:
  • Your favorite cookie or pie recipes (that don't use cinnamon or strawberries),
  • Your favorite soup or crock pot recipes,
  • Your favorite one pot/pan meals!

My family loves the recipes I get from VFers!

Stationery:
envelopes, blank cards or pretty paper. These don't even have to be sets! I have several pen pals who have been tortured with my creations.

Food items:
I love nibbling on solid milk chocolate. I don't eat anything sugar free or that has sugar substitutes. If I'm going to eat chocolate, then send the sugar with it!
I enjoy coffee but I'm not a tea drinker.
My favorite snacks are popcorn, raw unsalted pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds. Please don't send anything with cinnamon or strawberry due to allergies in our home.

Other gift ideas:
  • I have a kitty so any pretty, inexpensive collars with bells will make her priss about the house. Christmas theme would be great :-)
  • Stretchy thin gloves to wear hiking. My favorite colors are Lady Vol powder blue and Tennessee orange.

And because I don't want you to waste money, please don't purchase any soap, lotion, bath gel, bath bomb, makeup, perfume, or candles. I'm pretty sensitive to certain scents and become nauseous or get terrible headaches. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason so hard to explain which are fine..sorry.

THANK YOU for participating in the Gift Exchange and for being my VF Santa!!

P.S. I always wait until Christmas to open but if you want me to open earlier then whisper that to the VF elf and I will :-)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 09:00 AM  
Garrie A.

Hello Secret Santa!

Thank you for taking to the time to read my list. My list is long only to give you a wide range of options. I understand being on a tight budget. Used DVDs are great. I also like surprises, so free free to surprise me with something not on my list. I will be happy with whatever I receive! Keep checking back, as I may add more to the list.

A little about me: I’m a 25 year old male who works two part-time jobs—in customer service at a community college bookstore, and also a fitness instructor at the local community center. In August I moved in with my boyfriend of two years.

When it comes to workouts, I’m a variety junkie. My favorite workouts are weight training, kettlebells, circuit/metabolic training, and step aerobics. I also enjoy hi-lo. To cross-train I also enjoy kickboxing, ballet, barre, and Pilates. I consider myself an advanced exerciser. My favorite instructors are Cathe, Tracie Long, Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Christi Taylor, and Seasun Zieger (just to name a few). I also love spinning, and use the Peloton app (Denis Morton is my favorite).

I’ve also added where you can find these. Most of these can be found at Collage Video (www.collagevideo.com), Mary/TotalFitnessDVDs (www.totalfitnessdvds.com), or even Amazon and eBay. Please note that my wishlist is large only to give you a range of options. I will also take a gift card from Mary/TotalFitnessDVDs, Collage Video, Amazon, or Cathe. I will be happy with whatever I receive!

DVDs:
Patrick Goudeau Hard Work Conditioning 2
KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Athletic Conditioning 2
KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Home Gym Intervals
Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing
Cathe Fit Tower Legs, Glutes & Core
Cathe Shock Cardio Athletic Step
Ilaria Atletica 2 or 3
Ilaria Bodystrikes 2
Kristin Dowell Dressed Up Drills
Tracie Long Core Movements 1/2 or 5/6
Element Barre Conditioning
Beyond Balletone
Mark Lauren EFX
Keith Weber Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout
Marcus Irwin Step Fusion (This is OOP and hard to find. Please only get if you can find it used and for a reasonable price. Or through a trade.)

There are also a few sets I'm interested in. I think all of these are OOP, so please only get if you can find them used and for a reasonable price (or through a trade)
MB45 Essentials
Metashred Extreme

Non-fitness things I'm interested in:
-I love to knit and crochet. Pattern books (especially hats, socks, and books that focus on patterns for men), one skein of sock/fingering weight yarn (400 or more yards will make one pair of socks), and small circular needles (bamboo or wood, no metal please) are some ideas.
-Anything dark chocolate
-I love peanuts, almonds, and cashews
-All natural body washes and soaps
-I also love coffee, and use my Keurig daily.

Thanks for taking the time to read my list!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 11:44 AM  
sherry7899

If anyone shops in Ross, they already have out their holiday beauty sets, lip balm sets, holiday chocolate, holiday decorations and holiday kitchen items.
I admit I bought myself a Snoopy heavy duty oven mitt/glove set I needed new ones, so why not get ones with Snoopy, right!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 01:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for being my Secret Santa. I so appreciate it. And I kind of apologize for it as well.

I have been uber unmotivated with exercise recently, largely because of physical issues I’m dealing with. It’s nothing major but several irritating things that combine to aggravate my lower back and hips. I’m looking for a way to slowly start to work my way back to physical fitness. I belong to the YMCA and hope to get back there a couple of times a week, along with doing some exercise at home.

I do not do DVDs anymore and have more DVDs that I would use if I did. So, I don’t want to waste your time and money looking for DVDs. However, there are some other fitness ideas below that I can use to create my own short workouts. I am open to used items, especially with the card decks, if you can find them.

I am trying to give a variety of ideas so you can choose what you prefer that fits your budget and gifting preferences. Stick with what works for you. I’m always over-the-moon excited to get a box from a fellow VFer. It doesn’t even matter what’s in it.

Card Decks

Resistance band cards - I only need one deck for resistance bands. Thought I'd give an option.

Resistance band cards

Mindfulness cards

Equipment

Fitness loops - I have plenty of resistance bands except for this type.

Gloves – X-Large – I try to go on walks some days and it would be nice to have gloves that work with my cell phone. They don't have to be these specific ones, but should be X-Large.

Foot roller – For my foot pain. It doesn't have to be this one specifically. I do need one that is freezable.

Non-fitness stuff

As far as non-fitness stuff goes, keep in mind that my husband’s allergies are aggravated by most scents. We don’t have things in our house like candles or other scented items.

The hobby I do the most these days is card making and art journaling. I think there are some pictures in albums in my account with pictures of some of the stuff I’ve done in the past. I love getting crafting stuff and you probably already have stuff I can use:

- Do you have a stash of buttons? I can use flat ones.

- Do you have old magazines or interesting catalogs? I’m always ripping out neat pictures or inspirational words out and using them. Or, if you have decorative books you no longer use or want, you could rip out pictures or quotes from them.

-Tissue paper - Colored or with patterns on it. I have lots of plain white tissue paper from deliveries.

- One of the embellishments I use are stamps and postmarks I rip off of cards and other mail I receive.

- One of my favorite crafting things to do is use my gel plate(s). And something you do with those is to add texture with various items by pressing items into the wet paint on the gel plate.. I’m always using cast-offs/trash like bottle caps of different sizes, cardboard with texture, pieces of mesh I cut from onion or orange bags from the grocery store, plastic trays (from food packaging) that have patterns embedded in them, etc. You can turn so many things into texture tools for this and it just depends on what you have.

I like chocolate - dark, white, milk, whatever type - as long as it doesn't have coconut in it. This time of year, I like the peppermint bark they sell.

I hope this helps. Thanks for whatever you get. I'll love it regardless.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 02:12 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello dear Secret Santa. Edited list.

I have pretty simple tastes and will add things as I think of them. Used DVDs are perfectly fine. I do not have a VHS player.

DVD:
RKS Kettlebell Set
Capoeira workouts
Ilaria Forza (either)
Gilad Total Body Sculpt Plus Functional Fitness
Gilad Total Body Sculpt Plus Cutting Edge
5 Day Fit Chi 5 Workouts DVD Tai Chi & Qigong
Tamilee Webb Classic Buns of Steel Collection Volume 2 - 3 DVD Set
Billy Blanks Tae Bo Platinum Collection Bootcamp - 4 workouts 1 dvd
Mindy Mylrea All Out Cardio DVD
Tracey Staehle Core Blast
Erich Schiffmann Beginner Series Backyard Yoga or other Erich practices

I love kickboxing, Yoga, meditation. I love Cathe, Les Mills, Beachbody. Shaun T, Autumn Calabrese.
Gift certificate to Cathe.com or Amazon.

I have long hair and love fun hair ties, bands.
Cathe or other lifting gloves!!!
Favorite color is green then purple.
Love floral and/or fruity scents. Lotions are a fav.
Hooked on Epically Epic Lip Balms.
Chocoholic of any kind.
Do NOT like licorice.

I'll add more later. Some ideas. Many many thanks..hope this gives you some ideas.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 12:43 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Just a note to tell everyone that I am the elf this year. Just send me a PM if you need help.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021 gift exchange, gift exchange, holiday gift exchange, wish list