Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-20-21, 06:28 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

At some point last evening I noticed that I had about 8,000 steps, so I did CH Elite: Rope & Ride, in full workout mode (with shoes and workout clothes and impact) and made it to over 11,800 steps for the day.

Waves to All!
Old 10-20-21, 10:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

18 minute outdoor walk
a few stretches

I was feeling pretty good yesterday so I thought I would try a walk. I probably should have waited a little longer because the sciatica flared up again as soon as I started walking. I'll see how today goes but right now it's pretty painful.

CAMBET, that's a great idea to do walking meetings. That's so good that you have a nice long weekend coming up. I totally support your decision to not travel to Boston and to try and catch up on things and relax a bit. I may have to re-think PT or a chiropractor if this continues to be so painful for much longer.

PENGUIN, well it's good that you tried some new YT channels. I'm definitely resting more than I usually do but complete rest is totally out of the question. I had to do a pretty big cleaning before my friend arrived last weekend and boy did I feel it!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 07:35 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Wednesday was super busy at work and I got in 10,000 steps before I even got home. I hung out with two of the Italy crew after work, so I didn't move much or try to get a formal workout after I got home. Made it to over 11,000 steps for the day.

Yesterday I took the day off from life and did as little as possible (after grocery shopping in the morning). There may have been not one, but two naps involved. I so needed a break! I only made it to 5,700 steps for the day, but that was ok. Today I have some work to do and some cleaning around the house, but at least it won't be at a frenzied pace. I'll probably try to fit in a workout, as well.

SB - I was hoping that the shorter walk would work for you, since I know how much you enjoy your walks. I'm sorry that the sciatica flared up. Uggghhh, how frustrating for you! I need to follow up with my friend to see if the PT is helping her. Continuing to send you healing vibes.
Old 10-22-21, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

19 minute outdoor walk

I tried another walk yesterday after just doing stretches on Wednesday. I felt good but the walking brought the pain back so I guess it's too soon. I have a brunch date with my friend soon so probably just stretching today.

CAMBET, glad you had a nice day napping and generally relaxing. Always needed with your hectic schedule.

Have a great day!
Old 10-23-21, 12:15 AM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I like the red font , it’s very festive :-) I’m in the Christmas mood already because I’ve been making Christmas quilts for several weeks now. I was hoping to come back to find that you were back/leg was doing much better! I am so sorry to hear it’s still giving you problems. At least your second walk was an entire minute longer :-) that counts is progress! Hope your brunch went well

Cambet, 14 hours is quite a road trip! I wouldn’t be real thrilled about that either :-) I hope you get everything done and a chance to relax :-) I like your idea of walking meetings :-) sounds like a lot more fun than just sitting at a desk. If you were able to take two naps in one day it sounded like you really needed them :-). I listen to a podcast where one of the hosts claims that napping is her “super power“ :-) she says she always feels so much better after a short nap.

Today I try to couple workouts from someone I haven’t tried in a while, Chimere Trielle’s 20m DB LB workout and 5000s in 30m walking workout. I did a few of her workouts several months ago and then kind of forgot about her, she doesn’t have a lot of walking Workouts however I enjoyed her lower body workout and will try more of those :-).

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-21, 07:43 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I ran some errands in the morning and then did some work and some cleaning, but not enough of either. I made it 7,000 by the evening time and was planning to do a 30-min workout at some point, but I fell asleep before I got to it. I'm ok with that. I did do few segments of CH Elite: Rope & Ride during the day. Having the last two days off has been heaven.

One of the Italy crew and I were planning a big hike today but she did something that caused a pinched nerve in her shoulder, so she's not feeling well and had to cancel. I may try to get in a walk later. It is currently 52 degrees , which is a little too chilly for me, though I usually prefer morning walks.

SB - At least you're getting in some movement with the short walks. I hope the stretching helps. Hope you enjoyed the brunch with your friend.

Penguin - Great job with your workouts! I'm definitely not ready for Christmas yet. I just put up a Halloween/Thanksgiving display yesterday (I ended up putting a pilgrim hat on my light-up plastic jack-o-lantern and he's surrounded by smaller different colored cloth pumpkins). How lovely that you are making Christmas quilts!
Old 10-24-21, 08:05 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I ended up doing a hike yesterday with one of the Italy crew, after all, but we didn't go to a trail in NC like we had planned. Instead we went to a state park not far from her house. I'm actually not a fan of that trail because it is full of tree roots sticking up, so you pretty much have to look down most of the time or you risk tripping. We had said that we would hike for a total of one hour (30 mins one way and 30 back), but my friend was stressed about a situation and kind of venting so at the 30 min mark I didn't suggest that we turn around. At the 45 min mark, I did. She is an avid hiker and would have kept going if I hadn't said something.

I honestly felt like I was just barely making it for some of the hike. She's much faster than me, which is good for me because it makes me push myself, but there were some places walking uphill where I was totally out of breath and really struggling. Because she was walking ahead of me and venting as we went along, she had no idea that I was behind her almost in danger of passing out. At some point we made it to a small bridge and I asked her if we could stop to enjoy the view for a few minutes, and because I needed a break, and that was when she first became aware that I was struggling. She felt bad and asked me why I hadn't said something sooner. I told her it was fine and I was glad to be pushing myself, but yeah, I wasn't having an easy go of it. She slowed down a bit on the return.

So, we walked/hiked for 1 hour and 30 mins and did 4.42 miles total. Later that evening I had this friend and another (2 of the Italy crew) over for dinner and a movie, and ran around tidying up before they arrived, so I made it to over 16,000 steps for the day.

SB - My friend that I hiked with is the one that's having the problem with her sciatica. She's done PT twice and said it is helping (especially since she is following up by doing the prescribed exercises at home). I mentioned your situation and she suggested a couple of things. One, perhaps getting a massage could be helpful if it's not too painful for you because a good massage therapist should be able to pinpoint the source of pain and be able to advise you who to see next for help (her massage therapist told her that she needed PT). And two, she suggested trying dry needling. I don't know much about it (she explained to me how it works and said that it helps a lot when she has a session), but just thought that I would mention it in case you want to look into it.

Penguin - Hope all is well with you!
Old 10-24-21, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I wasn't going to post because I didn't do much besides stretching on Friday.
I feel like I'm whining a lot and I don't like to do that. I'm still about the same and whenever I try to do something it just increases the pain. So I'm in a holding pattern for now I guess.

PENGUIN, here's some green to keep the Christmas vibes going. Back when the check-in started there was a poster Fran/Irb04 who always used different colors in her posts and I kind of kept up the tradition. Glad you enjoyed your workout. The Christmas quilts sound lovely.

CAMBET, that hike sounds intense but also great! It is nice to walk with someone faster to push yourself, that's why I like walking with my kiddos, but you don't want to push to the point of real discomfort.
Thanks for asking your friend about her sciatica solutions. It's funny I have been thinking a massage would probably feel amazing. If this keeps up much longer, I will most likely have to look into some kind of professional intervention. I have heard of dry needling. I may do a little more research. Sounds like a fun night with friends!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 10-24-21, 11:12 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Exclamation

I didn’t work out yesterday, I wasn’t feeling very well, slightly stuffy head and extremely tired, so ended up taking a two-hour nap when I usually work out :-) but I felt better after I woke up :-)

Today I thought I’d start with a short workout and added a few extra on :-) Reps to the Rhythms 2400s 80-90’s walk, 1400s Mood Boost walk and (new to me) Sweat Factor Cooldown Stretch .

Cambet, your Thanksgiving/Halloween display sounds adorable :-) good job on the extended hike and allowing your friend event, I’m sure she appreciated it! That’s a lot of steps!

SB, I don’t feel like you’re whining :-) ha ha Ha ha ha why did you do that I like the green, green is my favorite :-)

Our weather was chilly for a while but we’re back to upper 80s, that might be part of why I felt so bad the change in weather. It’s supposed to rain today and then Wednesday and Thursday and Friday :-(

Old 10-27-21, 03:01 AM  
patchworkpenguin

I forgot to post Monday’s work out, I started with Chimere Trielle’s‘s 20 minute upper body, Sharona Hill’s Latin party and Moore2Health 70s and 80s walk. I figured out some thing it’s very important :-) I don’t like workouts that talk to me, especially not if all you’re doing is counting reps! So I’m probably only going to do instructors that don’t have any audio other than music.

Unfortunately there’s nothing exciting happening around here :-)

Tags
vera laro