Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-21, 01:10 PM  
BunnyHop

Currently cycling through Star Trek DS9. Hadn't seen it in a while, and I seriously hope all the war and politics don't get on my nerves the way they did last time I watched, LOL!
Old 05-23-21, 01:58 PM  
warriorprincess

Ted Lasso was great! It is worth getting the Apple free trial just to watch it. The second season comes out in July I think.

I'm currently watching The Expanse series on Amazon. I didn't much like it a couple years ago when I watched a couple of episodes, but I've since read the books, and I'm loving the series. It makes a big difference when you know what the characters are thinking and feeling.

Also enjoyed Death in Paradise. I could see myself rewatching that one.

I'm most looking forward to 'The Foundation' coming out on Apple later this year. Based on Isaac Asimov's series. I reread them all last year since it's been decades since I read them the first time. I am ready!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 04:33 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Poldark - why did I wait so long? Not sure if 1 or 2 episodes a day is considered binge watching but that's more TV than I typically watch in a day.

I was watching the current season (4? 5?) of The Crown but got irritated with it. The Charles/Diana thing was boring to me. I enjoyed the earlier seasons more.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 04:59 PM  
DD546

Poldark - why did I wait so long? Not sure if 1 or 2 episodes a day is considered binge watching but that's more TV than I typically watch in a day.

That's me too! Love Poldark! I'm going to be sorry when I finish.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 05:10 PM  
Carol K

When you finish the Poldark series, you can read all 12 novels or at least the last 5 that take place after the series.
Old 05-23-21, 08:33 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I'm currently watching The Expanse series on Amazon. I didn't much like it a couple years ago when I watched a couple of episodes, but I've since read the books, and I'm loving the series. It makes a big difference when you know what the characters are thinking and feeling.
One of my uncles told me about The Expanse after he watched the first season of it on the Syfy channel. So then I started from the beginning and was hooked from the first episode and I'm normally not even that into sci-fi stuff usually! (My uncle loves sci-fi movies and tv shows.) I was so glad amazon took the show over and kept it going on prime after Syfy cancelled it. Which reminds me, I still have to binge watch season 5 on amazon since I don't think I've watched that one yet.

Vikings is another one I think I'm at least one season behind on. I've been watching it since the beginning so feel compelled to watch it to completion. It's pretty good but not in my top faves. IIRC, that's another one that got taken off its original channel (the History Channel) and the final season aired only on amazon prime.

I'm waiting until all of the latest season of The Handmaid's Tale is out before I watch it.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 09:29 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I forgot about "Death in Paradise". I know I have at least one or two newer seasons to find. That was an enjoyable and original show with good production. The solutions were sometimes unlikely, but it was fun to watch.
I am in the midst of Season 10 and they brought in some former characters and it was so heartwarming to see them! Really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I'm cycling through this for the third or maybe fourth time! I love it! I usually watch a couple of episodes before bed. I like something light and humorous before bedtime.
I love Schitt's Creek and watched the entire series a couple of times while I was laid up with my ankle. It is such a funny and feel-good show!

Donna
Old 05-24-21, 05:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Me too, it always cheers me up. It's a nice time of connection with my daughter, who is 20 and so busy with work, school and friends. She will be moving out soon, boo hoo. But she doesn't want me watching it without her. I told her, well, you will have to visit often, lol.
Awww. That is a nice way to connect. It is tough when our kids move out for the first time
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 07:30 AM  
anetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I had been watching The Office (repeatedly ) on Netflix and then after it left Netflix, I decided to buy the complete DVD set for my birthday this year. I'm so glad I did! There are tons of extras. Lately, I've started listening to The Office Ladies podcast where they talk in depth about each episode, and then I go back and watch the episode that they just talked about. Talk about seeing things I hadn't seen before! The Office Ladies are very thorough in bringing all the little details about the show to light.

I also got myself Britbox for my birthday and I've been bingeing on Death in Paradise. I had seen the first 6 or 7 seasons on Netflix, but then I guess it switched over to Britbox, so I'm almost caught up on the whole show now. I'm also bingeing the Vicar of Dibley.

Donna

I Love the Office Ladies great podcast

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 10:08 AM  
CabCalloway

I am anxiously awaiting for this Friday (5/28) when another season of Lucifer is unleashed upon us. We (DW & I) will probably take the episodes two at a time.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, favorite tv shows, off topic