Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-15, 09:30 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

OMG! That was a great 1st episode.

So, what does everyone think?

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-15, 09:34 PM  
muddjeansgal

I loved the druggy son. How scary to think you are hallucinating a zombie attack.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 06:32 AM  
mandie123

I thought it was a good first episode!
Old 08-24-15, 07:00 AM  
SquishyMommy

I thought it was okay. I just kept waiting and waiting for all the chaos to begin. I love the druggie son questioning his sanity. I liked that they gave us a backstory on the characters, but I think that a lot of that could have been incorporated in later episodes. An hour and a half of backstory and about three minutes of zombie action was a little slow for me. On The Walking Dead we were just thrown into the characters' lives and learned about them as the story moved on. With this series it seems they are concentrating more on the characters' family drama than on the events unfolding. So overall, a good episode but just lacking a little in my opinion. I was reinforced in this opinion when my husband (who does not watch The Walking Dead with the rest of us) sits down for a few minutes to watch and after awhile says, "I thought this was a zombie show?" I'm sure the action will speed up as the season progresses though.
Old 08-24-15, 08:41 AM  
BunnyHop

Exactly my thoughts, Jennifer!

I missed the first five minutes, so didn't get to see any zombies at all til much later, and IMO, the story dragged a bit. The bits of fake tension (heightened music to highlight a non-event) were kind of disappointing.

Isn't the point kind of the random, totally unpredictable nature of things? How can the music foreshadow that?

Whiny teenagers aren't my favorite, so we'll see how long it holds my attention.

The only thing I wonder so far, is what happened to the boyfriend that was supposed to meet the teenaged girl at the beach?

Nothing but a cryptic 'we're outta here' text so far, right?
Old 08-24-15, 09:26 AM  
MARIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
OMG! That was a great 1st episode.

So, what does everyone think?

Denise
ITA, Had a very high creep factor for me!
Old 08-24-15, 09:48 AM  
upperwside

I loved it. I liked the slow pace.. I like feeling the build up. Look forward to next weeks episode. I was a bit scared walking my dog last night after the show.. he's a big dog and I feel very safe with him.. but maybe not so with zombies...

I love watching The Walking Dead and now this one.. makes me think a lot about how I would handle myself in their situation..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 01:15 PM  
acey

I DVRd but haven't watched yet, but have been reading reviews and such (yeah, I'm that person who will often take a peek at the ending of a book before I've finished reading!). Particularly interested because LA is my hometown.
Old 08-24-15, 04:38 PM  
kiwichick

I'm with Anna and Jennifer on this one, bit slow and I found it dragged. I never find myself checking the time during TWD! Really hope it picks up over the next couple of episodes or I think I'll give the show a miss.
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 04:41 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
That scene is in the trailer.

Looks like The Talking Dead will not be on after the premiere of FTWD.
The Talking Dead came on at 8. I also heard that FTWD will be six weeks long. I got sleepy so Ill catch it tonight.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, fear the walking dead, ftwd, the walking dead, twd