Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-10-22, 08:44 AM  
Twigs

Yesterday, we walked for hours around the city of Bath. We had planned on visiting an old mansion and park on the way home but were too pooped. In the evening I did Ellen's 4 Elements Flow.

Two workouts this morning:
- ETV Gail's 9th May workout. This class had more of a focus on strengthening, especially for the legs, which I love.
- Our Beth's Space to Breathe. I'm still working on my lungs so this was perfect for me, with the mix of breath work and exercises to open up the rib cage. Thank you Beth. It's definitely one I'll re-visit.

Carolyn - The saying 'it never rains but it pours' comes to mind. I'm glad you were able to get everything sorted before your DH's trip. Hope he has a great time and you have a stress-free week.

Cyana - How nice to take a day off and visit with your DS. Hope you're not too busy this week.

Sandra - What fun! I like birthday parties because there's always cake.

Pam - I had to chuckle at you putting the house back together. I love having people to stay but it sure is a lot of work getting ready beforehand and then after they've left.

Pat - Sorry you're not feeling so great. Hope the lunch restores you.

Paine - Lovely workouts for you yesterday. I'd love to do Jackie's class but the time doesn't work out for me.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 09:40 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth's Space To Breathe Yoga (YouTube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJrs...nnel=YogiBethC
10 Min Morning Yoga DAY 6 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge (Yoga With Bird)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfr...l=YogaWithBird

Beth's yoga this morning was gentle and a nice way to start the day--thank you Beth!
I saw that Carolyn did the Yoga With Bird practice and I liked the preview so I enjoyed that one today--thanks Carolyn for posting the link!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 11:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, glad the Medicare bill wasn't just one month! Sorry about all the annoyances you dealt with over the weekend; those things are certainly frustrating.

Pat, that's exciting about connecting with family and your grandniece moving back!

Sandra, glad you also got to have some family time.

Pam, hope your family gatherings this past weekend went well.

cyana, hope you do get to do Lee's class tonight.

Margot, your walking yesterday sounds wonderful; hope it was a nice where you are as it was here. Glad you liked my new class!

Paine, glad you liked the class too!

Paine included the link, but here it is again for anyone interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJrs...nnel=YogiBethC

DH and I enjoyed our little overnight getaway. I got a lot at the book sale! I didn't think I would get any DVDs at all, but then I discovered they had a whole extra cache of fitness DVDs separate from their usual location. I did get 1, a Pilates hybrid called Burn:
https://www.amazon.com/Burn-Pilates-.../dp/B01GUP1COG

I also got a book on the Alexander Technique. I've always been interested in it, and this one came with an instructional CD, so I decided to try it.
https://www.amazon.com/Body-Breath-B...ks%2C76&sr=1-7

I know I got another book on Yoga Nidra, a couple of books on yoga philosophy, a couple of gift books, a CD of yoga music...that's all I can remember now!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 06:26 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Started with another Leslie Sansone 1-mile walk. Until this week I hadn't pulled out a Leslie in years even though she used to be one of my staples. But it was cheery and fun, and a good warmup. I finished with the Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set.

In some personal news, today I notified my library's HR department that I plan to retire as of September 23, 2022. I'm excited and a little nervous all at once!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 06:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, congratulations! Excited and nervous at the same time seems about right.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-10-22, 09:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Qi Gong Challenge: day 8 before my workout, day 9 after my workout
~Taught Essentrics
~Jessica’s Cardio Party
~Yoga With Joelle: Yin Yoga at the Wall + added winged dragon & supported fish

Sandra - Congrats on taking the leap into retirement! I remember feeling a both nervous and excited, I think that’s only natural. It was a good decision for me & I’ve never looked back.

Beth - Sounds like the book sale was a success for you. I saw your pics on FB, looked like a very pretty spot.

Margot - Yes I definitely had to put the house back together, lol, especially after the girls took out all the fitness equipment in my studio, lol……resistance bands, balls, bolsters, etc….. We had a lot of fun!

Pat - How nice that your niece is moving closer!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Nothing to report other than day 10 of the Holden 30 day qigong challenge. Had a wonderful time reconnecting with my grandniece and niece. We had winter salads that featured parsnips and carrots, finely diced and roasted, over greens with cranberry raisins and a sprinkle of unsweetened pecans.

Sandra, what great news! Have you begun navigating the Medicare maze yet? I got my first insurance company mailing the day before my birthday.

Paine, thank you for mentioning Beth's Space to Breath practice. Looks like something I need this week.

Beth, that Burn DVD looks familiar.

Margot, your long walk sounds so nice.

Carolyn, was that bill for a Medicare supplement or for the base plan? I'm so afraid to do this!

I haven't seen Cyana in a while - hope she is okay.

Having a challenging week here at work - sigh. Have a great day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 09:59 AM  
Garrie A.

Happy Humpday! I'm still around even though I don't post much, but I still think of you all. These past couple of months I've (slightly) fallen off the wagon, and I'm trying to get back into a regular routine.

For the past few weeks I've been pulling out workouts I haven't done in a long time to get my mojo back--some of the BSS Firms, Squeeze/Squeeze Stronger, Lotte Berk (Muscle Eats Fat/High Round Assets), and this week I'm revisiting Kathy Smith. Monday I did her Weight Loss Workout, and it was just as fun as I remembered (even though that "air guitar" move in the 50s section sure is dorky; thankfully I was upstairs and nobody was watching me). Yesterday I did her Great Buns & Thighs Step. I think I've only done it once several years ago but never pulled it out again until now. I really enjoyed it! I think today and tomorrow will be her Secrets Upper/Lower split strength workouts.

I'll be back to chat later. Waves all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 10:07 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

The Bar Method Change Your Body (all lower body: Thigh; Glutes & Hamstrings; Abs; Back Dancing & Final Stretch)

I had a great workout this morning with The Bar Method (Change Your Body). It had been a long time since I did that workout. I love all the stretching throughout the workout.

Beth, I hope you like the new pilates DVD. I hadn't heard of that one.
I'll be interested in reading your review of the Alexander technique. I've been curious about that for many years.

Sandra, congrats on your official upcoming retirement! I'm happy for you.

Pat, your food sounds delicious!

Garrie, it's great to hear from you.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 10:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, past books I've seen on AT have seemed dry - I liked that this one had the CD. Not sure when I'll get to it though; I feel like I have so much on my plate over the next few weeks!

Garrie, hard to believe you have fallen off the wagon - sounds like you are still working on a lot of classics.

Pat, if you try my video, I hope you like it!

I have some ideas for new videos - thinking about a neck "greatest hits" as well as a meditation using a rain stick (which I brought back home from my office in one of my pre-move efforts). But again, I feel like my schedule is kind of packed over the next few weeks with doing interviews for the head of our department (we had 1 yesterday, 4 today), drafting employee evaluations, writing treatment summaries for clients I've seen more frequently, and somewhere in there (still don't know when), moving offices!

Follow me @YogiBethC