Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-22, 10:14 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw View Post
family member died and a lot of stuff that nobody wanted. At her age, she didn't have the strength to declutter. Lots and lots of china and clothes.

Makes me look harder at my stuff.

I am working hard on kitchen clutter or excess cookware. I don't cook the same so i don't need the same equipment.
hugs, dcw!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 09:06 PM  
DCW

Thank you!!!

I have been working from home mostly. I need to declutter my office desk since i have drawers i haven't opened in ONE year. I figure all of it can be trashed or recycled. I have a box of work related books. The top of my desk looks 100% better since i cleaned it off. A coworker loved and used the lotion on my desk. I told her to take it with my blessings. I am still finding Bath and Bodywork lotion at home.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 12:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The other day, I dropped off some extra cat beds, bowls and treats at the local animal shelter. Also, a cat Ripple Rug "play mat" that the cats didn't like. Chewy refunded me my money and told me to donate it. So, that's what I did!

I do a few organizing things every day. I need to reorganize my craft area and supplies. The motivation is lacking sometimes.

Have a great weekend all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-06-22, 02:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Wednesday I couldn't find a belt so my searching led me to organizing the bathroom closet where my pajamas and gym clothes are. It gets so bad I pile clean folded laundry in the basket bc I dread putting them away! The belt was underneath the stack in the basket. And I did find a few things I could add to the donation bag.

Yesterday I spent about an hour and a half taking Christmas lights off the arborvitae. We put them on probably a decade ago (or more) when the trees were small and were just too lazy to take them down. The deer have destroyed the arborvitae up as high as they could reach so I was working in just bare pokey branches. I got down as much as I could till they were too high so I'll have to take a ladder out there but when hubby is home.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 03:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

small bits of progress - 2 dvds shared, one book donated, some clothes to the donate or thred up bags.

I've actually scheduled my retirement. When I think about sorting through all the 'work' clothes it's overwhelming to me. I thought I'd be excited but it seems daunting. Maybe once this semester is completely over I'll have more energy to dig deep into my closets and just keep what I need for the fall.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 04:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
small bits of progress - 2 dvds shared, one book donated, some clothes to the donate or thred up bags.

I've actually scheduled my retirement. When I think about sorting through all the 'work' clothes it's overwhelming to me. I thought I'd be excited but it seems daunting. Maybe once this semester is completely over I'll have more energy to dig deep into my closets and just keep what I need for the fall.
Congrats on the retirement! That's a big change!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-07-22, 11:01 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vintage Vfer, that's great that you were able to donate so many nice things to the animal shelter and Chewy was cooperative in giving you a refund too.

We finally got the most recent collection box to the Thrift Store...it was a pretty good size with a big mix of items. I also FINALLY found a local source to recycle batteries. Our local hardware store takes them. Now that I have rechargeable batteries for my digital cameras, I can reduce that number.

ThredUp got my box processed and I'm pretty pleased that they accepted everything I sent. Since a lot of the clothes I sent were older than what they recommend, I kind of wondered even though they had never been worn, just tried on. Two low ticket items that still had tags have sold and a few others have some interest so we'll see!

Congrats on your upcoming retirement Eventmom! More time to ride!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 06:05 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Vintage VFer - thanks! I'm looking forward to not working a 'job' after this fall! But yeah, it's taking some adjustment.

Catahoula Cate - that Thredup took everything is AWESOME! I think older but classic styles are worth sending them. glad a few sold fast - sometimes once they have been there long enough to be on sale (which is like 7 days) more things will move. It seems like things are selling better than the recent past hopefully you'll sell most of your items. Thanks on retirement, exactly right on the riding!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 09:07 AM  
fanofladyvols

Vantreesta I am sure your closet feels great now.. regardless of what motivated the organizing.

VVfer when the task has no motivation behind it then it usually takes me too long to do it so I bail and do something else.

eventmom what an exciting thing to look forward to. Fall will be here before you know it!

Good job on the progress, Catahoula Cate and DCW.

This week will be spent trying to reorganize and declutter and purge unwanted items from my daughter's stuff. Basically, she never missed things she left here and is noticing items that she did take that weren't ever used. She's making solid progress already but it takes time to let go...and guess what? Now I have a whole mess of tshirts for messy projects, hehe.

Happy letting go everyone

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 10:18 PM  
DCW

DD is moving back in with her stuff. She is making room for her stuff and decluttering our stuff. She cleaned out a junk drawer and reorganized stuff in the kitchen. I dont what she threw out and I'm not asking.
LOL!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, organizing, organizing the home, relocating