Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-28-22, 07:47 PM  
YogaGal

Today’s Workout – Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Power Upper (no finishers) premix from Power Splits dvd AND Yoga with Kassandra’s 15-Minute Morning Yoga Flow AIR Element. (I did the Earth Element last week on Tuesday. I’m working my way through them weekly as I did last year.)

Paine: Glad you enjoyed that Bird yoga I shared yesterday; I forgot to mention that I really loved the music! Hope your throat is feeling better.

DH and I are enjoying watching the recent version of All Creatures Great and Small on PBS. We caught the last 2 episodes of Season 2 back when we were watching Around the World in 80 Days. But recently I discovered that we had a recording of Season 1, episode 1 since I had set it to record all episodes. It is so nice to have a weekly new episode to see what we missed. We just watched episode 4 last night.
Old 04-29-22, 07:51 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

Waves to ALL! Sending healing vibes to Paine's throat and Pat's hand.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I'm finishing up the week with two days' vacation devoted to just enjoying the days off. I got back on the wagon yesterday:

~ LWR Walk Fit Challenge W4D7
~ Kassandra's newer 15 minute after work yoga
~ Bird's new 10 minute morning yoga for beginners

I finished Lucy's Walk Fit challenge in just under two months. Both yoga practices were nice - Kassandra's was nice gentle stretches and Bird's was also sweet.

TGIF Cyana!

Carolyn, I keep meaning to try Kassandra's elements routines. I also loved the music in Bird's practice, so soothing. And the Pine Tree Pose felt wonderful, I'll incorporate that regularly.

Paine, I hope the tea helps.

Margot, my niece has a huge crush on Colin Firth and all things British on PBS. How are you feeling these days?

Hoping Pam is having fun. Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 11:51 AM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Kind of blew off a workout yesterday and today is my scheduled "off" day. However, I did get in a 1-hour outdoor walk this morning.

At my job we just got an all-staff memo outlining the first phase of the management changes. Blech. I'm studying my calendar for a good retirement date, most likely in September. I plan to officially notify HR in early May.

Margot: I loved Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice also! Have you ever seen the TV series Lost Empires? I understand that is Mr. Firth's first major acting role, and he is very fun to watch in that as well.

Waving to everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 12:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Friday! Hope those of you having health/pain issues feel better soon.

My youngest sister and nephew have covid; apparently she feels like she has a bad cold, he feels fine.

My new boss started yesterday. It was kind of anti-climatic because I didn't even have much contact with him. I had more today and it was good, although we still have a lot of change/transition coming up in my department - the next academic year should be interesting!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 08:08 PM  
YogaGal

After 2 strength workouts the past two days, (lower body on Wednesday and upper on Thursday) my tired and sore muscles called out for a Yoga Day! I chose Yoga with Kassandra’s Yoga for Sore Muscles - Easy Stretches for Stiffness which was perfect. Even got DH to join me and he liked it as well.

Pat: I will never be able to do Supine Tree pose without smiling and thinking of Pine Tree Pose I want to try Kassandra’s after work yoga some evening soon. Kassandra shared 4 short element practices last summer which are in the 12- to 15-minute time range, but she has some older ones in the 40- to 45-minute range. I previewed Bird’s new one and it looks very nice; similar to the one we did earlier in the week.

Sandra: It’s good that these unwelcome changes at your work are coming at the time when you were already planning to retire and not when you have a year or more of work to deal with them. And I’d say that a 1-hour outdoor walk counts as a workout.

Beth: Sorry to hear about your sister and nephew. My nephew in Austin, TX got had covid back in January, but just had cold-like symptoms. Glad to hear your new boss is working out well so far.

Waves to cyana and anyone else dropping by!

FYI: This Sunday, May 1 is National Ride a Bike Day!
Old 04-30-22, 05:08 AM  
Margot

Happy Saturday to all!

I was working out this morning and saw a couple of ducks waddle by on our patio. What with the family of baby bunnies in residence - they're so darn cute - we never know what next will pop up in our yard.

Yesterday's workouts:
- HealthBarre Morning Wake-Up
- Kassandra's Morning Yoga Flow - Air. Thanks Carolyn for the recommendation. I like the shorter routines, as they're easier to fit in. I'm planning on doing the rest of her Element series.
- Short neighbourhood walk

This morning was:
- Jessica Smith Low Impact Cardio and Body Groove routine for the Blues
- Karin's latest release 'Embody' - Functional Anatomy for the Lateral Line. This was quite challenging for me with balance work and kneeling side left lifts. I think this program is going to be very informative, delving into anatomy and it's reasonably priced for 15 practices (ranging from 5 minutes to 45 minutes). I also did her very short practice for the Ipsilateral Functional Line.

Carolyn - I like Pine Tree Pose.

Sandra - It sounds as though all the stars are aligning for your retirement this year. I haven't seen 'Lost Empires'. I must have missed it, as I was living in Seattle at the time. I'm definitely going to watch this, if it's available. Thanks for the recommendation.

Beth - I'm glad to hear that your sister and nephew are not suffering too much with Covid. I guess the silver lining is that they'll be better protected going forwards. It sounds as though your boss is off to a good start.

Paine - Hope you're feeling better. I don't know if you eat bee products but Pat's idea of honey is a good one. I always keep a jar of good quality Manuka honey in my cupboard. A couple of months ago, DH and I both had sore throats and after one day of taking a couple of spoonfuls, we succeeded in fighting off the virus.

Pat - I like Alice's Daily Om series for the most part. There are some classes I like and others not so much. She also produced 4 shorter classes on her site that I always seem to gravitate to. Sometimes, she offers these past recordings at really good discounts.
I'm doing better thanks. I've been working on my lung and large intestine meridians lately and am seeing an improvement. Whether it's the placebo effect or not, I'm happy! How's your hand today?

Waves to Cyana, Pam and anyone popping in today. I've been thinking of Sherry lately. Hope she is doing ok.
Hope it's a great day for you all.
Old 04-30-22, 12:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!
I’m still alive, lol, just took a bit of a hiatus from the internet. We were in the city for the weekend & brought my BFF up to the house for a few days. We had a wonderful time!

Here’s my week, I took more rest days & I think my body needed it!

Saturday:
~Harbourfront walk in Sidney, 11,000 steps
~Bedtime stretch

Sunday:
~Modified day 1 circuit with resistance tubes & bands
~Outdoor walk & mini golf with the girls
~Bedtime stretch

Monday:
~Rest day

Tuesday:
~Taught Essentrics
~Walk in downtown Courtenay perusing the shops with my friend
~Bedtime stretch

Wednesday:
~Rest day

Thursday:
~Cardio 15 min gentle rebounding & 15 min on maxi glider
~Strength circuit day 1
~My usual potpourri of joint stretches, yin poses, hip stretches, & Yamuna’s psoas & adductor acupressure releases.

Yesterday:
~Beach & park walk on blustery sunny day
~Kinesiology appt - more new exercises!
~My usual potpourri of joint stretches, yin poses, hip stretches, & Yamuna’s psoas & adductor acupressure releases.

I’ll be back shortly to chat after I catch up…

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 12:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Paine - Glad you are feeling better!

Pat - Congrats on finishing LWR’s challenge! I hope your hand is healing nicely.

Beth - Sorry to hear about your sister & nephew. I know so many people who’ve had Covid recently, including a friend’s daughter who is pregnant. Fortunately none have been seriously ill. I hope your boss is a good fit.

Sandra - Sounds like retirement is looking more appealing!

Margot - Did you see Alice has a new BF series on sale this weekend, four 20 min workouts? I’ll likely buy them, can’t resist lol.

Waves to Sherry, Carolyn, & Cyana!

Back later with todays activities….

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 12:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Flow and Yin: A Balanced Yoga Practice with Donna Helm-Yost (first 35 minutes of Yin Yoga practice)

I'm feeling much better today! Yin Yoga felt good this morning.

Margot, how CUTE to see those ducks walking by your patio!
Thanks for the honey tip!

Carolyn, we enjoyed the first 2 seasons of All Creatures Great and Small. Masterpiece PBS will begin filming Season 3 soon.

Beth, thank goodness that your sister and nephew have mild covid symptoms. They will now have some immunity from covid.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve