Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-22, 11:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Peaky Blinders. ...
I've heard good things about that show. I don't have Netflix though.

After finishing Rome, I've started I, Claudius (1976) . It is a good follow-up. The story actually starts 7 years after the events in Rome. This show is more like a stage production. There are no hundreds of extras or digital effects. The acting is terrific!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 11:50 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Peaky Blinders. Fabulous saga that we just finished watching. We were all completely hooked. It’s about a gangster family saga set in 1900’s England.The first time that we tried, we watched it for about 20 minutes or so, didn’t really care for it, and we gave up. Then after quite some time, maybe a year or so, we gave it another go, and I’m so happy that we did! The production quality, acting, and story, were all so great. This was one of my favorite series ever. Obviously, since it has a gangster theme, it’s not appropriate for all. Has anyone else seen it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I tried to watch it last year but, like you, I couldn't get past the first episode. Maybe I should give it another try...
My husband and I tried watching it and we didn't get through the first episode either. He just told me the other day that some of the guys he works with told him it gets better so we may give it another chance.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 08:16 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Stargate SG1 and Atlantis have been on my rewatch list forever - I keep rewatching them because they are awesome. and I never get sick of them - in times of such stress about the human race, this how just makes me happy.

Picard season 2 - but I'm watching it as it airs and it's almost done.

Umbrella Academy season 3 starts soon.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 10:15 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

At the urging of a friend and a checker at the grocery store, I am watching Supernatural and enjoying it. It's cheesy and uncomplicated, plus they incorporate a lot of meta humor. My max is two episodes at a time however, because otherwise they run together.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 04:25 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
At the urging of a friend and a checker at the grocery store, I am watching Supernatural and enjoying it. It's cheesy and uncomplicated, plus they incorporate a lot of meta humor. My max is two episodes at a time however, because otherwise they run together.
I loved Supernatural. I was disappointed when it ended.

I'm watching Bull and Mindhunter right now.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 07:39 PM  
loulou

Arrow

I've been anxiously awaiting season 6 of Peaky Blinders. June 6th! Its very addictive. Sadly the actress who plays Polly, Helen McCrory, passed away last year.

Cillian Murphy is mesmerizing. All around great acting. Tom Hardy is back in season 6. Every episode he is in is icing on the cake. There are plenty of YouTube videos of classic Tom Hardy "Alfie" on Peaky Blinders. I didn't link any because of the language warnings and there would be some spoilers in there.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 08:14 PM  
gladgirl

Just finished Station Eleven on HBO MAX.
Not exactly like the book, but did enjoy it.

Off to find Ozark part two and series finale.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 09:20 AM  
wendug

I recently watched the series finale of Better Things and I'm bummed that it is over! It is from Pamela Adlon and shows the complex relationship between mothers and daughters. It is a fantastic show and worth a watch if you are looking for something heartfelt. It is on FX which can also be seen on Hulu.
Old 04-30-22, 06:54 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Off to find Ozark part two and series finale.
Just started watching the recent episodes last night. I enjoy the show but dang do they use the F word a lot, especially Ruth. I feel like washing my brain afterwards.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 07:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I've heard good things about that show. I don't have Netflix though.

After finishing Rome, I've started I, Claudius (1976) . It is a good follow-up. The story actually starts 7 years after the events in Rome. This show is more like a stage production. There are no hundreds of extras or digital effects. The acting is terrific!
I haven't seen Rome, but I remember watching I, Claudius when it was on originally. Agree that it was a sparse production, but definitely memorable in how the characters were depicted. IIRC it won awards for both the actors and the production itself.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic