Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-22, 10:32 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yesterday late afternoon and early evening, my sore throat was nearly gone but last night my sinus started draining down my throat and I woke up with a sore throat again (dang it!). I took a covid test this morning and I don't have covid. I didn't workout this morning but I might do a neighborhood walk with my grandson today.

Beth, thank you for the movie recommendations! I loved Pride & Prejudice with Kiera Knightly. I haven't seen the Colin Firth miniseries yet but I want to see it.

Pat should be getting her stitches removed today. I hope that goes well for her.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 12:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, sorry that your feeling better was short-lived; hope you bounce back again!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 12:18 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Thanks for thinking of me! Another one behind me!

I've been SO lazy. All those plans I had for hands free workouts fell by the wayside, though I did have a little cardio at the gym and several walks. I fell down the reading rabbit hole for sure.

Paine, I hope you feel better soon. Do they think it's a sinus infection?

Belated birthday greetings Beth! I enjoyed your Van Gogh photos on FB and am so jealous. I watched At Eternity's Gate with Willem Dafoe as VVG. It was good except for the dizzying, weird camera work attempting to "look through his eyes."

Ugh - I have to stop typing. Waves all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 07:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, having some lazy time can be good! I don't know that movie, but we like Willem Dafoe - he was in the movie we watched this past weekend, The Life Aquatic.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-27-22, 07:53 PM  
YogaGal

Well since Sasha let us sleep in a bit yesterday, she decided to wake us up early today!

Today’s Workout – Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Boxing & Legs premix from Lean Body Circuits dvd AND Yoga with Bird’s 10 Minute Morning Yoga For Beginners Full Body Stretch (for Stiff Bodies). It started out lying on your back with legs in Diamond position. I was relaxing with my eyes closed when I heard Bird talking about a possible variation in Pine Tree pose; I thought, well I’ve heard of Tree Pose, but not specifically Pine Tree? Then I looked over at my screen and realized she said “SUPine Tree.” Gave myself something to laugh about early in my day!

Beth: I noticed the white beans in that Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie recipe. I’ve seen recipes for brownies that include black beans, but I’ve never made any. Maybe something to try when I’m not working over the summer. I recall seeing Amadeus a long time ago (assuming you saw the 1984 version?) and thought it was very good.

Paine: I also drink Yogi Throat Comfort tea! I will use it for a sore throat from a cold or allergy and also when I’ve been teaching/talking a lot at work and my throat needs a little TLC. Hate getting sinus drainage on a sore throat! Hope you get over it quickly.

Pat: Hooray for getting past another surgery!! No need to feel bad about being lazy from time to time! And that walking was some nice movement during a recovery time.
Old 04-27-22, 08:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, that same website has an excellent black beans brownie recipe - I've made it for people and they have no idea.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-27-22, 08:41 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: A lower body mish-mosh -- my own version of the Knee routine from Total Body Solution, clam variations on my own, the lower body section of Volume 1 of Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone, and finally my own stretches.

Paine: Sorry to hear the sore throat is persisting. Have you definitely ruled out allergies?

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 06:03 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Yesterday's workouts:
- Bellyfit Daily Om Day 5 Open & Receive
- Kate V - Feeling good as hell!
- Lee Holden 10 minute evening exercise

Paine - Hope you're feeling better today.

Pat - It's good to nurture yourself when you're recovering. Hope you feel better now that the stitches are out.

Beth and Paine - I enjoyed the movie Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly but I have to say I prefer the mini series with Colin Firth. It's probably because I watched it when it was first aired on TV and at the time it was such a big deal. Everyone was talking about it and oohing and ahhing over Colin Firth. I re-watched the series a couple of years ago and still enjoyed it, although it is so dated (technology-speaking). My DH would definitely not endure 6 hours of Jane Austen either!

Waves to all!
Old 04-28-22, 10:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Still nothing to report, just popping in to say some hellos and get remotivated.

Margot, how do you like Alice's Daily Om workouts? I'd love if she filmed more of those short ones, they're so fun.

Sandra, good luck with your knee rehab.

Carolyn, thank you for linking the Bird link - Pine Tree pose sounds awesome!

Beth, The Life Aquatic sounds good.

Hi Donna and Garrie!

Feel better Paine. If you can get your hands on some cinnamon tea, a hot cup of that with honey helps. You could even brew it yourself by putting a cinnamon stick in your regular tea.

Have a great day Cyana, Pam and anyone who joins in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 10:36 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I'm feeling a bit better today so I'll likely go for another neighborhood walk this morning. This morning I did Yoga with Bird's 10 Minute Morning Yoga For Beginners Full Body Stretch, that Carolyn did yesterday and it was really nice. Thank you Carolyn!

Pat, I haven't seen a doctor so I don't know if I have a sinus infection or not. If the symptoms become worse, I'll see a doctor but I'm hoping it will clear up on its own. I have some cinnamon tea so I will make some today--thanks for the recommendation.

Sandra, I don't think this is allergy related.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve