Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-22, 08:26 AM  
Margot

It's been a busy few days but I did somehow manage to fit in a few workouts here and there. Talking of retirement, I seem to be busier than when I was working! My former tutor and a few others have been encouraging me to start up a practice for allergy testing but I'm not sure I want to go back to work now.

Today was:
- Jessica Smith WS3 Fusion Tone & Flow
- Karin's sequence for the spine and inner organs

Beth - Your Van Gogh photos are lovely. What a great setting for your yoga practice. Your chocolate pie looks . I think I'd need ice-cream to top it off.

Pat - I've been thinking about you. Hope your hand is healing nicely.

Paine - Hope your sore throat is short-lived and you feel better today.

Carolyn - Like you, I'm waiting to learn more about Jessica's workouts before buying them. I definitely want her Fusion one but am not sure yet about the weight workouts. I'm not into heavy lifting, so will wait and see. How nice to have your DH join you in your yoga practice. My DH has done some Lee Holden qigong classes with me in the past but he's not really into it. At the moment, I have him doing some Essentrics stretching to help with his sciatica.

Cyana - I'm glad you're finding some self-care practices to help you through the work week. I do a burning meditation just before I get out of bed every morning. It does seem to help and gets me in the right frame of mind at the beginning of the day.

Sandra - I hope Jessica's new program is released soon too. I'd hoped her Mom would be part of the classes but it doesn't look like she will be part of this set.

Pam - Hope you had a fun visit with your friend this weekend.

Well, I'm off to do some more gardening this afternoon - we're re-doing a rockery and also planting more veg - and then plan to make some almond chocolate chip cookies (inspired by Beth).

Waves Garrie. Hope all is well with you.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-26-22, 08:53 AM  
JustSandra

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!

Garrie: Hi there!

Margot: Yeah, I'd love it if Debbie was there with Jessica. Her presence is really helpful as far as presenting modifications.

Be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 09:52 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say…. Happy Birthday Beth!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 12:53 PM  
YogaGal

Happy Birthday to our Yogi Beth!
Enjoy your day off tomorrow!
Old 04-26-22, 03:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, I've got the ice cream (Gelato actually).

Thank you Carolyn, Pam, Sandra, Paine, and cyana!

DH and I will go out to dinner tomorrow; tonight we plan to just have the dessert and watch a movie.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 07:13 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again.

Today's Workout: Since I enjoyed working from Margaret Richard's Good N Strong for yesterday's lower body workout, today I did various upper body sections from the same DVD. After that I tried to do a couple of short add-on abs routines, but just couldn't get into them. I also walked outside 1.25 hours both yesterday and today.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 07:28 PM  
YogaGal

Sasha kitty didn’t wake me up at the usual time, so due to oversleeping , instead of a 30-minute HIIT workout . . .
Today’s Workout was Jessica Smith’s 15-Minute Belly from her 15-Minute Fast Fat Blasts AND Yoga with Joelle’s Morning Yoga at Sunrise (the one Margot did earlier this week)

Beth: The new frames are blue, but do have slight gray and periwinkle undertones on the front and the ear tips. They won’t be ready until May 6, or possibly sooner. I think I just gained 5 pounds looking at the pictures of that Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie! It looks so good!

Paine: Sorry about you catching that sore throat from your daughter; hopefully she has recovered and you will feel better soon. Do you have some good teas to help treat it?

Margot: Thanks for sharing Joelle’s Sunrise yoga; I enjoyed it. My DH has warned me that retirement days go by fast. You have things you want to get done, and before you know it, the day is over.

Sandra and Margot: I definitely want Jessica’s new Fusion and Stretch & Relax dvds. I like her Strength work, but just not much over 30 minutes. I will miss Debbie and Beth (as well as Peanut ), but Jessica is generally good about showing modifications when she films a solo workout, so I hope that’s the case here.

Waves to Garrie!
Old 04-26-22, 08:24 PM  
Donna D

Happy Birthday Beth! Wishing you the best of health and happiness!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 10:23 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This morning I went on a neighborhood walk with my 3 year old grandson. He loves our walks! He wanted to walk up the hill to see the water tower so that's what we did.

Carolyn, I've been drinking Throat Comfort Yogi tea. My sore throat has improved today but is still there. What type of teas do you drink for a sore throat or when you aren't feeling well?

Beth, let us know what movie you saw and if you liked it or not!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 08:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

So nice to have a midweek day off today!

Donna, thanks for weighing in with birthday wishes!

Carolyn, I hope you love the new glasses when you get them! I never thought to look in the kids section, but my head might be too big. The cookie pie was from the site Chocolate-Covered Katie, which offers healthier dessert variations - it's made with white beans! DH is definitely not into healthy but he liked it.

Paine, we've actually seen several movies of late. Over the weekend we watched THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU. I remember when it came out and was never interested in it then, but DH has really liked some of Wes Anderson's movies (especially MOONRISE KINGDOM), so when I saw it at at the library, I decided to get it. We both really liked it a lot - it's quite quirky and has a bit of violence, but it's also sweet. Last night we watched PRIDE & PREJUDICE, the Kiera Knightly version from 2005. People told me that the miniseries with Colin Firth was better, but I didn't think I could get DH to watch 6 hours of Jane Austen with me! And I thought this version was actually really good - I recently read the book and found it very true to the story; DH seemed to like it too. The third movie I picked up for us from the library was AMADEUS, which neither of us has ever seen.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve