Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-22, 03:31 PM  
Leonana

Pam, I was fitted with my mouth guard today, and it was a lot more comfortable. It seems that there is a big difference between the professional and OTC. But they are so expensive! Mine was $700 times two for upper and lower, plus $250 for the exam and $285 for the X-ray. And when I needed it adjusted, it’s another $153. My credit card is really hurting lately!

ETA: Well, scratch that. It felt comfortable in the office. However, when I tried it on at home, it was horrible! The fit was way too tight on my molars, and caused them to throb. I've never had jaw popping, but after wearing it for five minutes, my jaw started popping. I called the office and they got back with me at 4:30. I was told to stop wearing it, and come in on Tuesday to get it fitted. Very discouraging! I made an appointment to get one for the daytime, now I'm really re-thinking that!
Old 04-15-22, 07:30 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Been busy, but I have been plugging away with WS1. I've been having a lot of fun revisiting these. Today is Barefoot Fusion Sculpt and I'm also going for a hike during lunch with a senior group. I really don't consider myself a senior, lol. But they take anyone 55+ and it's free.

Not sure what I'm doing for Easter. My SIL has COVID, but should be better by then. We'll see. If not, then I'll just be staying home and decluttering.

Donna, Wow, it's crazy you work until midnight some nights. That really is unacceptable. Were you working those kinds of hours before COVID? Enjoy your time off! My boss has been on vacation this week, so it feels like a vacation for me, LOL. She'll be back on Tuesday.

Sherry, Sorry to hear you're still having problems. I'm sure it's very frustrating for you and I hope you get some relief soon!

Pam, Those hikes you go on sound great! The ones I go on are not challenging at all. They're on level ground and there isn't a lot of walking. They are more educational than anything else (there is a naturalist who leads them), but I have been looking for something more physical. I also really need to get out and meet some new people, so I'll have to look around and see if I can find something around here that is similar to what you've been doing.
Old 04-15-22, 10:34 AM  
Leonana

I did a short, gentle walk around the block. Then I did Jessica's 15 Minute Yoga for Stretch and Relaxation, I think it's on Yoga Fusion Fix.

I think the last time I exercised I did too much. Even though it was low impact and ten minutes of strength, it was too jarring. I need to stick to gentle walks and short yoga.

I need some yoga channel suggestions. I need overall relaxation, and also some for the neck and shoulders, because I have to sleep straight up, otherwise the extraction site hurts more. I guess the blood goes away from it. I'm also going to start doing my meditation regularly. Distraction helps a lot. I'm going to start going to church again. I guess Easter Sunday is a good choice!

I go back and forth on if the TMJ doctor is right, or if my mouth needs adjusting. I think she is, I need to calm down and let my mouth heal. I've also realized the OTC mouth guards make my pain worse. They are made one size fits all, for people with a straight bite, and my bottom teeth are crooked, and one tooth hits harder than the rest. The professional mouth guard does fit better, and my bottom teeth press on it evenly. Hopefully, it will be adjusted correctly on Tuesday, and I can start to heal. I still have to get my permanent crowns in a week and a half, so that will delay healing a bit.

I'm going to stop posting about it, as I'm obsessing, and it's making my anxiety and OCD worse. Just know I'm hanging in there! I'll update on Tuesday if my mouth guard is fitted correctly. Crossing my fingers!

wishiwasinhawii, WS1 sounds like a great choice. I hope you enjoy the hike. I'd like to join a hiking group eventually.
Old 04-16-22, 12:02 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

I am enjoying my days off - it has been nice to not be glued to a desk!

Yesterday was:

Body Gospel - Body Revival (Cardio) and Core Revelation (Core work)

Today, so far:

Body Gospel - Power & Praise (Cardio and Weight circuits)

I hope everyone has a good day!

Sherry - sometimes the hardest thing to do is to to nothing!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 02:01 PM  
Leonana

Today I went to a local park close by. It's a larger one, with a sidewalk trail around a large pond. I think it took me a half hour to walk around the whole park. It was in the 60's, so nice weather. Lots of people and dogs too, so nice to get out and see other walkers. Later I did Holden QiGong's "8-Minute Qi Gong Routine for Upper Back, Neck, and Shoulders." It felt pretty good.

Donna, so true! However, I know for sure my bite is really off, at least on the left side. Long story, but all my crowns on the bottom are now lower than they used to be. That was part of the problem with the pain and lack of healing. Not that anyone would listen to me! I can still chew, but my bottom front teeth are hitting the top front teeth too much. I guess I need my bottom front teeth adjusted now, although they are already low from years of wear. I will see the crown dentist on Tuesday morning, and ask him about it. The only other option would be to replace the crowns with higher ones. It's always something! But my mouth is less painful, I switched OTC mouth guards. It should be even better once I get my dental mouth guard.
Old 04-17-22, 12:35 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sticking w/ the Faith Based theme I did:

Leslie A Closer You - 2 Mile Walk - Carol was a backgrounder in this one. it was a pretty standard Leslie routine.....

Donna Richardson - Sweating in the Spirit - Stretch Segment

Hope everyone who celebrates has a nice Easter Sunday!

Sherry - I hope you are seeing improvements!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 01:09 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Happy Easter, everyone!

Friday, I did a five mile hike in Swansea, MA with a few gals I met hiking previously. It was a nice varied trail with a pond, woods, hills, bike/motorcycle ramps, large rock outcroppings, hawks flying overhead, and streams to crossover walking on boardwalks. Nice mix and a beautiful 60 degree day!

Saturday, DH and I went to a couple cemeteries to look up a few graves with our Poe scholar friend. It was very windy when we were out so we came home to play some board/card games.

Planning to do a short something today, after lunch. I'm neglecting my treadmill.

ETA: Last night was the first time I slept with my mouth guard the whole night through! I was very tired, since I got to bed so late!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 05:35 PM  
Leonana

Went for a walk this morning on the canal. It was nice weather for it. Then went to a church for Easter that my friend goes to. I enjoyed it, but it's pretty big. I think I will try something smaller next week.

Donna, I still have pain, but it's less. I am using a different OTC mouth guard at night, and that is helping. It keeps me from grinding on the painful teeth. But I really think my mouth is out of alignment and it won't heal until that is fixed. I'm probably going to have to get a second opinion, other than the TMJ doctor. Hopefully, they will get the mouth guard adjusted correctly for me on Tuesday, and that should help too.

Pam, I'm glad the hike went well. That's great you were able to sleep all night with the mouth guard. I hope it helped.
Old 04-18-22, 11:57 AM  
Leonana

I walks today. We went two hours north to visit our friends for a late Easter dinner. I’m looking forward to a change of scenery.
Old 04-18-22, 12:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I was back on the TM today with a walk in Croatia, and another in Easter Island with trainer Tommy Rivs Puzey, who coincidentally happens to be doing the Boston Marathon with an iFIT filming crew.

Have a good day!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tablet