Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-11-22, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sigh, Happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured GYM for 15 recumbent, 40 weight machines and 15 arc trainer, plus 5,666 steps.

Paine, the tulsi/holy basil has an assertive taste. Not unpleasant but it's definitely there. I don't have any right now, but when I buy some you are welcome to a couple teabags to try.

Pam, I saw your snow on FB. It was actually pretty!

Beth, thank goodness you found the cause of your power failure.

Hello to all who follow!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 10:20 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Presence Through Movement Yin Yoga with Kim Eng (Yin Yoga 2 Poses)
Jackie's Essentrics class

Beth, if I could ride a bike without pain, I would use a recumbent or stationary bike and watch TV or read a book while biking! I was going to tell you that if you didn't have a recumbent bike you could get one of those stationary bike stands that you could put your bicycle on and use it like a stationary bike.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 07:36 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: I did the first 30 minutes or so of the Extended routine from Lee Holden's Qi Gong For Healthy Joints (the newer version). I was able to get a discounted, previously returned copy from Amazon, which arrived today. The Extended routine goes on for 55 minutes which is longer than what I like, but there was a good stopping point after the bone shaking. Next time I may either try the Long routine (46 minutes) or the Short routine (21 minutes) -- I believe all of the routines use the same footage. Earlier this afternoon I got in a 1.25-hour outdoor walk.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 10:35 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Joint stretches & Yamuna’s hip & adductor releases - I try to always do these before my workout
~beach park walk on a blustery sunny day, cracked through 10,000 steps
~Strength circuit day 2
~hip, quad, adductor, & QL focused stretches & supported yin poses

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Nothing to report here except a short yoga in the morning, Kassandra's newer gentle morning yoga. Another day of being totally wiped out. I made DH eggs for dinner and went to bed early.

Pam, you're so good for getting out to the beach in the wind.

Sandra, I'm intrigued by your getting that Holden DVD on Amazon. How did that work? Do you think the newer version is different enough from the Pacific Healing Arts version?

Paine, I saw you attended class with Jackie - fun!

Waves to all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 09:00 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - I'm dragging to start this week. Yesterday I was dealing with pain all along my left side; I know it's from sitting, but I can't figure out what I need to correct.

I did do some stretching/strengthening of the area plus this yoga practice last night (it's 3 of 4, and I had already done the first 2):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlpH...ithZsuzsaKohan

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 09:12 AM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

I think it must be one of those weeks. I've been dragged out all this week too and it hasn't been warm or dry enough to get out for a walk. Pam, your beach trail sounds lovely.

Yesterday I forced myself to do:
- ETV Gails latest online class
- Karin Hands to Heart - mainly supine

This morning I did:
- Jessica's WS2 Balance Poise and Grace

Beth - Sorry to hear you're having some pain; all the more frustrating when you don't know how to correct it. Hope you have success soon. I'm starting a class on pain soon with a big focus on headaches/migraines and back problems, so am looking forward to that.

Cyana - We had problems with badgers digging everything up in our garden a few years ago, so DH built some cages to protect our veggie garden. At least, the bunnies, cute as they are, won't be feasting on our plants!

Waves to all. Hope it's a good day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 09:29 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Margot! It's better today; it just flares up sometimes. I've tried to prevent but can't seem to find the ideal sitting conditions. Sorry to hear you are dragging too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 11:17 AM  
cyana

Good Morning! I took another Computer Avoidance Day yesterday, aside from logging into streaming accounts for working out. I took a nap in the afternoon (translated: I became unintentionally unconscious while sitting in the recliner with the nice, warm kitty in my lap ). I don't know if that whacked my sleep last night (had zero caffeine yesterday), but was mostly awake after 1 AM so I'm definitely a member of the Dragging My Rear Club today! I'm hoping to get out and do some pruning. There's a tree service somewhere in the neighborhood and I hope they hurry and finish up. I must feel a special kinship with trees, as it is painful to listen to them being sawed down and fed into a shredder. It's mostly cloudy, but the temps are supposed to be warm. Fingers crossed: we have someone who is allegedly coming out around 1 PM to give us an estimate on some exterior home repairs. We have been trying to find someone to do this for at least 3 years and it is beyond frustrating that no one seems to need money.

Monday:
ETV: Amanda's Stress Relief Program Day 1: Improve Your Range of Motion (fortunately no one could see me grimacing )
MFML: Meditation: Body Intelligence - Lizzie Reumont

I'm almost relieved that I've completed Lee's Acupressure & Self-Massage series. There's a study session today, and as previously noted, I have much reviewing to do!

Pam - I couldn't open those links - it gave me the FB log in page and I don't have a FB account. I tried several browsers, so I'm not sure what's up with that, but appreciate the attempt! Yikes on the April snow.

Beth - Those electrical things can be such a nuisance and you're frequently left wondering - is this a big deal or can I just flip the breaker and/or GFCI to reset and all will be OK. DH and I have tackled many home repair jobs over the years, but we have a healthy respect for electricity (thank goodness our self-preservation genes are still functional!) and call the pros for those projects. I thought about you earlier when we went to the Whole Wallet to pick up our grocery order. There was an employee getting the carts out of the rack to take back into the store and then he also had to round up all the strays that people couldn't bother to put in the racks.

Margot - I don't know that I've ever seen a badger in real life. We used to read the Frances (the badger) books by Russell Hoban to DS when he was young, LOL! Good for you and DH to have critter-proof cages to protect your veggies. It's crushing when they devastate your plants. I have some native blueberry bushes that I need to figure out how to protect this year, as the birds always beat me to the berries. Can't wait to hear about your upcoming class on pain.

Sandra - I'm sorry to hear the management changes don't sound like they will be positive. When I'm using Lee's DVD's, I will most often choose the practices that are in the 25-30 minute range over the longer ones unless I feel I need an extra-dose of self-care that day (and also have the time). I'm glad your knees cooperated so you could take a nice walk!

Pat - I'm sorry you're also a member of the Dragging Old Hags Club (just kidding with the use of hags - but duly note whatever term we want to use, I count myself among the members). I'm having my second cup of Organic India Breakfast Tea now. I can't find the gotu kola tulsi tea anymore - that's the first one I ever tried (on the recommendation of a former yoga teacher).

Paine - Kim Eng has such a lovely, calming presence.

Time to report for study session. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 11:58 AM  
cyana

Funny Zoom thing from my study session: You know how we've all gotten used to having cameo appearances from people's pets during the video meetings over the past several years - which I absolutely love. One of my co-workers has a French Bulldog that snores loudly during our staff meetings and he cracks me up. Just now, at the end of the study session, the person who runs the meetings was closing things out and she suddenly looked over her shoulder and said "I'm so sorry - my Rumba just came in the room if you hear some noise!" That was a new one.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve