Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-22, 10:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Joint stretches & Yamuna’s hip & adductor releases
~4km forest walk, a little shinrin yoku
~CS 601 Arms & Posture
~Hip focused stretches & half saddle

I have a few DOMS from yesterday, Abs & quads, so the stretches & hip releases felt good.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 06:43 AM  
Margot

Happy Sunday to everyone!

I had a couple of bad nights waking up at 2 am, so haven't been very active apart from a couple of short walks. It's sunny today and not too windy, so plan on a long walk after lunch.

This morning I did:
- HealthBarre Online Group Class

Beth - Kate's class was pretty relaxing, interspersed with some short standing poses. It was nice. Yes, I always check the eggs first and always find the ones with the best dates.

Paine - I'm glad your heat wave was short lived. 73 degrees sounds just perfect.

Sandra - That's good news that your knee is getting better and you're able to manage it when it does act up.

Pat - A pot of chai and an old movie sounds great. It always surprises me that they still show really old movies here on TV. I've even seen some in black and white!

Pam - I hope the Yamuna releases are helping. I must start rolling again. I think it's 'Save your Pelvis' that always made me feel like a new woman afterwards.

Cyana - How cool to get blue eggs. Ours here are the bog standard brown. Thinking of eggs and Easter, we have a baby bunny in our back garden. I saw his Mom or Dad a week or so ago but not since. I guess they're busy making other little bunnies.

Waves to all! Everyone have a great day.
Old 04-10-22, 08:24 AM  
cyana

Good Morning I observed a day of Computer Avoidance yesterday. I'd worked every day since my last time off, and most days over 10-12 hours, so I was ready!

Old Man Winter and Mother Nature are most assuredly feeling a bit mischievous. Although the morning temperature wasn't brutal yesterday morning at the farmer's market, it was a damp cold and I was chilled to the bone. And to boot - we got pelted with microscopic sleet, which was not in the forecast. It didn't hurt, but sure was weird. Hopefully after this morning, we will be finished with frost and freezing temps. One of my vendors is bringing me tomato plants next Saturday. I was so happy to get home and wrap my hands around a hot cup of Organic India Breakfast Tea. I used yesterday as a recovery day.

Today is the last workshop from Lee's Acupressure & Self Massage series. I have SO much review to do, as there was a ton of material to digest and I haven't had the available hours to devote to going back over the material from each class plus do all the bonus work that is provided.

Beth - I always put my cart neatly in the rack at the grocery store. If there are any strays around the rack, I'll put those back, too. Did the video link in the Tias/vagus article work for you? I may need to go back with a different browser. I watched one of T's videos - I didn't know she had a YB channel.

Pam - I went to Yamuna's FB page and it looked like the link to that video had been removed or perhaps it's only visible if you are a subscriber to her page or if you're logged into FB? I don't have a FB account, which means I can only see what people make public. I saw where she said she'd had a hip replacement. I'm glad she's made a full recovery.

Paine - Wow on the 94 this week! The first time DH and I went to CA many years ago (San Francisco), it was in the 90's when we got there. Within a day, the highs were in the mid-60's, so we were driving down Highway 1 in our rental convertible with the top down and heat on, LOL!!!! The scenery was so amazing we couldn't bear to put the top up.

Sandra - Hooray that your knees seem to be happier. I watched some Bob and Brad videos this week, including their recommendations for old geezers. And yes, that included squats.

Margot - Hopefully your bunnies won't be feasting on your garden! At our previous house, rabbits were such pests. I can't tell you how many veggies they mowed down to the dirt, including the most beautiful spinach I'd ever grown. Here, the squirrels are a royal pain. They'll nibble the green shoots on the bushes and trees in early spring and excavate my potted plants so they can hide their acorns.

Pat
- I'm sorry you haven't gotten a robust response to your employment ad. There aren't many people who know how to do my job, so it's common to have to hire someone that you hope will "get it" and it usually takes about six months for them to be up and running independently. Yum on your pot of chai yesterday.

I must get my act together since I'll be in class for six hours today. Hope everyone has a great day. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 09:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

For all the mavens with sleep issues, Ten Percent Happier had a newsletter article about sleep today. It's less about insomnia tips and more about savoring the sleep that you do get:
https://www.tenpercent.com/meditatio...og/sleepbetter

cyana, the Tias video did play for me; it's basically just the short setup for the pictured pose. Good for you for putting back multiple carts; I don't tend to do that unless they're in my path. I hope you have more no-computer days this coming week.

Margot, that sounds like a good mix from Kate. Sorry about your late nights this week.

Pat, DH & I love TCM! We are pretty old-school in our TV-watching - i.e., flip stations until we find something we want to see (basic cable, no streaming services). We watched the end of BULL DURHAM on TCM on Friday.

Pam, your walks still sound wonderful. I am planning to get my bike tires replaced soon so I can get my nature exposure this summer again.

Paine, I've never come across a missing egg either!

Yesterday I went to yoga class in the morning; it was nice b/c it was one of the teachers in our Saturday rotation who I haven't been to, and I didn't realize how much her teaching style was like mine. My yoga teacher friend Carol was also there, so it was good to chat with her after. I had plans to do some more movement when I got home, but... well, I gave myself permission to have a lazy Saturday and eventually wound up taking a nap.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 09:55 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Cyana - Enjoy your last workshop! We have had cooler than normal temps here too. I saved the Yamuna videos and was able to copy the links to them. Hopefully they work.
https://www.facebook.com/YamunaBody/...7766060441164/
https://www.facebook.com/YamunaBody/...2215170359799/

Beth - Sometimes a lazy stretchy Saturday is just what you need!

Margot - Ugh, sorry you’ve been lacking sleep.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 04-10-22, 11:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sun Day everyone! I enjoyed my Saturday of mindless puttering. I got the bookcases all cleaned out and the non-DVD shelves reorganized. I still have to sort and put the workout DVDs away and am totally at an impasse now. I repurposed shelving for yoga props and books that were stacked around the house. Now there's not enough room for all the yoga and fitness DVDs. Sigh. Looks like time for a major purge, one that might hurt a little. Hopefully the library is accepting donations again.

Love your shinrin roku, Pam. I keep wanting to get to the beach but the wind has been too high here. Thanks for the Yamuna links.

Beth, it's good to know there's another house out there with no streaming services!!! Thought we were the last holdouts. I might have to get Showtime for a limited time though, they have a new series called The First Lady that I've got to see, about various presidents' wives through history. The first shows are Eleanor Roosevelt, Betty Ford and Michelle Obama, and it looks fantastic. I've been a TCM devotee since it first aired.

Margot, I hope you have better sleep soon and that you get in a nice soothing walk.

Cyana, that's nuts about your hail. Organic India makes great teas, I'll have to try the chai flavor. I read that holy basil is good for headaches and inflammation so I keep Tulsi Green in rotation. That's a long training period - it must be so frustrating if someone trains then leaves.

I need to get off my arse - good morning to Sandra, Paine and anyone who visits today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 02:28 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day. I went to 2 markets this morning. I thought I'd have DOMS from Margaret's Home Improvement but I am not sore at all.

Sandra, thigh weights are much easier on the joints compared to ankle weights. I have both and use both for various workouts.

Beth, do you still have your recumbent bike and do you make use of it?

Pam, thank you for those Yamuna video links!

Pat, what does Tulsi Green tea taste like? Is that the Organic India Tulsi brand you are talking about?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 07:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was a rest day of sorts….
~Joint stretches & Yamuna’s hip & adductor releases
~CS 602 - this was rather “meh” for me
~long stretch & supported yin session….hip, inner thigh, quads, & QL focus

We had freaky weather today! It snowed this morning which is virtually unheard of here in April. It didn’t stick around our place, but a few kms from us they accumulated a significant amount. It was very heavy wet snow and took down trees causing power outages. It’s sunny now and has warmed up, but some areas are still without power.

Pat & Beth - I’m opposite to you, we gave up cable about 7 years ago and we don’t miss it. We stream Netflix, Prime, & BritBox. My BritBox comes up for renewal soon & I plan to cancel. All three subs together cost us less than our cable did.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 04-10-22, 09:05 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: A combo of Sandra's version of the Knee routine from Total Body Solution (adding in Doorknob Squats and a couple of held squats against the wall, plus extra stretches), plus the lower body work from Margaret Richard's Getting Better. This morning I walked outside for just over an hour.

Looks like some major management changes are coming to my library system. This has been in the works for some time but was put on hold due to Covid. Now, though, we should hear details shortly and apparently the plan is that it will begin with the fiscal year starting July 1. However, I'm not too happy with the rumors I am hearing, and I am considering possibly moving up my retirement from October-ish to mid-summer. Stay tuned!

Yogapam: I saw the pics you posted on Facebook of your crazy weather -- wow!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 09:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

A little unnecessary excitement here tonight - we blew a fuse (with a stupid waffle maker!), couldn't reset by resetting the fuse, and went through a 2-hour odyssey before we found the ground outlet that was also tripped.

ETA: Paine, I didn't answer your question - yes, I do still use my recumbent bike. It's my lazy day cardio - e.g., sometimes I'll ride while reading a book. I'm worn out from last night's excitement, so I might have to do that tonight!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve