Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-22, 06:23 AM  
Margot

Happy Friday to all!

I loved hearing all your stories of VF friends you've met over the years.

Yesterday's workouts:
- ETV Meg's new advanced class. The faster pace made for a nice change. It was good to see her back. She said she'd been in Costa Rica.
- Kate Vantucci - Hips & Shoulders.

Cyana - One more day to go and then a week of freedom.

Sandra - What are the odds that a fellow VFer would be living so close to you? I think it's great that you've maintained a friendship over the years too. Apart from my DH, I don't know of anyone who is into health and fitness like I am. I don't think there are any VFers near to where I live, so I'm grateful for this forum. I know I'll be buying Jessica's Fusion set but will wait and see what else is on offer. How's your knee today?

Paine - I'm not a fan of TIFT'ing either. It gets so boring.

Pat - Yes, those were dark days when we first went into lockdown. There was such a lot of fear. I remember holding my breath every time I passed someone in the street!

Beth - Thanks for the link. Yogauonline is such a great resource for information. They have some great articles on the site. Have you done any of their courses? I was always keen on human biology at school. I often wonder where I'd be now if I'd chosen this field rather than the career path I ended up taking.

Waves Pam and anyone popping in today.
Old 04-08-22, 07:28 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, I haven't tried any of the paid Yoga Online courses, but their content definitely looks great. How was the Kate practice? I did her short Take Five yesterday.

TGIF! I am dragging today and am so glad it's the end of the week.
Here is a fun little Friday poll for you all:
When you buy eggs, do you open the carton to check them first?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 07:38 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

I shall not lie - I will be holding my breath today that nothing comes in that will derail my time off for next week. My co-workers are also very busy and I don't know that they would have time to take on some of my work. We are all weary of the staffing situation. There was a half-hearted attempt to hire another person in early 2021 that went nowhere. Keep your fingers and toes crossed, please.

Beth - When I purchased eggs at a store, I always opened the carton and looked at my eggs. I started doing that after I got home and found a broken egg in the carton. I buy from a vendor at the farmer's market and they always open the egg cartons. Truly, since I know my vendor well, I wouldn't open the eggs at this point. The main reason I like it now when they open the egg cartons is so I can see if I have some "Easter Eggs" (different colored eggs - such as the light blue ones) in my carton. I feel like a little kid when I get some of the special eggs!

Must run - need to turn and burn today!

P.S. to Beth - Why do I feel like this is likely a psychological profiling test, LOL!!!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 09:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Happy Friday! My yesterday featured:

~ LWR Walk Fit Challenge W4D1
~ Yoga Booty Ballet Cardio Cabaret
~ 8,180 steps

I haven't done Cardio Cabaret in gosh - 10 years? It was so much fun! I've got to break down and research the VF threads on how to back up your DVDs. My YBBs are too precious to lose, despite my rarely reaching for them. I looked at the Swerve Studio website and they closed permanently. They kept up studio classes all this time, switched to virtual classes during lockdown (poop, missed it) and gave up in August. I wonder what Teigh and Gillian are up to now?

Cyana, what a letdown that the hiring attempt failed. I wonder how much was your company's fault and how much was The Great Hiring Malaise. I posted a job in my office and only eight responded. I offered interviews to five of them and only two responded they want to come in to interview. I sure wish you could get some relief.

Beth, thanks for the additional vagus link!

Have to run, but I'm thinking of you all and wish you a healthy and happy day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 12:22 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I promise, I won't profile you based on the eggs (if I wanted to do that, I would ask whether or not you return your cart in the parking lot, haha). I heard a story on the radio about people discovering eggs missing when they get home, and it was weird to me that they didn't check in the store. I feel for you about your staffing issues! Hoping things work out - I know I'm excited to have our new director starting in less than 3 weeks now.

Pat, sometimes I Google old instructors to do the where are they now thing.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 12:33 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I went for a neighborhood walk with my 3 year old grandson this morning. It's supposed to be 94 degrees today so I'm glad we went before it got too hot. This is a brief heat wave since tomorrow it will be 73 degrees.

Cyana, I'm so glad you'll have another week off work! You need the rest. I hope your company hires another person asap!

Beth, I don't buy eggs anymore but when I used to buy eggs, I always opened the carton to make sure none of the eggs were cracked/leaky. Never saw a missing egg though.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-22, 10:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterdays activities:
~joint stretches & Yamuna’s hip flexor & adductor acupressure release - I follow Yamuna on FB and she posted two short videos of these two release techniques she uses in her hip replacement rehab. I found them helpful so I shared them on my FB page. She uses one of her balls, I used a 4” nerf soccer ball from the dollar store and it worked well.
~My friend’s Essentrics class
~Strength circuit day 2
~Short stretch at bedtime

Todays workouts:
~joint stretches & Yamuna’s hip flexor & adductor acupressure release
~Strength circuit day 1 - at my kinesiology appt. She made some changes in my routine, in other words it’s harder, lol. Progress!
~Neck & upper back acupressure, hip, quad, QL focused stretches & supported yin poses

Cyana - I hope nothing derails your week off!

Pat - I haven’t done YBB in ages. They are such feel good workouts! BellyFit has become my go to when I need a lift.

Margot & Sandra - I hope Jessica’s set comes out soon! I have a GC that I’m waiting to spend. I doubt I’ll buy the whole set, likely one or two downloads.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 07:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning friends! I had a Fatigue Friday and kept it low key:

~ LWR Walk Fit Challenge W4D2
~ My grandniece's quick, centering neck yoga
~ Kassandra 30 minute bedtime yin
~ 4,802 steps

I took off from my regular Saturday morning routine and am finishing up a pot of chai and a silly old TCM movie. Then some leisurely chores catching up.

Pam - sorta/kinda good news about your kinesiology work getting you stronger - good that you're improving so much but darn it on how they keep you challenged. I'll look for your Yamuna share.

Paine, I saw on the news last night you're coming out of a heat wave already! Oh my goodness what does July have in store.

Good morning to Beth and all the mavens.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 11:53 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Home Improvement (Hamstrings; Outer Thigh, Inner thigh)
Winsor Pilates The Back Workout

Yeow! Margaret's Lower body Home Improvement was challenging. Next time I'll try it without ankle weights.

Pat, yes thank goodness our heat wave is over. I'm hoping that we will have a mild summer. Last summer was one of the nicest summers we ever had because the temperatures were so mild and comfortable.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 09:30 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout yesterday as it was my weekly rest day.

Today's Workout: Sandra's version of the Knee routine from Total Body Solution (including a set of Doorknob Squats), followed by Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set. For the latter I pretty much followed Debbie, so it was really an upper body workout.

Margot: Overall I think the knees are doing better (thanks for asking!). I had a minor re-tweak of my right knee yesterday evening but was able to calm it down pretty quickly.

Paine: I haven't used ankle weights for lower body floor work in quite some time. I am still pretty challenged! If/when I try them again I'll use my set with the extra-long straps so I can wear them above the knee.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, vagus nerve