Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-22, 08:42 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I was all set to do my WS1 workout last night when my DVD player stopped working. So I ended up doing a random youtube workout. I have another DVD player so I dragged that one out today and did interval mix. Yesterday was my usual day to go to the office, but my boss asked me to go in on tomorrow instead, which is actually better because the office is essentially empty on Fridays.

I also scheduled the second booster shot for next week. I wasn't going to do it, but I have to attend a meeting for work at the end of the month with 100 people from all over the world--and masks are not mandatory and from what I've been hearing from others at work who have attended similar meetings, no one wears them. So I feel like I should be as protected as I can be. I will wear a mask regardless, but I'll just feel better if I have that extra protection from the booster.

Donna, Just from what I've seen with my relatives who are your DD's age, it's been tough for them to meet others because they had two years with very little socialization. My younger nephew started college in 2020 and his first two years have not been great. He hasn't been able to make many friends because social events have either been cancelled or scaled back. He's in a frat, but they haven't been able to do much either, so he just goes to classes (the few that are in person) and goes back to his apartment. He still hangs out with his HS friends, so I'm hoping his last 2 years will be better than the first 2 at college and he'll meet some new people. When your DD transfers after she finishes at the CC, she'll make new friends and maybe the BF won't be the center of her universe.

Sherry, It's great that your DH got a good paying job! I can understand why you want to get out of the house. I'd definitely check into B&N.

Pam, As always, your iFIT workouts sound like a lot of fun!

Liz, All is well here. I lost 10 lbs during COVID and a lot of it was due to portion control. I still eat whatever I want, just less of it. That plus exercise has been working well.
Old 04-07-22, 09:20 AM  
donnamp

Thanks wishiwasinhawaii! I have been on the fence about the booster. I'm over 50, but no health issues...I do work at home and have limited contact w/ the outside world - although my DH and DD do go to school and work.

I know at some point I will get it.

My DD has always struggled to make friends - and it got exponentially worse in High School. Honestly she was perfectly fine until 2017/2018. She is an introvert and doesn't need a large group of friends but HS was awful for her w/ not fitting in and not having any friends at her school - her three friends all went to other schools. In many ways the pandemic was a blessing b/c she spent about half of her HS time OUT of that environment. HS definitely messed her up and I think in some areas she is doing better now that she is out of HS. I just hope that when she transfers she'll get the opportunity to make some new connections and while I don't necessarily dislike the BF, or her relationship with him, I'd like it if they had a less co-dependent relationship.

UGh!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 10:16 AM  
Leonana

Well, the extraction site has become more painful. But not as painful as last Saturday, so that's a relief. I knew it would take a long time to heal, the nerves were so irritated. And perhaps the TMJ doctor was right to some extent, that it would take a month. Although her advice to exercise was horrible!

I'm pretty sure it's because of my teeth grinding. I use a mouth guard but it still irritates the nerves. I had placed the mouth guard on the front teeth, but my tongue moved it during the night right over the extraction! But if it put it on the other side, those teeth become very sore and I'm afraid I'll crack another crown. I'm hopeful the professional guard will help, as it will distribute the grinding force evenly on the teeth. I get it next Wednesday.

I don't think I'll be posting about my tooth anymore, as it's just depressing, and it's going to take a lot of time to heal. But I'll let you know if it gets better.

Donna, it's the opposite with dh and I. I get more emotional and blurt things out, while dh is very calm. Things became better for us once dd moved out. She's happier on her own, and it's been less stressful for us. I think it will get better once she transfer to the university. You just have to hang in there! Hugs.
Old 04-07-22, 10:48 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Sherry! I sure hope you feel better with your teeth...

I do think it will be better when my DD transfers - she needs to spread her wings so to speak and even though I'm anxious about her doing that and the potential to fall into unhealthy relationships/behaviors/ideologies, etc. I feel it is still what she needs to do and I think I will also have less anxiety if it is not in front of me daily. And I have to remember that I'm sure I did things that my parents would not have like/approved of, etc. when I was her age - the difference is that I wasn't living at home for them to see it.

I hope that she takes the advice I gave to put some distance into her relationship - and to branch out w/ some other groups/interests. She has sort of let her horseback riding fall by the wayside, and I would like to see her get involved with that again. She still rides, but not as often.

I just hope that her BF is not being manipulative. I haven't really seen any signs of it - but on Monday night when she was worried about him he wasn't answering her texts/calls and I am sort of wondering if he did it on purpose to make her worry - I mean, I hope not but I can't help but worry that it was some sort of way to get her attention or otherwise manipulate her. That is where she needs to have boundaries and I feel that if she had a wider circle of friends/supports it would be easier to put those boundaries in place and maintain them.

The whole incident on Monday also opened up my eyes to some of her behavior - which I chalked up to teen-age moodiness, but now I see it more as her anxiety and worry over him is making her moody and anxious. Which is not good.

Oh well - what is a parent to do in these situation except try to provide gentle guidance whenever possible and try to manage their own anxiety about the situation.

Donna
Old 04-07-22, 02:55 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today's hikes on the TM were in Grand Canyon, Zion National park, and Mt. Fuji. I should be feeling it tomorrow. ;-)

Sherry, sorry you've been in so much mouth pain! You're right though, it will just take some time to heal and is probably more irritated with the mouth guard, too! Oh no....I'm going to be fitted with a mouth guard that's going to push my lower jaw forward, and open up the airways when I sleep. It's probably not anything anyone gets used to....having something foreign in your mouth at night. Hey, post whenever you like. I'm sure everyone gets tired of my "didn't sleep well last night" yada yada. But, if I'm feeling sleepy it's affecting my workouts, like your pain is affecting yours.

Donna, I don't remember being a "moody teenager", lol. But, I may have had some of the same issues as the BF being in such a dis-functional family. It affected me by not being able to bring friends home, even if I had any! And, I couldn't participate in any after school activities, unless I walked home.

Have a good day everyone!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 06:20 PM  
donnamp

Pam it is so sad to hear of rough childhoods - it is definitely something you probably fight with to some extent your whole life as it affects your relationships, your self-esteem, etc. I'm glad that my DD's BF is getting therapy, I think that is a step in the right direction.
Old 04-08-22, 09:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm really not supposed to work two shifts but it happens b/c we are so busy right now, we are understaffed and our systems are ancient. UGh!

This morning, I did:

Jessica Smith - Poise & Grace - It has been a long time since I did this one - light weights....

Last night I did a CS - 1416 (??)) It was all standing.

I'm glad it is the weekend!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-08-22, 02:54 PM  
Leonana

I did a short walk this morning. I think I will keep it up, it's something I can manage right now.

My injection site was horribly painful yesterday, most likely because my mouth guard moved during the night and I was grinding my teeth on it. I used a different one last night and have much less pain today. I had it checked by the dentist today, and it's healing well. She said my teeth grinding is affecting the healing. The mouth guard I get on Wednesday should help a lot, since it covers the whole arch of the mouth and distributes the force evenly. She also said that it's a good sign that it feels better today. Also, some people take two weeks to heal. She recommended botox for my jaws for the clenching and grinding. I have a call in to see how much that costs. I doubt it's something I could do regularly, but maybe once might help right now. She flushed the site with solution, and that made it feel even better. I wish this dentist was on my dental discount plan, I really liked her. She had different information than the TMJ doctor, saying there isn’t much you can do to stop bruxism, but a proper mouth guard and Botox help. I felt a lot more relaxed with her advice. It’s kind of hard to eliminate all stress from your life!

Pam, I hope the mouth guard helps your sleeping. It's hard at first, but you do get used to them eventually.

Donna, I hope your dd is feeling better, and things are going better for her boyfriend.
Old 04-08-22, 05:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

On the TM today I did a hike in Ecuador and Switzerland with a recovery walk in a Wales forest with beautiful waterfall at the end. Very peaceful.

We're having company over tomorrow for board games and we'll be out in the morning for a stone carving (gravestones) demonstration.

Today was a beautiful day, but didn't get outside to enjoy it. Hopefully soon!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-22, 07:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Didn't sleep well last night -but I think this time it wasn't worry - but just me...LOL!

Anyway, this morning's workout was:

Jessica - Barefoot Cardio Core (WS 3.0)
Yoga w/ Kassandra - 14 Min Wake Up Yoga

Sherry - I hope you are feeling better!

Pam - enjoy your guests. I am not getting outside as much as I should...I need to make a point of taking a break during the day to go outside.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
tablet