Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-22, 02:55 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop
For my superfine hair, I always walk a line between under conditioning and oil slick, so it's been very nice to find a range that works well for me.
Anna, that's exactly it, LOL!

People compliment me on my skin too; I'm always surprised, as I don't think it's anything special. I use various things (all inexpensive), but one that I've used for years that seems to work well is an AHA from the Alpha line:
https://smile.amazon.com/Alpha-Skin-...dp/B01D2M4G0C/

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 02:59 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm growing out my (still pink) hair. Believe it or not, the spouse used to cut my hair, even when I had a pixie style. He did a good job. He just watched a few YouTube videos and we bought some good scissors, etc.

I had tried most of the salons in my old town and was really disappointed. Like, we're talking bald spots!

My hair is super fine and somewhat thin. Some of the strands are as fine as a spiderweb and just float around. At least I can put it in a pony tail. I like how Diane Keaton wears her straight hair.

Now that I'm on my own in a new town, I'll have to find some place for trims.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 03:09 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
LOL - I haven't bought my new hairspray yet since my old one is still hanging in there (I don't use a lot of it).

I have a question about gray hair - I probably asked some version of this last year, but I'm gradually getting more gray, haha. I am probably at about 10% now. As is the case for most people, the gray hairs are coarse and dry; they need extra conditioning. However, my scalp is still oily (I must wash my hair daily) and my original hair is thin and fine, so I can't over-condition it.

So how do you deal with this in-between stage? What's the best way to deal with two different types of hair on your head?
Mine is half and half gray and brown. I struggled with the wavy coarse grays at first. I think what helped was washing my hair every other day. My hair gets dry from shampooing. Although, I wash my bangs every day, they get oily from my forehead.

But I no longer have oily hair. It used to be really oily when I was younger, but started getting dryer in my 50’s.
Old 03-20-22, 03:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, my hair is getting drier b/c of the grays, but it still just hangs there when I don't wash it! That's why I'm going to try concentrating my washing along the hairline (like you do with your bangs) and see how that goes.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 07:09 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I'm growing out my (still pink) hair. Believe it or not, the spouse used to cut my hair, even when I had a pixie style. He did a good job. He just watched a few YouTube videos and we bought some good scissors, etc.
My husband also cuts my hair! I have long wavy hair so it's kind of pointless to pay so much to get it cut. He cuts and shapes the back and I do the face framing and bangs. I use box color and then he does the pull-throughs in my hair frosting cap. He used to it for his sisters and mom when he was younger, so he knows what he's doing! I use clippers and cut his hair for him.

I think we've been doing it since 2015, so we've saved thousands of dollars by avoiding salons!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 07:22 PM  
Erica H.

I've had one haircut since 2011. My hair just doesn't grow. I need a trim now because it's all lopsided. I kept getting my hair elastics stuck in my hair before I discovered a product that doesn't do that and I was ripping out chunks of hair to get the darn elastic out. DH could probably do it but it would be nice to get a real cut/style for a change. My dd has a stylist who isn't expensive at all and he does a great job so I could go to him. Maybe I'd have to have DH straighten up the ends a bit first because I'd be embarrassed with how uneven it is now!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 09:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I have super dry hair too. After much trial and error, what's helping me is:

Wash only on second or third days.

If my hair doesn't seem icky by day three, I condition wash it.

I always use a leave-in conditioner from two inches away from the roots to the ends. Then I add a styling cream from the root to the ends. I've been having luck with Phyto 7 as the leave-in. It's light, not oily and helps the cuticle lay flatter. It doesn't get greasy and you only need a pea sized portion.

I'm going to get a keratin express treatment in a couple of weeks and can't wait to see the results.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 04:29 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Thanks! I found some hyaluronic serum and will add it to my regime for sure. And yeah, this may all be because of perimenopause.
summerbreeze, I have to thank you for this suggestion; I started using hyaluronic serum (actually trying out a couple of different ones) and begin more serious about my skincare regime overall. I now notice a MARKED difference after a really short period of time! This stuff is pretty miraculous!
Old 04-03-22, 08:45 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
summerbreeze, I have to thank you for this suggestion; I started using hyaluronic serum (actually trying out a couple of different ones) and begin more serious about my skincare regime overall. I now notice a MARKED difference after a really short period of time! This stuff is pretty miraculous!
kat, so glad to hear it! My sister swears by it too. Just out of curiosity, what brands have you been liking?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-22, 12:25 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
kat, so glad to hear it! My sister swears by it too. Just out of curiosity, what brands have you been liking?
My definite favorite one is Olay's, but I'm also using it cosmetics' CC+ cream/serum, which also has hyaluronic acid.

Tags
2022 beauty, beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2022, electric razor, off topic, off-topic