Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-22, 03:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

For lengthy car rides, I also use a foam cushion behind my lower back and it has helped whenever I travel. Something about 2-3 inches thick would work, I think.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 10:20 AM  
kat999

Thanks, Lori and Pam!

And thanks everyone else for the great advice yesterday! I do feel better today. Got lots of rest, alternated heat and ice, did gentle stretches, and then got really good sleep. I have a lot of freedom of movement back today, but the dull ache is still there, so I'm hoping that continuing this set of protocols over the weekend helps me feel better by Monday.
Old 03-18-22, 10:44 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Thanks, Lori and Pam!

And thanks everyone else for the great advice yesterday! I do feel better today. Got lots of rest, alternated heat and ice, did gentle stretches, and then got really good sleep. I have a lot of freedom of movement back today, but the dull ache is still there, so I'm hoping that continuing this set of protocols over the weekend helps me feel better by Monday.
Also, check your shoes. I brought a pair of Skechers GO Walk 5 Lucky sneakers with me on this trip, and every time I have worn them, I had low back pain the next day. It's unfortunate because I love how they feel, and I love walking in them. I don't know if it's these shoes over cobblestone, these shoes, or this particular pair of shoes that's causing the problem.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 09:28 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Also, check your shoes. I brought a pair of Skechers GO Walk 5 Lucky sneakers with me on this trip, and every time I have worn them, I had low back pain the next day. It's unfortunate because I love how they feel, and I love walking in them. I don't know if it's these shoes over cobblestone, these shoes, or this particular pair of shoes that's causing the problem.
You know, I had worn my favorite pair of Chucks the day before this happened, and I don't usually wear those to work because they have no insole. I also suddenly remembered I had lifted an 18-lb. bag of cat food a few days before this happened. Everything's becoming clearer now!

Tags
back pain