Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-22, 04:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did an Upper Body Strength workout with Olympian speed skater Joey Mantia and also did his Lower Body on Thursday. He's really good, but today's was exceptional. Maybe I prefer working UB to LB, because there were a number of lunges (forward, back and side) in yesterday's that I was not a fan of.

I'm also really enjoying getting to know Dan Cnossan's story in his Elliptical workouts and have liked using weights with the workouts while walking on TM. So far in the Olympian Winter series, the Elliptical workouts are easier than TM, because most of TM is running/jogging (which I'm just not ready for) so have to constantly adjust speed with the majority of these. Finished up my last TM workout with Erin Jackson yesterday, so moving on to someone else next.

Yesterday, I tried to mimic rowing moves on my Total Gym for the rower challenge, but not able to do anything in sych with the rowers really. Oh well, that's okay. Maybe I can still listen to some of the trainers to get to know their stories...like a TED Talk, when I have some time. And, the same for the bike challenges, too. Not that I have that kind of extra time, lol.

Looking forward to more from Jessica, too! But, not in March if I want to try to get Sapphire, Silver and Bronze medals for this Olympian iFIT challenge...which ends on the 31st. I really have to start planning which days I'll do what before months end, ha!

Have a good weekend all!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-22, 04:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Oh yeah...I completed 100 workouts with iFIT, so far! When you reach that number, everyone who does will earn a FREE iFIT t-shirt. When you get to 500 workouts, you get a sweatshirt. That's pretty cool and gives you something to work towards.

April Focus:
Old 03-12-22, 10:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We are having crazy weather here - yesterday I was out walking my dog w/ no coat and today it is actually snowing here and sticking to the road. DD and I were supposed to volunteer this morning at the animal shelter, but we cancelled b/c of the weather.

Workout-wise for today was:

Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion # 2 - I enjoy this one!!

I may get something else in later, time will tell.

Since the weather is crummy I think I'm going to try to clear my backlog at work and then get on trend w/ a better work-life balance come Monday. I work late too often and it has to stop. So, I decided this weekend, I'll clean the backlog that I can and then after Monday, the chips will fall wherever they may.

Pam - that is great inspiration! I want to do the Essentrics March Madness Challenge - so I can wait for Jessica's stuff to come in April or May, LOL!

Sherry - I hope you are feeling better.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-22, 03:51 PM  
Leonana

Feeling better today, still a bit tired and weak. I guess this is surgery and the body takes time to heal, especially in your 60’s! I’m able to chew a bit more. Can’t wait until the crowns are adjusted so I can chew better!

I have been a bit bummed that some of this work might have been unnecessary, causing me three weeks of pain and huge costs. But I’m trying to be forgiving of myself for decisions made, I did the best I could, and constant pain doesn’t lend well to decision making. Also, while the professionals did the best they could, I think some of their instructions made my situation worse. I guess healthcare is guesswork sometimes. But there are positives too, so I’m focusing on that. I did find a better dentist and endo, and gained more experience and knowledge about my teeth. I think in the long run I’ll need that as I get older.

My anxiety has been higher with all of this, too many changes in my routine and body. I think the steroids increased my anxiety, it’s a possible side effect. Also, not exercising has had a big effect too. Yesterday I walked to the mailbox and it improved my mood immensely, even though it was a short walk. Today I pulled weeds for about 45 minutes in the front yard. I was breathing harder at the end!

Donna, I hope the weather clears up soon. We are slowly warming up, high of 78 today. Good luck with clearing your backlog. It is surprising how painful a tooth can be due to a different reason.

wishiwasinhawaii, I’m not sure if I want dvds or digital either. Digital is more convenient, but I like having a hard copy too. I hope the stretches help your knee.

Pam, congratulations on 100 workouts. That’s amazing!
Old 03-12-22, 08:06 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I did one of my random workouts and my PT exercises.

Donna, The weather here was crazy too. It started as rain, turned to sleet, then turned to snow and it snowed for quite a few hours. Since it was 60 yesterday, the ground was too warm for it to accumulate much, thank goodness. I can't believe how cold it is after being so nice yesterday. It's only 24 degrees right now and the wind is howling! I sometimes work on weekends just to catch up or to lighten my load during the week, but I don't like to do it too often because then I'm afraid I'll never get a break. But it does help to clear out backlogs now and then, especially if I'm having a weekend where I'm not doing much anyway.

Sherry, It's true that the silver lining of your dental issues is that you found a good dentist and endodontist! How long do you have to take the steroids?

Pam, Congrats! It's cool you get a t-shirt. iFIT sounds like a lot of fun!

Waves to Liz!
Old 03-13-22, 10:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Bright and sunny today - and a warm week ahead. I think that was the last gasp of winter for us.

Today was:

Ellen - Super Duper Sculpt - this was he new workout for March and it was a good one. I like most of her workouts on her streaming site, but there are some that are better than others - and this one was one that I would put in the "better" category. The only segment I didn't love was the last part when we got down to the floor for planks/side planks, but i took my time and went at my own pace and it was ok.

May get out to walk my Golden today!.

Sherry - ((HUGS)) yes, live and learn. I do think healthcare is not an exact science - I mean I guess that is why each practitioner has his/her own opinion on how to treat something. It makes sense, we're all different and what works for one person doesn't always work for another.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm going to finish clearing my backlog today - I don't have much going on this weekend. Good luck on your job interview. I'm still keeping my eye out for other opportunities, too. Just not lovin' the job right now and while I know the end (retirement) is in sight I also don't want to be unhappy at work for the rest of the time I have. I'd settle on content! Although WFH is a big bonus and that would be hard to turn away from.

Waves, everyone.

Donna
Old 03-14-22, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Ugh - overslept this morning b/c of the time change.

I just had time for a quick 10 min - so I did Robin Long's 10 Min Morning Pilates. She started a 5 day challenge this week - I'm not sure how much of it I will actually do, since I'm familiar with her work, but this fit the bill this morning since it was short.

I think I will do a LWR workout at lunch and then an outdoor walk after work.

I'm going to jump into the Essentrics March Madness challenge tomorrow. Curious to see what results I get from four one-hour workouts a week!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 03-14-22, 09:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I took Saturday off (because I just needed a rest) but was back at it again on Sunday.

Sunday I did two treadmill workouts with Olympic Skier Billy Demong, one for speed intervals and another for endurance. I also completed my last lower body workout with Joey Mantia, and moving on to someone else next. I will miss Joey and his workouts were some of the best!

Monday, I realized I hadn't completed all the workouts with Tara Lipinski for the Elliptical workouts, so did the last two with her. She has some wonderful stories regarding her career and began at such a young age at 14. She did mention needing surgery on her hip after competing for medals at the Olympics, but while she was involved in Stars on Ice. She later became a figure skater commentator with Johnny Weir and enjoyed that, too! I also finished my last session with Dan Cnossan who I really liked, too! Next up is only four more with Nancy Kerrigan on the Elliptical and I'll have finished all 16 for that piece of equipment.

Have a good start to your week everyone!

April Focus:
Old 03-15-22, 03:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Kallie Humphries (Olympic Winter Bobsledder) Upper Body workout today. So far, it's been the toughest with all the plank holds, pushups, rows, mountain climbers, etc. but she was a good trainer. I also added Nancy Kerrigan's workout in Lake Placid, NY at mirror lake. Beautiful scenery while on the TM today.

Have a good day everyone!

April Focus:
Old 03-15-22, 03:33 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was one of those days, from the moment I got up - non-stop.

My Lab had an accident, and to add insult to injury she slipped and fell in it. I fear that her days are numbered. She is having No 2 accidents as well as No 1 accidents. She knows to go out - she just can't get there in time. I guess the fate of all of us, right? Anyway, I don't think she is ready to go yet, she still eats and occasionally seems to be enjoying life.

Then work was a nightmare from the moment I logged on.

But, before logging on I did:

Essentrics Live - from 3/14 - w/ Gail. This is part of the March Madness Series - it was an hour long class with standing, floor and barre. I'm curious to see how my body responds to these longer sessions.

I can tell today that I went into the workout w/ pain and stiffness in my hip and low back and came out feeling better. I find if I miss too many days of my CS/Essentrics I start having those aches and pains again.

I also managed an outdoor walk w/ my Golden.

Yesterday I snuck in a 15 min Low Impact HIIT from a new to me instructor - her website is:

https://behealthyenough.com/

She makes workouts for the "over 50" crowd - she has a You Tube channel that I stumbled upon and I signed up for her 7 day beginner challenge.

Yesterday's HIIT was nothing remarkable, but it wasn't bad either. She has a nice presence. I would definitely look into more of her workouts.

Today's is a 10 min posture re-set which I will do after work today.

Pam - you are doing a great job!

Sherry - I hope you are feeling ok.

wishiwasinhawaii - did you have an interview today?

Waves!

Donna

Tags
tablet