Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-22, 10:06 AM  
Leonana

Well, the crown became painful again. I went to the endo and he adjusted it. He thought the pain might be from the crown being too high. I think he was right, the tooth felt better afterwards. He also said the pain might be from the small crown next to it. He tested it, and I didn't have soreness or sensitivity, so he said wait and see. He prescribed steroids to see if it would calm the nerve down. But now I can feel the pain in the small crown next to it. I'll have to get another appointment today.

I've given up and just accepted that this is going to be an ongoing thing for awhile, at least for the bottom molars. Maybe all my molars! I grind my teeth, probably been doing it all my life. My nerves are starting to go. I always thought that the main issue was the old fillings, and it was in the past. But it's different now. My crowns are fine, but the nerves are going bad. I think I'm ready for dentures lol.
Old 03-04-22, 10:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday I got out and walked my Golden and I also did Ellen's new core workout from her streaming site. It is a pleasant 15 min routine. I just need my Ellen fix from time to time.

Today was:

Jessica Smith - 3 Mile Flat Abs Power Walk - a nice steady state cardio.

Not sure what adds I may get to today - I have lots of meetings, unfortunately!

Oh my goodness, Sherry! As much as I don't like steroids, maybe they will help as your nerves may just need a complete re-set after everything that has happened!

Pam - those sound like such interesting workouts!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 04:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did a three walks today. A tempo/speed interval walk with Erin Jackson in Utah. Another tempo/speed walk with Tara Lipinski while she skates around her hometown ice rink. And, for a different walk in the Serengeti meeting two different tribes and learning about their customs and ways.

Sherry, you poor thing with all that you've been through with your teeth, and the pain you've suffered not knowing if the corrections are going to be right. I hope you get some relief from all of this soon. This seems like it's been going on for at least a month, right?!

Donna, good job on getting outside for walks and for keeping things real with Jessica. It will be nice to see what she has planned next for us!

Waves to all!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 08:23 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Spent most of the day in meetings talking about going back to the office. What a waste of time! I didn't get much sleep last night due to a bad dream I had about returning to the office. Ugh! So I didn't do any workouts today, but I did walk around the house a bit just to keep moving.

Donna, It's good you've been getting outside. It's been cold here the past couple of days so I haven't been out. I've been too busy with work anyway. I really want to start PT now while things are settling down with COVID because I'm afraid once things start opening up and the masks come off, there will be a spike again.

Sherry, Wow, you're really having a rough time! I hope the steroids help and you won't have to be on them too long. Seems like you just need to calm the irritation down.

Pam, Wow, that's really cool you did the Tara Lipinski walk/skate! I didn't know she was still skating at all because I had heard she's had a lot of hip problems.

Waves to Liz!
Old 03-05-22, 11:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today's iFIT Strength workouts (Upper and Lower Body) were with Olympic Athlete Joey Mantia. They were both very good and more advanced than the previous four workouts I'd done. I liked him a lot. The Elliptical workout was with another Paralympian skier Dan Cnossin who was also great. Then, I did a cooldown walk in Mexico.

I was tired after today, so may take a rest day Sunday. Or, getting a decent nights rest might help, too!

Night all.

April Focus:
Old 03-06-22, 10:39 AM  
Leonana

Made a long and boring post about my teeth, but decided to delete. I think I need three root canals at this point. Anyway, hope to get the most painful one done tomorrow. Fortunately, steroids help with the pain, so it’s not too bad. Asking for thoughts and prayers that I get my mouth fixed soon. Thanks!
Old 03-06-22, 06:29 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The weekend flew by as usual, just catching up here:

Saturday:

Essentrics Live with Gail

Jessica Smith - WS 3.0 - 15 min Streamline Sculpt (I was also supposed to do Add on Abs - but i did not!)

Outdoor walk w/ Doggie

Sunday:

Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga & Pilates - I did the whole thing - so the 30 min standing and the 30 min floorwork

I did housework, cleaning, cooking, etc. the rest of the day.

Ugh - not ready for Monday tomorrow.

But, it is the last day of Four Weeks of Fusion - a kickboxin workout is scheduled, I think I will do one from Lauren's Senior Shape though, instead of one w/ Jessica.

Sherry - ugh! Well, I hope after all the root canals are done with you feel better. You have certainly been through a lot these past few months.

wishiwasinhawaii - ((HUGS)) on the office, I am dreading going in this Tuesday. I was hoping that maybe the trucker protest that is happening around here would result in us being told to stay home - I doubt it, but one can hope, right? I just hope we don't go in more than this. I got rid of a ton of pants today - that either didn't fit (I gained weight these past 2 years) or were so out of style. it felt good to clear the closet. I'm not rushing out to buy new stuff in the hopes I don't have to go in to the office that often .

Pam - Great job w/ your workouts. My dog was ill last night so I didn't sleep well either. She is not doing well at all, she is 13-14 years old, so to be expected....

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
Old 03-07-22, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Ugh - I'm feeling really tired and run down. I would be worried about COVID - but I am the person in the house who goes out the least so I doubt it is that. I am thinking it is either lack of sleep and/or allergies. I don't get a lot of the traditional allergy symptoms but this time of year I do feel blah and I have more anxiety (which will just get worse when we play with the clocks next week that time change just revs me up in a not so good way).

Anyway, I went with the "spirit" of the workout that was scheduled for today - which was a kickboxing workout. I was not up for Jessica's. And then I thought even Senior Shape would be too much for me - I tried to hunt up Leslie's Walk and Kick - but couldn't find it - so either I never had it or I got rid of it or I just missed it - anyway, I pulled out her "Punch Up Your Walk" DVD which was from the Target kits that were all the range a few years ago. She put out several of them that included a DVD and a piece of equipment - the Punch Up Your Walk DVD included weighted gloves. It was a 4 mile walk and I didn't have the time or energy for it - so I just did the first 2 miles and then I added on the lower body toning bonus and did some stretching.

I think I may do a Walk at Home rotation for a few weeks. Steady state cardio is very calming to me and I think that is what I need.

Anyway - sorry to ramble on!

The weather today is going to be crazy - almost 80 with t-storms! And we have the trucker protest going on around here - glad I don't have to drive in to work - although we are going in tomorrow for our team meeting. Hopefully by then it will be over.

I hope everyone has a good day - I want to go back to bed!

I may try some allergy medicine to see if it helps.

Take care!

Donna
Old 03-07-22, 04:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Oh Sherry, that is such a bummer and I will certainly be thinking and praying for you!

It's been a low energy day for me, so I got an Upper Body workout in with Olympian Joey Mantia again today. I had been combining both upper and lower but wasn't feeling like doing more...work. He's a young athlete (35 years old) and was talking about his red, short shorts riding up. He's funny because as an Olympian Speed Skater he talks about his legs a lot, so likes to show them off! Cute kiddo.

I also did a light treadmill walk in the Dominican Republic with Phil Catudal, and then I was done for today.

Yeah, I said I was going to take a rest day yesterday but it didn't happen. I did a fabulous hike in Patagonia, Argentina with Tommy Rivs. I also did a cultural walk with him in Morocco, which had some steep climbs. Here's someone else's photo of the kind of view I had of Mt. Fitz Roy. https://serenaslenses.net/patagonia-...ten-argentina/

I've done almost a hundred hikes/walks on my treadmill since getting it about six weeks ago. Over-training much?!?

Have a good start to your week everyone.

April Focus:
Old 03-08-22, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Well, yesterday was just a weird day. I felt really off all day - almost, but not quite sick, actually sort of the way I felt after the COVID vax, but less intense - more like the 2nd day after which was more achey and tired. It was weird. I ended up taking the afternoon off and basically just laid around, napped on and off, etc. Today I feel almost normal I wonder what that was all about?

I probably need to start taking my allergy meds - I don't get many of the upper respiratory symptoms but i do get very run down. And, ugh, the worst of the worst will be the time change on Sunday that spikes my anxiety and insomnia.

Anyway, on to a more positive note -

I did Ellen's 4 Elements Flow today - I enjoyed it!

I may skip an outdoor walk today b/c it is windy and in case my allergies are causing all these symptoms it is probably best to stay inside. I may pop in a Leslie mile though.

I think I also need to work on my work/life balance. I need to stop doing a 2nd shift in the evenings. It probably is contributing to this run down and burned out feeling.

Pam - wow, good going on the use of your new TM!! I had to laugh bc your "low energy" day sounded pretty high energy to me.

Sherry - how are you?

My boss cancelled our need to come in today for our meeting - so yay. I'm just so not into going in to the office.

Waves, everyone -

Donna

Tags
tablet