Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-22, 02:04 PM  
Mickey12

Yeah Linda!!!! Your story has helped me along the way to getting a stronger core. When I'm doing all those ab exercises that I used to hate, I am always thinking of you, my sweet friend.
Old 01-13-22, 02:05 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
I had such a smile on my face while I read this post, Linda.
I feel great FOR you! Isn't it fantastic when you can do things for yourself, BY yourself? It must be especially rewarding for you having overcome your injuries.

How do you Watulans celebrate? With the cow bell? Ga-donk, ga-donk. (Well, that's me ringing it for you. How the heck do you type out cow bell sounds??)
Liz I think you've got the cowbell sound down perfectly. It's usually Linda who is clanging it for someone else. It's about time she got some cowbell for her accomplishments!!!
Old 01-13-22, 02:06 PM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

This story, as well as AnMrsDe's story, is exactly the type of thing I love to hear about. I exercise so I can function, be independent and, I hope, enjoy life as I age. Anymore, my workouts have nothing to do with how I look. They're all about living as well as I can for long as I can. Great job, fellow warriors!

Donna
Old 01-13-22, 02:36 PM  
Nelly G

Wow what a great progess Linda
What a good job.

Keep swinging the kettlebell and using weights.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 03:29 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The title of this thread killed me. Congratulations but please be careful! (says my inner worried Mom)
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 04:27 PM  
ChelePA

So inspirational!!!! Loved this story!!! You deserved the cowbell for that accomplishment.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 06:18 PM  
wendug

When I saw the title of this post, I wondered what it could possibly be about! So glad you're getting strong and lifting that kitty litter by yourself! Way to go, Linda!

I went to Menards earlier this week and bought a 50 pound bag of salt and lifted it into the cart with no issues. Stay strong everyone!
Old 01-13-22, 07:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Linda, you are so strong! What wonderful progress!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 08:09 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
That's so fantastic, AnMrsDe!

I hope you continue to see progress with your hands, too!
Thank you! I didn’t mean to “steal your thunder”, but your post had reminded me it has been a LONG year since my hands would allow me to lift this heavy again. I used to be able to lift heavy objects like that for years but almost a year ago my arthritis got so bad I had to have help. So joints can get stronger too, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wow, what a great post! Thank you for sharing! You too, AnMrsDe

Erica
Thank you, Erica! I’ve been thinking of you and hope you’re feeling better these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
This story, as well as AnMrsDe's story, is exactly the type of thing I love to hear about. I exercise so I can function, be independent and, I hope, enjoy life as I age. Anymore, my workouts have nothing to do with how I look. They're all about living as well as I can for long as I can. Great job, fellow warriors!

Donna
Thank you, Sollamyn! I, too, love my workouts to make me a better person in whatever form(s) that may be!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 08:49 PM  
Floren

Wow, Fanofladyvols, thanks for such a great post. I'm sorry about your back injury, but way to turn it around !

You are back and better than ever. Hope you are so proud of all you've done!
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back injury, kettlebell, kettlebells, rehab your body, results, strength building