Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-21, 07:40 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
OMG How did you find this!!!??? I had all of these workouts and loved Stacey Benson. Unfortunately my VHS tapes all got ruined. Thank you!
When Karla25 mentioned a retro themed workout weekend a few weeks ago, I started searching on YT for oldie workouts I used to do way back (before DVDs). I was so excited when I saw all 3 of the Nautilus aerobic workouts on YT. There are other VHS workouts that I enjoyed, but I can't remember the titles.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 10:32 PM  
Venus

Today I did Donna Richardson's Donna-Mite Aerobic Workout from the list in the first post. I didn't preview much, so I had to concentrate a little so I didn't miss any of the turns. There is a warm-up, four combinations, and a cool-down. There is a modifier (who I think is responsible for most of the whooping...) in case you don't want to do any turns or jumps. I liked the pace and the choreography wasn't too complex. Fun music and fun moves!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 11:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I wonder if it's because they people look for workouts of a certain time period with exercisers using leotards and use 'leotard' as a search term.
Yep - I know firsthand from someone who was banished here.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 06:13 PM  
Karla25

Today was Joanie Greggins:Sculpt & Stretch One of the background exercisers was a gorgeous senior citizen with a body that most 20 year old girls would envy. The power of a proper diet and exercise to keep one youthful is amazing.
Old 08-14-21, 06:29 PM  
jetlitis

29 Minute Workout (voice-over drill sergeant! )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDOqFRB7aSM&t=1187s

(I only did the first 20 minutes of aerobics and skipped the remaining 9 minute floorwork -- when I had the VHS tape, I never bothered with the floorwork)

Nautilus High-Low Impact Aerobics (abruptly stops at the 20 minute mark)

(I did the cooldown from Nautilus Low Impact Aerobics)

Notes:
  1. 29 Minute Workout -- the aerobics is all high-impact and I had to modify. I don't believe I ever loved this workout -- it's very repetitive. The person who does the voicie-over is a hoot though -- he's hilarious.
  2. Sadly, the Nautilus High-Low Aerobics isn't the complete workout, but I really enjoyed the aerobics portions. I really like Stacey Benson.
Old 08-14-21, 10:39 PM  
Venus

I had planned to do Buns of Steel today, but I did Joanie Greggains Sculpt and Stretch instead.

Sculpt and Stretch has a warm-up, four sculpting sections, and a short stretch and relaxation at the end. Weights and ankle weights are both optional; I used 3 lb. weights to try it out. There is a seconds long preview of the exercises before each sculpting section, which I found helpful to set up for the next set of exercises or get a swig of water. Joanie gave form pointers throughout and offered modifications for some moves. There is a brief stretch at the end of each section which Joanie calls an active rest. I also liked the background exercisers; they seemed genuinely happy to be there and were not annoying or intrusive to the workout. The only thing that bothered me a little was the music seemed too loud at times.

I had only done Joanie Greggains' Holiday Workout previously and I like it, especially around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I enjoyed Sculpt and Stretch, too. I felt great after! I noticed this channel uploaded other Joanie Greggains workouts, too, which I would like to try. There are also other retro workouts uploaded, including a lot of Denise Austin.

Joanie Greggains Firm Fannies 15 min
Joanie Greggains Lean Legs 15 min
Joanie Greggains Super Stomachs 15 min
Joanie Greggains Ultimate Buns 30 min
Joanie Greggains AeroboFlex 30 min
Old 08-15-21, 07:37 AM  
Kitten

I did Jane Fonda's Lite Aerobics and Stress Reduction (1989) stretching segment only.

It used to be available on Youtube, but I had to pull out my vhs copy this morning.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-21, 06:54 PM  
jetlitis

Kathy Smith Weight Loss Workout (1991)

Kathy Smith was one of my favorites in the 80s and 90s, and then I stopped doing her workouts for about 20 years. Now I'm re-living some of her older workouts and I'm loving them all over again!

Karla -- thank you so much for putting together this "retro themed workout weekend". I had an absolute ball.

(Always on the hunt for some "oldies" on YT.)
Old 08-16-21, 12:13 AM  
Venus

I did Jane Fonda's Total Body Stretch to finish off the weekend. It was short (about 15 minutes) and relaxing. Jane uses a step with risers and a towel. She starts out sitting and finishes with standing stretches. I used a chair and slightly modified; I think you could just do this sitting on the floor and modify some poses, too. I used a yoga strap instead of a towel.

It was fun to try some retro workouts this weekend!
Old 08-19-21, 11:15 PM  
jusca

Wow, a great list to choose from. I'm doing one this weekend. I'm not sure which one yet. This is exciting to take a trip back in time!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bess motta, deborah crocker, lilias folan, nautilus, retro workouts, retro workouts list, vintage workouts