Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-01-21, 07:31 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

August: 20 Different Instructors and/or Virgins, Ancient Dustbunnies

Hi! This is a continuation from Karla's "20 Days / 20 Instructors". Some of us enjoyed it so much we're continuing for a new month (or just 20 days if you're so inclined!)

I've been going through a lot of virgins, primarily Jessica Smith. I seem to have collected her DVDs, but haven't actually done them.

So to kick us off for August:
Instructor #1: Jessica Smith / WALK ON _ 5 Fat Burning Miles / Power Posture Mile

This ended up being not much of a walk, an awful lot of just walking in place. But I liked the variety of upper body and glute exercises for improving posture.

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 03:15 PM  
Kitten

I'm not sure how much I'll contribute this month but I'm here for day one!

Day one, virgin. Metrx 180 Shaping workout 1. Frank Sepe can be a bit much, I don't need to see his abs lol.

I thoroughly enjoyed the workout. I expected to not like the ab work, but it as tough and won me over by the end. The stretch is short - only 2 1/2 minutes. They do want you to add their stretch, but that's another 16 minutes and I already know I'm not a fan.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 05:23 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Instructor #2: Kassandra / #26 of her Evening Yoga series

I think everyone is still posting in the original thread.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 07:16 AM  
Vantreesta

My planned list is in the other thread and I have only been making comments in that post, not adding many comments in new posts, so I'm just continuing with that. I haven't been keeping up with my regular check ins very well so not doing much with my "extras" either!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 03:05 PM  
T2B

I’ll join in for August. Sounds refreshing and a great way to energize workouts. I have lots of virgins too. ! I’ll start next week, I want to finish out my scheduled workouts this week. One of my goals is 7500 steps a day so I may end of doing another workout later during the day.

I’m a thread killer so hopefully someone will come back and post with me.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 05:57 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
I’ll join in for August. Sounds refreshing and a great way to energize workouts. I have lots of virgins too. ! I’ll start next week, I want to finish out my scheduled workouts this week. One of my goals is 7500 steps a day so I may end of doing another workout later during the day.

I’m a thread killer so hopefully someone will come back and post with me.
I'll post with you. I'm working through virgin sets.
Old 08-04-21, 09:30 PM  
bubbles76

Day 1 - The Firm Cardio Inferno with Su Mi Powell. Virgin workout and instructor. I really liked this one! Just what I needed for today. I treated this workout as strictly cardio, and only used 3 pound dumbbells to boost the cardio effect. I mixed the impact to keep my knees safe. I really wasn't feeling like a workout today, but this one made me happy. I actually started off with The Fete Fix (virgin workout and instructor) but I wasn't feeling it. Got 10 minutes in and had not broken a sweat. It was less intense than Leslie. But maybe it was my mood. I may try this one again, just to be sure.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 09:31 AM  
T2B

#1 Cathe - STRONG & SWEATY: PHA. I used moderate weights, 8# for upper & 10 #’s for lower body. The 3 rounds were not as grueling and tedious with lighter weights. Definitely a sweat palooza. This is kind of a cheat because I use Cathe all the time but I had to start with Cathe ‘cause she’s my #1 love! . For me this is the hardest of all Cathe’s PHA DVDs. I went with lighter weights to make it easier. Cathe moves at a nice clip, no water breaks like in the Cathe Live PHAs. I love the red/black outfits.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 09:06 PM  
bubbles76

T2B Cathe's PHA3 is definitely the hardest for me. It's right up there with Imax 3. I got through PHA3, but I was angry the whole time lol! I've never gotten all the way through Imax 3.

Yesterday my knee was twinging, so no workout for me.

Day 2 - Tracy Anderson Method Mat Workout. New workout and new instructor. I've never, ever thought I'd try a Tracy workout, because I have heard she doesn't cue. Although I'm sure I didn't do this one perfectly, I did enjoy myself. I feel I'm going to be sore tomorrow, especially in the upper back and shoulders. Not a bad workout, but I was expecting more lower body burn for a workout with "mat" in the title. I really love floor work.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 03:37 AM  
Kitten

Yesterday was Gin Miller's The Ramp Ramping 1 2 3.

This has a loooong warmup. If it wasn't for the stretching (which I ffed through)it would seamlessly flow into the workout. Everything was low key, the music, the workout. At first I wasn't liking it, but it grew on me. There is some balance work at the end which I loved.

My job can get very physical. I can see me doing this on days when I have a scheduled cardio, but no gas left in the tank so to speak.

Tags
20 different instructors, dust bunny, dustbunnies, dustbunny