Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-01-21, 08:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Barefoot and on the Mat - November, 2021 check-in

Welcome to our November check-in!

This check-in is for ANYONE and EVERYONE who enjoys ANY type of barefoot workouts, including yoga, Pilates, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, kickboxing, kettlebells, barefoot cardio, whatever - we welcome all! We are a friendly group of diverse ages and backgrounds. Post your workouts or not, we don't care...we'd love to have you join us in any capacity!

“She stands
In tattered gold
Tossing bits of amber
And jade, jewels of a year grown old:
November.”

— Zephyr Ware Tarver, “A Queen Makes an Exit”
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day. More like Groan Day! My toe is still so sore and the blister just won't heal. Might have to call the podiatrist if things don't start looking up. Anyway, my low key Halloween featured:

~ Half mile slow stroll at beach
~ YWK YWK Bedtime Yin Yoga
~ 4,460 steps

I forgot to buy candy but it was just as well, only one group came around and we hid. It was discovered that some kook in my neighborhood was handing out dog treats. I mean, it’s not poison or razor blades, and humans can eat dog treats, but sausage and bacon nuggets?

Anyway -

Cyana, I loved your bird Musical Tree. They are so special. I’m so stuck on the beach grid I’m going to take it down and try something different. Ethan has some beautiful pieces, and I love that bat! I wonder what it is? I enjoy Traditional Medicinals Chamomile Lavender tea when I can’t sleep on winter nights, and occasionally roast a chicken with Penzeys herbes de provence which contains lavender, among other yummy herbs.

Beth, I’m happy to hear your massage helped. I had to look up what scalenes are - oh, those pesky rascals. Great week of workouts for you.

Paine, I will share that butternut squash recipe. It’s a WW recipe so the link won’t work for non-subscribers.

Good morning to all who follow!
Old 11-01-21, 08:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, thanks for starting us off!

November -

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 10:19 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Essentrics

Pat, thank you for starting our November thread! It's hard to believe that it's November already.
I bookmarked Yoga with Kassandra's Bedtime Yin Yoga because it looks like something I'd love (thank you for giving the link).

Pam, thanks for telling me how you make your air fried butternut squash, it sounds delicious! I like Penzey's spices too. I haven't tried their Northwoods seasoning but will have to get some.

I look forward to hearing about Garrie's experience with the Cathe Road trip.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 02:23 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Paine, here is the butternut squash stew recipe:

Moroccan Butternut Squash Stew

Enjoy!
Old 11-01-21, 02:26 PM  
Twigs

Thank you Pat for starting us off and for the verse.

Yesterday evening I needed to move after sitting down all afternoon, so did:
- Lee Holden Qigong for Better Balance.
- Beth's Rise Up Stand Up

Today's workouts:
- Bellyfit Release & Restore (20m). This was a gentle cardio workout with a tribal beat.
- Neighbourhood walk
- ETV Maude All Standing class

Cyana - I loved hearing about your bird version of musical chairs. That must have been so entertaining. I sometimes put lavender into my teas but lately I'm into rose petals and hibiscus, mainly for the vitamin C content but I do like how they flavour up my white teas.

Pat - Ouch, your poor toe. I'm sending healing vibes your way. I'm on you hiding from the trick or treaters. I buy candy every year for Halloween but I think we've only had two times in the past 20 years when anyone has shown up. I can't believe someone would pass out dog treats! Thanks for the recipe. :-)

Paine - Did your grandsons dress up and go out trick or treating last night?

Pam - I do think we have similar weather. Apart from living in Kansas for 6 months over one summer, I realise I've only ever lived in this kind of climate. Seattle was very much like the UK.

Waves to all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 04:29 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, thank you kindly for the recipe link--it looks good!

Margot, for Halloween my grandsons dressed up as the video game characters Mario and Luigi. They didn't go Trick or Treating (because of the pandemic) but their mom hid candy around the house and they had fun going on a candy hunt.
Old 11-02-21, 08:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Ellen's 10 Minute WW Walk
~ YWK 10 Minute Morning Stretch
~ Kathy Smith Peel Off the Pounds Pilates (full DVD)
~ 6,850 steps

That is a new Kassandra, it was nice. It features the half split where you sit back on one heel, a favorite of mine. That was also the first time I've done a full length Kathy Smith DVD in - I can't remember how long. It's one of her best productions, IMO.

Thank you for the healing toe vibes, everyone. Thank goodness for Oofos flip flops, they let me do most workouts at home.

I hope you like the recipe if you try it, Paine.

Margot, that Bellyfit class sounds nice.

Pam, interesting about Balletone. I seem to recall having one of her DVDs stashed away. What did you think?

Cyana, I have my fingers and all toes (except one) crossed that your workload eases up toward end of month.

Beth, I still need to do your lunchtime #3 - today seems like a good day for it.

Good morning to all who follow!
Old 11-02-21, 11:10 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Home Improvement (all)

When I was doing Margaret's Home Improvement more frequently, I always wore 2.5 pounds on each ankle for the floor work but today I did it without ankle weights and it was still challenging! How the hell did I always do it with ankle weights? Ticks me off that I've lost strength.

Pat, I found all of Kathy's Peel Off the Pounds Pilates on YouTube and it looks good so I bookmarked it.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...Pounds+Pilates

Beth, you will probably laugh at this. I saw that you made a comment about the new Outlander book in the Fall Reading thread. I read the first couple of Outlander books when they first came out many years ago. I liked them but then one day it suddenly dawned on me... The main character is cheating on her husband!! So she is an adulteress! That pi$$ed me off so I quit reading the series.
Old 11-02-21, 11:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, LOL about Outlander! Yes, the present-day husband really does get kind of screwed in that deal. Despite that, I really loved the first 2 books and continued through I think Book 6 (I believe my next book would be Echo in the Bone, which starts with her daughter back in present day). However, the last few felt like slogs to me, way too long and increasingly convoluted. I have thought about going back but I think it's been so long that I would have trouble remembering some of the plotlines.

I just came across this channel that looks good! I was looking up info for scalenes (those pesky neck muscles, as Pat said), and found lots of information on trigger points from this channel, Wizard of Health. This simple move was particularly useful to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpJw...WizardofHealth

Jill Miller does something similar with a ball, but I never really "got it" before, and it felt more helpful just doing it with my thumb!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote