Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-21, 01:00 PM  
mamaste
 
Join Date: May 2008
Poor Bill Phillips Got COVID

I am not posting this to be political, just an example of what COVID can do to a fit and healthy person. 😢 Itís heartbreaking to see him like this.
__________________
Life is not about who you once were. It is about who you are right now and the person you have the potential to become.
mamaste is offline  
Old 08-24-21, 01:25 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter
 
Pat58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Connecticut
I hope he feels better soon and doesn't have any complications.
Pat58 is offline  
Old 08-24-21, 02:42 PM  
mamaste
 
Join Date: May 2008
I tried to post the photos, but it didnít work. He doesnít look very healthy right now. I hope heís able to regain the strength he has lost. Itís so shocking how something so tiny can do so much damage.
__________________
Life is not about who you once were. It is about who you are right now and the person you have the potential to become.
mamaste is offline  
Old 08-26-21, 09:36 AM  
fanofladyvols
VF Supporter
 
fanofladyvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Modify City, State of Fierce
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat58 View Post
i hope he feels better soon and doesn't have any complications.
+1 🙏
__________________
Don't just work hard, work smart....Pat Head Summitt

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word for 2022: Balance
fanofladyvols is offline  
Old 08-26-21, 09:44 AM  
amoodygirl
 
amoodygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY
This article was posted yesterday from The Sacramento Bee. I just pray he doesn't become a Covid long hauler. Just shows me that the virus doesn't discriminate - no matter how fit its victim. I lost my cousin to Covid last November - she did everything right but the maintenance people in her building knowingly had Covid and wouldn't wear masks. We found this out after she passed.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...253708748.html
__________________
"When ignorance screams, intelligence moves on.Ē
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline  
Old 08-26-21, 10:31 AM  
Karla25
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
This article was posted yesterday from The Sacramento Bee. I just pray he doesn't become a Covid long hauler. Just shows me that the virus doesn't discriminate - no matter how fit its victim. I lost my cousin to Covid last November - she did everything right but the maintenance people in her building knowingly had Covid and wouldn't wear masks. We found this out after she passed.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...253708748.html

Unfortunately, all Covid posts eventually get political. I'm sorry about your cousin. However, I don't believe wearing a cloth mask makes any real difference in the spread of the virus. A cloth mask only helps if one sneezes or coughs into the mask to stop the water droplets from spraying directly onto others. Most people probably pull the mask down when they cough or sneeze because they don't want to wear a wet mask.

We don't know what type of medical treatment Bill has received, many liberal doctors refuse to provide treatments based primarily on their political beliefs. Best practice is for each of us to do the research on available treatments and discuss treatment options with our doctors before getting the virus.

We also don't know if Bill had any types of deficiencies. Many people are low in zinc and D3. These have been proven through testing to help reduce symptoms of Covid. We don't know what precautionary measures (if any) he took to build up his immune system.

Sadly, I will probably get some negative feedback from my post and there will probably be people that no longer want to associate with me. However, I am going to speak the truth as I see it.

I've read posts here in this forum where pro-maskers have wanted to inflict violence by slapping people that don't wear masks. Many in this group do not believe in allowing others to have a differing opinion. There is no free discourse. That's another reason to stay away from posting threads about Covid. It creates too much disharmony. Instead of building up relationships, it tears people apart.
__________________
Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts
Charles Dickens
Karla25 is offline  
Old 08-26-21, 10:45 AM  
amoodygirl
 
amoodygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
That's another reason to stay away from posting threads about Covid. It creates too much disharmony. Instead of building up relationships, it tears people apart.
Well, one should heed one's own advice. I wasn't making this political whatsoever but you just did. This virus has nothing to do with politics whatsoever.
__________________
"When ignorance screams, intelligence moves on.Ē
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline  
Old 08-26-21, 02:33 PM  
leigh1673
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Unfortunately, all Covid posts eventually get political. I'm sorry about your cousin. However, I don't believe wearing a cloth mask makes any real difference in the spread of the virus. A cloth mask only helps if one sneezes or coughs into the mask to stop the water droplets from spraying directly onto others. Most people probably pull the mask down when they cough or sneeze because they don't want to wear a wet mask.

We don't know what type of medical treatment Bill has received, many liberal doctors refuse to provide treatments based primarily on their political beliefs. Best practice is for each of us to do the research on available treatments and discuss treatment options with our doctors before getting the virus.

We also don't know if Bill had any types of deficiencies. Many people are low in zinc and D3. These have been proven through testing to help reduce symptoms of Covid. We don't know what precautionary measures (if any) he took to build up his immune system.

Sadly, I will probably get some negative feedback from my post and there will probably be people that no longer want to associate with me. However, I am going to speak the truth as I see it.

I've read posts here in this forum where pro-maskers have wanted to inflict violence by slapping people that don't wear masks. Many in this group do not believe in allowing others to have a differing opinion. There is no free discourse. That's another reason to stay away from posting threads about Covid. It creates too much disharmony. Instead of building up relationships, it tears people apart.
Probably because your "truth" is some regurgitated nonsense spouted by an ignorant faction of the population who blatantly disregard actual. scientific. evidence.

But please, do go on...
leigh1673 is offline  
Old 08-24-21, 03:38 PM  
mamaste
 
Join Date: May 2008
[QUOTE=mamaste;2938503]I am not posting this to be political, just an example of what COVID can do to a fit and healthy person. 😢 Itís heartbreaking to see him like this.

https://twitter.com/kellyreinketv/st...254956548?s=21
__________________
Life is not about who you once were. It is about who you are right now and the person you have the potential to become.
mamaste is offline  
Old 08-24-21, 03:53 PM  
wendug
VF Supporter
 
wendug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
I didn't know who this person was, but I read his story. YIKES! No matter how healthy you think you are, don't mess with this virus. He's going to have a LONG road to recovery.
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness