Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-22, 08:55 AM  
MissBliss

Suggestions on Streaming Workouts

I hope this is allowed.

I’m in my early 60’s with over 100 lbs to lose. Had a hip replacement 3 years ago and have since put on 20lbs. (Not good). About 6 years ago I lost 60lbs doing Leslie Sansone on bad weather days and walking outside when it was nice.

I really want to restart and get healthy. I am wondering which streaming service you like. I have many (40+) Leslie DVD’s plus the Jane Fonda Seniors and a few assorted DVD’s I’ve thrifted.

My thought is if I subscribe to a streaming workout it may be new and more motivating. My question is who should I use, what do you recommend? I’m considering Essentrics or Leslie Sansone but am open to anything.

I did some searching here but couldn’t really find a thread about this.
MissBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 09:35 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Hands down….Joyn! It’s free and FUN!! Link: https://app.joyn.co/

Also, I wouldn’t worry about losing weight. I would focus on moving your body in ways you enjoy and loving the body you have. I am 100% positive that you are amazing just the way you are!! You don’t have to be thin to be healthy. Joyn will help with that. Also, check out books by Sofie Hagen and Virgie Tovar. Sending you positive vibes!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 09:59 AM  
MissBliss

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post

Also, I wouldn’t worry about losing weight. I would focus on moving your body in ways you enjoy and loving the body you have. I am 100% positive that you are amazing just the way you are!! You don’t have to be thin to be healthy. Joyn will help with that. Also, check out books by Sofie Hagen and Virgie Tovar. Sending you positive vibes!
What an awesome suggestions! Thank you so much! and thank you for your encouragement!
Old 03-18-22, 10:05 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:

Thank you for posting about Joyn. I had not heard of it before.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 10:15 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBliss View Post
What an awesome suggestion! Thank you so much!
You got it!! I’m going on there today to try a country line dance taught by Hannah! I always wanted to do that!! Haha Joyn has so
many different, fun classes and moving your body shouldn’t be a chore or punishment for eating. And, if you don’t feel like moving your body than don’t! Honor your inner self and respect that. Maybe just do something else that will benefit your mental health which is just as important, if not more important, than your physical health. There are lots of ways to be healthy and self care is one of them. That could be 5 minutes of deep breathing, getting your nails done, or taking a bath. Listen to your body and discover what you really need at this moment and honor that.

If you ever want to talk Joyn classes, Fat Activist Authors/Instagram Influencers, Health At Every Size, Body Positivity, or being part of the Anti-Diet Riot crew than shoot me a PM!
Old 03-18-22, 10:22 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thank you for posting about Joyn. I had not heard of it before.
Yes….I FREAKING LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Lol

I take classes with Kanoa when I want a good cardio/HIIT workout; yoga with Jessica Rihal (the ones she does on the beach are awesome with the waves crashing); boxing with Georgina; Dance with Hannah, Heather, Sarah, etc; Burlesque Barre with Kris, Functional movements with Wendy……honestly, there is a class for everything under the sun!! I love that it’s body neutral, diverse, and fat, person with disability, and queer positive! It’s also amazing for people recovering from eating disorders. The best part is that it is FREE!!!! Hundreds of classes for FREE!!!! The instructors are UBER encouraging, positive and enthusiastic. They truly welcome everyone!! It’s the BEST!!! Can you tell I love it?!! Haha
Old 03-18-22, 01:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

an alternative would be to try the free channels on youtube.

i'm tagging this with youtube channels so that you can see what's other VFers have sung the praises of.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 08:47 PM  
MissBliss

Quote:
Yes….I FREAKING LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Lol

I take classes with Kanoa when I want a good cardio/HIIT workout; yoga with Jessica Rihal (the ones she does on the beach are awesome with the waves crashing); boxing with Georgina; Dance with Hannah, Heather, Sarah, etc; Burlesque Barre with Kris, Functional movements with Wendy……honestly, there is a class for everything under the sun!! I love that it’s body neutral, diverse, and fat, person with disability, and queer positive! It’s also amazing for people recovering from eating disorders. The best part is that it is FREE!!!! Hundreds of classes for FREE!!!! The instructors are UBER encouraging, positive and enthusiastic. They truly welcome everyone!! It’s the BEST!!! Can you tell I love it?!! Haha
I’ve tried about three workouts so far, loving all. Tried Functional Movements with Wendy and a couple of Dance with Hanna. Loving them all so far! Thanks again for your suggestions.
Old 03-22-22, 05:37 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
I’ve tried about three workouts so far, loving all. Tried Functional Movements with Wendy and a couple of Dance with Hanna. Loving them all so far! Thanks again for your suggestions.
Yay!!! I’m so happy for you!!! It’s crazy that it’s free, right!! Thanks for letting me know that you are enjoying the classes!! I was going to try a walking class with Akua next! I finished Hannah’s country line dance but I have two left feet! Haha Have a great day!!!!
Old 03-25-22, 02:48 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
What an awesome suggestions! Thank you so much! and thank you for your encouragement!
If you like walking, I just got a subscription to Walking Online Workouts! They are really fun and there is zero dread factor. There is no talk at all so none of that super annoying "burn calories and blast off that fat fast" type talk! There is REALLY good music and I have just been doing the disco walks over and over again because I am one of the 3 people in the world that LOVES disco!! However there is all kinds of popular music. Most of the walks are outside too. She offers a one week free trial that is super easy to cancel. Here is the link:
https://walkingonlineworkouts.vhx.tv

You can try a free walk by her on YouTube. She's pretty funny because half way through this walk she realizes her shirt was inside out the whole time and she just laughs!! I love that!!! Here is link: https://youtu.be/TlDLDHGCXWI

I also wanted to let you know that some great authors to check out are: Sofie Hagen, Aubrey Gordon, Jes Baker and Virgie Tovar! Ok, take care!!

Tags
joyn, streaming, streaming affordable, streaming help, streaming services, youtube, youtube channels