Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-22, 07:02 AM  
counterclockwise

I have used Purple Player on my Roku TV for Jessica’s WS3 and other workouts for a long time, and it has worked perfectly for me. I’m even out in the garage pretty far from my router.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 08:42 AM  
Anne29

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
I really want to do this program. It sounds like exactly what I need at this time. My only hesitation is the purple play app. The reviews for this app are appalling. Jessica’s website says you can cast these workouts to your tv, but reviews in the App Store indicate casting doesn’t work with this player. Has anyone had a decent experience with the purple player and iOS? Tia
I've never had any trouble with purple player. I stream them from my MacBook Pro, using an HDMI cable to display them on a bigger monitor. I actually love having all the workouts available on Purple Player. It's super easy to flip back and forth between different ones of hers. And I've had good experiences with the customer service people. I had a question about some of the new features she added to Lift & Shift. I asked the question on a Saturday, fully expecting I wouldn't hear back until Monday at the earlier, but I got a reply that same day.

If the program sounds right for you right now, I'd say go for it.
Anne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 10:38 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
I really want to do this program. It sounds like exactly what I need at this time. My only hesitation is the purple play app. The reviews for this app are appalling. Jessica’s website says you can cast these workouts to your tv, but reviews in the App Store indicate casting doesn’t work with this player. Has anyone had a decent experience with the purple player and iOS? Tia
You can also play the videos from Jessica's Lift and Shift website. I think some people found this worked better. Once you purchase it, you can access the library.

When I first purchased it, I had problems accessing Lift and Shift from PP. It took a couple of weeks for their customer support to fix it. It was frustrating at the time, but once it was fixed, it works fine. However, during those first two weeks, I was able to access the program directly from the Lift and Shift website. Most people in the Jessica Smith Junkees FB Group have also been able to access Lift and Shift from PP with no issues. However, a few like me had to iron out some bugs in the beginning.

https://www.liftandshift.us/
Old 03-18-22, 10:20 PM  
desderata

Thank you, everyone! I’m going to try it.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 04:40 PM  
zoegirl

Oh, Joni, Joni, Joni....look what you went and made me do! Well, that and the 60 day money back guarantee.... So far, I have done 4 of the workouts and have enjoyed them, although I hate lower body workouts in general. In the first workout, which is over 50 minutes, she gives you the option to quit after the first half, which is what I did, since it was my first go-through. Since she goes a little slower, it is easier to go heavier, which is what I am looking for. And of course, there is Peanut. I have had no problems with the Purple Player.

I have been wanting to increase my strength, but 30-45 min is my sweet spot. I did sign up for Cathe Live, even though most of them are more than 45 min, thinking it might be the push I need. I adore Cathe and the workouts have been good, but having close to 400 choices is too much for me, even with helpful lists from other VFers. I won't be renewing when my 3 months is up. So I am hoping that Lift and Shift, along with my Cathe Lite and ICE DVDs, and hopefully her new series, will be enough to give me a push.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 06:52 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Always happy to oblige! . Sounds like you like it. Yay!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-22, 08:32 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Oh geez, now I went and clicked on the link and watched the previews, and there's a sparkling sunny pool and palm trees in the background! (side note: is this the same room that is in the Walk Strong series? I think it's just been painted since those. [But why does this even occur to me or matter though?])

Considering I look at grey skies and snow and then mud for six months out of the year, I may have to just get these now! I had no idea that was the background. I'm not usually a Jessica weight fan, but I certainly am a Jessica with a sunny background fan!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-22, 08:09 AM  
lunarraine

This thread has sparked my interest

I was wondering if the workouts could be done with resistance bands only?

Since my husband semi-retired, we spend a lot of the summer in the RV and I found it easier just to bring a variety of bands rather than haul around a set of dumbbells.
lunarraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews