Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-21, 12:27 PM  
mamaste

The thread wasn’t political until a few decided to talk about masks and vaccinations. You (Royal You) choose what to post. You choose to respond. You choose what you say. You can also choose to ignore a post or to respond in a positive manner.

Once someone had COVID, no finger pointing or disagreeing about masks and vaccines will get rid of it.
Old 08-26-21, 12:39 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Thank you. She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.

Yep, I think a healthy dose of tolerance and kindness applies to all .
Prayers being sent for your Mom and yours.
Old 08-26-21, 01:06 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Jackie - I'm so sorry about your Mom.
Old 08-26-21, 01:15 PM  
Erica H.

Jackie - I am so sorry about your mom. Thinking of you and your family.

Erica
Old 08-26-21, 01:16 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Thank you. She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.

So sorry about your mom --this happened to my family member as well. She became briefly ill with the first shot then deathly ill with the second. She pulled through but still deals with some side effects and has to take meds daily now. Hopefully it will continue to get better with time. Prayers and well wishes to your family!
Old 08-26-21, 02:26 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
When you stated that your cousin died because the maintenance people in her building didn't wear masks, you should have expected a negative reaction. You can't falsely accuse people of murder/negligent homicide because they didn't wear a mask.
All I'm going to say on this topic is the source of the infection was proven through contact tracing. Many people became ill with Covid in her building, including her daughter (who survived) and many passed away after having contact with these workers.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Old 08-26-21, 02:29 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Can we please just stop bickering about the politics and express empathy for the souls who are impacted by the virus? Why does every single thread have to go downhill in a matter of a few posts pushing an agenda with nothing to gain since no minds are changed and civilized discussion is cut off. Can’t we reign it in?

Thoughts and prayers for Bill Phillips and his family.
You are so right!

Diane
Old 08-26-21, 02:31 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Sadly, it is political.

My mom is in the hospital, in critical condition with encephalitis. Her doctors have brought up the possibility that it is a reaction to "the shot".

There are risks and benefits with all our health decisions. Be kind.
Jackie - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers completely and soon. It gets so much harder as we get older.

Diane
Old 08-26-21, 02:33 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Unfortunately, all Covid posts eventually get political. I'm sorry about your cousin. However, I don't believe wearing a cloth mask makes any real difference in the spread of the virus. A cloth mask only helps if one sneezes or coughs into the mask to stop the water droplets from spraying directly onto others. Most people probably pull the mask down when they cough or sneeze because they don't want to wear a wet mask.

We don't know what type of medical treatment Bill has received, many liberal doctors refuse to provide treatments based primarily on their political beliefs. Best practice is for each of us to do the research on available treatments and discuss treatment options with our doctors before getting the virus.

We also don't know if Bill had any types of deficiencies. Many people are low in zinc and D3. These have been proven through testing to help reduce symptoms of Covid. We don't know what precautionary measures (if any) he took to build up his immune system.

Sadly, I will probably get some negative feedback from my post and there will probably be people that no longer want to associate with me. However, I am going to speak the truth as I see it.

I've read posts here in this forum where pro-maskers have wanted to inflict violence by slapping people that don't wear masks. Many in this group do not believe in allowing others to have a differing opinion. There is no free discourse. That's another reason to stay away from posting threads about Covid. It creates too much disharmony. Instead of building up relationships, it tears people apart.
Probably because your "truth" is some regurgitated nonsense spouted by an ignorant faction of the population who blatantly disregard actual. scientific. evidence.

But please, do go on...
Old 08-26-21, 02:40 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:

It's good she's back near family and has you/your DH to check in on her.
Here's to wishin' and hopin' and prayin' that she overcomes this and lots of hugs to you and yours.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19