Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-21, 01:11 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've started wearing safety glasses for weight and band workouts.

I should have been doing this for years. After I read somewhere here that even the good quality resistance bands (BodyLastics) I have have been know to snap, I picked up some safety glasses (NoCry).

Bear in mind that they will fog up, no matter what the description says.

Does anyone else wear safety glasses for weight and/or resistance band work?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 01:49 PM  
Pam

Good idea Vintage VFer! My regular glasses, are my safety glasses. My parents started us getting our prescription glasses made out of safety glasses when we were kids, as we were doing a lot of downhill skiing. I never thought of how they could help me working out now.
Old 05-26-21, 02:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

I wonder what divers use...wonder if that would work with the fogging of the lenses.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 02:41 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

My dad used to scub dive, though not deep diving. He filled his goggles.with whatever water he was in. He had grown up swimming in the ocean and river deltas so it never bothered his eyes.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 02:56 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Forgot to add that I'm also one who counts on my glasses to be for safety. I've worn them since I was in high school. Came in very handy .more than once when I was a hospital nurse.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 04:27 PM  
Gams

I used to use resistance bands at the end of ramping class and we had a lot of them break, but they never snapped back - they would just float down. Not sure why that would be.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 05:26 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I used to use resistance bands at the end of ramping class and we had a lot of them break, but they never snapped back - they would just float down. Not sure why that would be.
I had a resistance band snap on me. I was standing in the middle of the band holding the handles. I was doing squats with biceps curls. The band just fell to the floor. No snapping back at me. I guess it would depend on what exercise you are doing in how it snaps.
Old 05-26-21, 05:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yesterday I was doing some work with a band and so fearful it might snap. Safety glasses are probably a good idea. I need to put them with the band so I actually remember!

I think there is anti fog stuff you can use but I'm not sure how well it works.
Old 05-26-21, 07:03 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I bought a pair two years ago or so, I used it a few times, and I didn't continue using them. I wear glasses the rest of the day, but I usually take them off to workout, specially when I get sweaty, so it felt a bit weird to wear those while working out, also the ones I got are not crystal clear, they seem to have a coat or something. Maybe I should restart. My plan was to use them with resistance bands only.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 09:19 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I wear safety glasses when I use tubing with the handles. I heard those can cause serious damage when they snap. People do lose eyes from such accidents.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eye injury, injuries, safety glasses