Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-21, 08:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFR View Post
On paper Jessica Smith is perfect for me. I own almost every DVD she's released.

Her workouts have functional fitness, good messaging about health vs body image, scalable intensity, well planned balanced rotations, she does every rep...

But I don't like to do them. I think there's too many reps and not enough fun factor.
This is me!! I have so many of her workouts and I should love them. They are just the kind of workouts I like but for some reason I can never get through a whole workout. And I can't figure out why.

Is it the repetition? I dread workouts with too much repetition. Too many reps? But I like Slim Series and Margaret Richard. I can't figure it out. I keep trying though. I know it will click one of these days because as you said, on paper she's perfect for me.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 09:13 AM  
TinaT

Cybersparkle ~ You stated it perfectly. I've got these two conversation going on in my head. I just need to push play on those workouts that tick all the boxes and don't over think it.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 09:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

For me, it's that Jessica's workouts are just hard - in a completely different way than Cathe's workouts are hard - and she works you until the absolute end of the workout. Come on, Jessica, ease up a little bit, it's the last 30 seconds...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 10:11 AM  
TinaT

I think the other thought I have is, "do I really have all I need?. Am I done trading/buying workouts?" It's become such a habit since the 90's for me that I can't imagine not looking at lists and making offers, etc. It's all part of being a Vidiot I guess.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 10:16 AM  
katalina

I tried to like Linda Wooldridge - acquired far too many trying to click with them. They seemed like something I would like - should like, but never did.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 10:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
I tried to like Linda Wooldridge - acquired far too many trying to click with them. They seemed like something I would like - should like, but never did.
Yes! Linda too. I have many of hers too thinking they are the types of workouts I would/should like. I think with her it's just the enormous amount of time she spends on one body part. 30 minutes for inner thighs? Why? lol
Old 02-20-21, 10:26 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Yes! Linda too. I have many of hers too thinking they are the types of workouts I would/should like. I think with her it's just the enormous amount of time she spends on one body part. 30 minutes for inner thighs? Why? lol
That could be it. Not sure.

I've just learned I need to enjoy my workouts if I'm going to be consistent with them!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 12:36 PM  
bfit

I enjoy the Linda/Barlates workouts that only have 10 minute or 5 minute segments. There are also some with 20 minute segments. They are much more doable than her really long workouts. You can check a lot of them out on You Tube.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
That could be it. Not sure.

I've just learned I need to enjoy my workouts if I'm going to be consistent with them!
Yes absolutely true.
Leonana

Cybersparkle, that's it! My inner exercise guru has the final say, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
For me, it's that Jessica's workouts are just hard - in a completely different way than Cathe's workouts are hard - and she works you until the absolute end of the workout. Come on, Jessica, ease up a little bit, it's the last 30 seconds...

Carol
I think the Get Strong dvd is more relaxed at the end, most likely because the workouts are longer than 30 minutes.

Tags
instructors, joni-o