Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-20, 02:12 PM  
Holly123

Les Mills Equipment

I realize I should have asked this question long before I spent the $$$ to buy Les Mills Smartbar and weights and the Smartstep, but I'm curious. Does anyone own either of these items and if so, did I make a good purchase? Must admit, I'm afraid of what the answers may be but I thought as long as I'm going to take advantage of the temporary free streaming, I might as well buy the "stuff" too. All comments welcome!
Holly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 02:18 PM  
sherry7899

Hi Holly,

I cannot answer your question since I do not have the equipment. If you happen to be on Facebook, there is an "official Les Mills on Demand " group where many members own the equipment. People also post for suggestions for less expensive equipment to use instead.

Hopefully someone here can help.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 06:40 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

I don’t own a smart bar (I have two of my coveted FIRM padded barbells) but I am lucky to use the smart step when I teach BodyStep and freestyle step at the gym, the design is a dream. The corners are not square which gives us better clearance and the top part of the bench feels softer with a slight spring, unlike my REEBOK club step.
For home use I’m fine with my REEBOK step, I also use the risers with my high step topper.
Keep your eyes open I bet LES MILLS has a home discount code or maybe REEBOK ONE will offer a special
Old 03-24-20, 05:37 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Bumping this to see if anyone knows of a shipping coupon code? The prices are okay, but the shipping is really high! I found a 10% off code, but that doesn't offset shipping much at all on my potential purchase

ETA: I'm trying to purchase $188 worth of product, and the cheapest shipping option is $92! That's the step and 45 lbs of Don Oliver weights. If I remove the weights, the shipping for the step alone is still $35.
Old 03-25-20, 07:58 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I bought the Smart Step a couple of years ago when they had a Mother’s Day coupon for 25% off. That just offset the shipping charge!

I do like it very much. I use it for step workouts and Cathe Live Bootcamp workouts that use a step. The top of the step is easier to use for bench presses because of the shape and the grid top is soft enough that you don’t need a mat.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 11:17 AM  
Malia

I have the barbell set that I bought from Beachbody (how I got hooked on Les Mills in the first place) but I went to Les Mills Live in California a couple of years ago and they had the smart bar and step there. I loved it. If you didn't already have a barbell I think you made a great purchase!
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
les mills