Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-19, 11:00 AM  
momofcha

For those that have cancelled - do you lose access immediately?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 11:45 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
For those that have cancelled - do you lose access immediately?
I've been wondering this, too! I'm definitely canceling, but since I still have months left on my annual, I don't want to lose out.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 01:26 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I've been wondering this, too! I'm definitely canceling, but since I still have months left on my annual, I don't want to lose out.
fyi...I canceled and still have access until the next month billing cycle; not sure about the annual subscriptions.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 01:45 PM  
Marisa

Ugh. They removed all of Dino's workouts. I know he recently left barre3 and is doing his own thing but his previous weekly workouts were my absolute favorites. There is so little content left that I can't see continuing my subscription after it's up next month. This is so disappointing!
Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 01:53 PM  
prettyinpink

Dino’s workouts are there (well, some of them. I don’t know if he taught any older ones that were removed). I really liked his and Ronni’s, too.

Filter under “guest instructor”.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 02:36 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
Ugh. They removed all of Dino's workouts. I know he recently left barre3 and is doing his own thing but his previous weekly workouts were my absolute favorites. There is so little content left that I can't see continuing my subscription after it's up next month. This is so disappointing!
I didn’t know Dino left. He has been there for such a long time!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 03:15 PM  
Marisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Dino’s workouts are there (well, some of them. I don’t know if he taught any older ones that were removed). I really liked his and Ronni’s, too.

Filter under “guest instructor”.
Thank you!!! I didn't see that last filter. I am glad to see some of the Ronni workouts there too.

Quote:
I didn’t know Dino left. He has been there for such a long time!
He just recently opened his own studio classes. He posted on IG that he would be adding videos at some point too .
http://www.thesaltdrop.com
Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 03:17 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I went to do one of my favorited workouts this morning. I assumed it would be there since it really wasn't that old, but it was not.

FYI, b3 magazine came out and the following article addresses why workouts were taken down: https://blog.barre3.com/2019/10/17/w...ways-evolving/

The scorched earth approach they took still seems a little ridiculous to me, but at least they provided some insight as to why they did it.
Old 10-18-19, 03:32 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
We lift things above shoulder level all the time in daily life. Shouldn't our workouts help us do that better? If someone has a shoulder injury, they can just cue a modification to not go above shoulder level. If you never go above shoulder level, you're missing half the range of motion of the muscles in your back!
Regarding lifting weights over head, I found the following comment from a customer and response from barre3:

"My PT said it isn't good to lift weights over our head because it can cause/irritate shoulder injuries. He also told me that women in their 40's have a high rate of shoulder injury and frozen shoulder. I've experienced both and it sucks. Barre3 helped me heal... but I didn't, and still don't raise any weights (even 2 lbs) over my head. And I am VERY careful with any free weights in terms of how controlled the motion is (no crazy, fast swinging). I've been doing B3 since Sadie first opened on 10th & Marshall and will be refraining from using weights over my head.
Like · Reply · 1 · 19w

barre3
Good news! We don't lift over our shoulder joint in the Evolved Combo Work section of class because we also agree that it's very challenging to do correctly. Instead, we focus on strengthening the muscles functionally throughout the entire class through full range of motion without weights and weight-bearing postures like Plank and All-Fours. Also, always remember that this is about finding what works for you! You can still be successful with light or no weights. Thank you for your comment, we hope this helps!"

Link to where I found this is here.
Old 10-18-19, 03:48 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Regarding lifting weights over head, I found the following comment from a customer and response from barre3:

"My PT said it isn't good to lift weights over our head because it can cause/irritate shoulder injuries. He also told me that women in their 40's have a high rate of shoulder injury and frozen shoulder. I've experienced both and it sucks. Barre3 helped me heal... but I didn't, and still don't raise any weights (even 2 lbs) over my head. And I am VERY careful with any free weights in terms of how controlled the motion is (no crazy, fast swinging). I've been doing B3 since Sadie first opened on 10th & Marshall and will be refraining from using weights over my head.
Like · Reply · 1 · 19w

barre3
Good news! We don't lift over our shoulder joint in the Evolved Combo Work section of class because we also agree that it's very challenging to do correctly. Instead, we focus on strengthening the muscles functionally throughout the entire class through full range of motion without weights and weight-bearing postures like Plank and All-Fours. Also, always remember that this is about finding what works for you! You can still be successful with light or no weights. Thank you for your comment, we hope this helps!"

Link to where I found this is here.
Well, that PT sucks. Is that poor woman just supposed to go the rest of her life asking people to put boxes on shelves for her? Any PT worth their degree would help that woman get strong enough for ADL (activities of daily living) instead of disempowering her like that. And shame on Barre 3 as well. It's hard to do correctly, so we're not going to do it?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming