Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-19, 07:03 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersparkle View Post
Oh, I meant "Evolution" not revolution. Here is a clip that made me so skeptical, but somehow, it works!

https://youtu.be/s3edlzzvSvw

Enjoy
Thanks!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 07:50 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I have never heard of Josée before so took a look at her Youtube page. That step/toning workout looks really good! To call my French rusty is an understatement, but she looks like a very clear cuer - using hand cues as well as verbal. I don't think I'd have any problem following. Always on the lookout for good step routines.
Lori, Josée is a very pleasant instructor and I think she cues well, I speak French, but since you are a step lover, I think you would get it quite easily, some previewing before doing the routine would be helpful too. The total workout is around 45 minutes long, it has three blocks of cardio step at around 11-13 minutes each, and then the last two blocks is for some toning and stretching. I remember the first time I did it I thought it has a Les Mills Body Step feel to it, it is mostly athletic and high energy, everyone seems having a good time. After each step block I was ready to grab a sip of water, I love step, but I don't do it often.

I was gifted her other DVD... Plus ferme que Jamais 2 ("More toned than ever 2"), this one is a good weight less lower body workout, consisting mostly of lunges, squats, plies and leg extensions, then a brief floor routine with bridges, core and few push ups and a relaxing stretch, this one was a nice surprised since I never saw a preview online I would have never buy it on my own.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 08:06 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Lori, Josée is a very pleasant instructor and I think she cues well, I speak French, but since you are a step lover, I think you would get it quite easily,<snip for comment>
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I was gifted her other DVD... Plus ferme que Jamais 2 ("More toned than ever 2"), this one is a good weight less lower body workout, consisting mostly of lunges, squats, plies and leg extensions, then a brief floor routine with bridges, core and few push ups and a relaxing stretch, this one was a nice surprised since I never saw a preview online I would have never buy it on my own.
This sounds good too! I'll see how I do following the step workout first...

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Old 09-23-19, 08:12 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Thanks!

This sounds good too! I'll see how I do following the step workout first...
You are welcome! Please, report back if you get to try it

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 06:42 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I don't at all understand the concept of sitting and watching a workout video instead of just doing it. No previewing for me!
Old 09-24-19, 07:37 AM  
Garrie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I don't at all understand the concept of sitting and watching a workout video instead of just doing it. No previewing for me!
I love step and hi-lo workouts with complex choreography, and the first step to learning the choreography for a particular video is to watch it--several times. Get used to how the instructor breaks down, or layers, the choreography. But sometimes, the instructor won't break down chunks of the choreography at all, and will instead (to quote Seasun Zieger in Stepping Up), "force-feed" it to you. After watching the DVD at least twice, I then begin to learn it one combo at a time (on my rest days). Sometimes I'll even practice combos as a cool-down. Watch, practice, pause, rewind, practice, pause, rewind--you catch my drift.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 07:56 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
I love previewing new-to-me DVDs! I'll usually pop them in while I'm folding clothes, and for workouts like Cathe or KCM, I'll skip chapters once I see the move. I like knowing what I'm getting in to...
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 09:33 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
I have a friend who watches fitness videos while drinking wine and eating popcorn. She never does them.
Old 09-24-19, 09:40 AM  
Pam

I like to preview workout DVDs when I am tired at night. Popcorn & wine would be a great addition. LOL Also it is cheaper then surfing internet & buying more workout DVDs- which I also have done when tired at night.
Old 09-24-19, 12:03 PM  
mtngoat

I love previewing too! Like Garrie said, it is esp. useful getting down tough choreography. I'll get up and try the steps in my office.

I also preview before I purchase (although I am sure I have jumped on a bandwagon or two without previewing! )

Tags
instructors, josee lavigueur, previewing workouts