Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-17, 11:02 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Maybe Ashley Black should have just promoted this item for pain management and just talked about cellulite reduction as an added potential side "perk", if you will. The fact that Lannette uses it on her clients for pain management and even uses it on herself for pain management leads me to believe that the product does have some merit. Unfortunately, Ashley marketed it wrong. She should not be encouraging pain or bruising. However, the article does not appear very balanced.
FWIW, I've only had a few small quickly healed bruises from the FB and I bruise very easily but I use the light and quick strokes only. None of my clients have ever had a bruise but again I use light strokes solely to loosen what I term Fascial "puckers" in order to make it easier to smooth them with my massage strokes. I have used the duller end of the mini for triggerpointing, but again there was no bruising.

Please also note that none of my clients have ever returned exclaiming that their cellulite has disappeared either....

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 11:22 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Please also note that none of my clients have ever returned exclaiming that their cellulite has disappeared either....
Ah well, there's still time

Honestly, I'd like for my cellulite to disappear too, but the only thing that has helped with that are steady routines Cathe and Tracey Long. But I'll take the cellulite to be pain free any day!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 11:44 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

This thread inspired me to go over to the Fascia Blaster site for the first time in ages. I had actually ordered one when they first came out, but then cancelled my order. (And had to open a PayPal dispute to get my money back.)

The Mini 1 Fascia Blaster actually looks useful. If it doesn't cure pain or blast cellulite, maybe one could use it to find the elusive "G-Spot?"

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 12:35 PM  
mandie123

I bought one a year ago,didn't use it alot,now won't use it at all,due to the damage it can create.And,the more and more you look at the pics,it's obvious air brushing or filters were used.A while ago,one of her biggest proponents stopped posting videos pics etc,I messaged her on fb,and found out how bad it has been for some,her included.I'am not saying some people didn't have good results,but not worth the risk to me
Old 07-27-17, 03:16 PM  
keilan00

Ashley revealed all the participants in her 90 day study in Tampa, FL and made a public post telling everyone in her Facebook group they could ask the women any questions regarding the research study. Now Ashley is suing one participant for $5 million dollars for revealing she had negative effects following Ashley's protocols (light and brisk) during the study and wanted to drop out.

http://setexasrecord.com/stories/511...facebook-posts

keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 03:32 PM  
dmlarue1

I have the full and the mini and I really like mine for pain relief.
I always go light and I have never had a bruise from it.
I especially like it because I get pretty bad DOMS even with easier workouts. I can use the blaster a couple of minutes in the shower and it really helps.

I tend to think of mine how you would use dry brushing. I go light and quick and no pushing into the skin

I have never expected it to help my cellulite and do find her whole organization has this multi level marketing gimmicky feel to it when it comes to the claims of no cellulite or losing weight. There are people on her Facebook page who complain they don't bruise! I just don't see how bruising could ever be a good thing
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 04:48 PM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Ashley comes off as a quack/tacky marketing queen but honestly, some people can have their life turned upside down by owning a gerbil. Common sense isn't so common any more. You can use any myofascial tool too aggressively. I've seen women go after their cellulite with pure venom. Seriously, body hatred and "more is always better" mentality can turn any tool into a weapon. The early quote from one of the "victims" hits the nail on the head: "..I was desperate...it’s almost instant gratification you get when you drag that claw across your skin and you get bruises...". IMHO, she's a victim of disturbed thinking, not myofascial work.

If you educate yourself and start sensibly and listen to your body, myofascial tools can be very therapeutic.
Right, I agree. And I'm trying to point out the difference between authentic myofascial work (which is gentle and very beneficial)- and the crazy, dangerous manner in which Ashley B. TOLD people to use this device. Which is why I made sure to emphasize that many of these women with serious side effects were using it *exactly* as its creator told them to.

The thing is, the majority of women who bought and buy this device have probably never even heard of myofascial release. They bought it because it was advertised to GET RID OF CELLULITE. And her protocols for getting rid of cellulite and (ugh) fat lysing were to "go ballistic," "go to a pain level of 7." Ect. ect.

Of course, NOW all trace of those^^ type of protocols she advised have somehow mysteriously disappeared from her YouTube page and her Facebook group (but yay for screen shots) and she is telling people to use it gently and ease into it. WHY? Because of the thousands - or more - who have been damaged and injured using it the way she originally told them to!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 06:04 PM  
keilan00

I didn't buy this device to cure cellulite. I bought it because some members on this board were recommending the device for pain. I can usually rely on advice given on this forum but this is the one time I regret being influenced by this board.

I was cautious from the start. I am familiar with myofascial release and trigger point therapy. I did not go hard but still experienced side effects. Some pain was relieved but I also began experiencing pain in other parts of my body where there was none before. I also noticed a couple other weird things and began to keep a watchful eye on the main Facebook group. The amount of ill advice and censorship was alarming.

One day, I read a post where Ashley and her motivators were denouncing a horrible hateful troll group. I am so thankful for that post! I joined and all of my seemingly unrelated side effects lined up with theirs and everything made sense. They weren't trolls at all. They were women who were sharing what happened to their bodies after using the devices after being shunned and blocked for trying to get help. Unfortunately, some women were early adopters and have been horribly injured. They are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to heal their bodies. My heart breaks for them. On top of this, they are been sued, stalked, harassed, and hacked. This all sounds crazy until it happens to you. Right after writing a couple of posts expressing concern regarding Fasciablaster usage, someone tried to access my account and reset my password.

This has been a crappy experience but some good has come out of it. I learned the role inflammation plays in many diseases, the importance of hormone balance, increased my knowledge of the automatic nervous system, endocrine system, kidney and liver function, adrenal fatigue, and increased my understanding of the lymphatic system.

After seeing all the potential damage, I returned my blasters and demanded full refunds, shipping included.

By the way, Ashley is suing another customer for defamation and it is backfiring on her. She has a history of lying and the latest public court documents prove she has absolutely no college degree at all. She only has a high school diploma and here she is diagnosing people and recommending treatment from photographs. Please take off your blinders.

keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 09:02 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
I didn't buy this device to cure cellulite. I bought it because some members on this board were recommending the device for pain. I can usually rely on advice given on this forum but this is the one time I regret being influenced by this board.

I was cautious from the start. I am familiar with myofascial release and trigger point therapy. I did not go hard but still experienced side effects. Some pain was relieved but I also began experiencing pain in other parts of my body where there was none before. I also noticed a couple other weird things and began to keep a watchful eye on the main Facebook group. The amount of ill advice and censorship was alarming.

One day, I read a post where Ashley and her motivators were denouncing a horrible hateful troll group. I am so thankful for that post! I joined and all of my seemingly unrelated side effects lined up with theirs and everything made sense. They weren't trolls at all. They were women who were sharing what happened to their bodies after using the devices after being shunned and blocked for trying to get help. Unfortunately, some women were early adopters and have been horribly injured. They are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to heal their bodies. My heart breaks for them. On top of this, they are been sued, stalked, harassed, and hacked. This all sounds crazy until it happens to you. Right after writing a couple of posts expressing concern regarding Fasciablaster usage, someone tried to access my account and reset my password.

This has been a crappy experience but some good has come out of it. I learned the role inflammation plays in many diseases, the importance of hormone balance, increased my knowledge of the automatic nervous system, endocrine system, kidney and liver function, adrenal fatigue, and increased my understanding of the lymphatic system.

After seeing all the potential damage, I returned my blasters and demanded full refunds, shipping included.

By the way, Ashley is suing another customer for defamation and it is backfiring on her. She has a history of lying and the latest public court documents prove she has absolutely no college degree at all. She only has a high school diploma and here she is diagnosing people and recommending treatment from photographs. Please take off your blinders.

So glad you got a full refund! There is some seriously scary stuff happening surrounding AB and her "security team."

The fact that she lied about having a college AND a master's degree (and being a "scientist" - girl please!), lied about her ex-husband being a doctor, lied about one of her right-hand ladies being a "neuroscientist... ugh just the tip of her Iceberg of Lies. (although of course her ex and the supposed "neuroscientist" have a part to play in the deception, too - it was not just her).
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 09:25 AM  
sherry7899

Women's Health magazine posted an article about it as well. I will post a link later.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ashley black, ashley black guru, body dysmorphia, buyer beware, cellulite, fascia, fascia blaster, fasciablaster, fasciablaster injuries, injuries