Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-15, 11:37 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I previewed the first three classes in Course 6. The first one was similar to Course 3 but lower impact. The second and third ones started adding the gliding discs and band. I'm happy since that is the reason why I was waiting for this course. There are not too many workouts that use the gliding discs and Pilates ring.
Old 12-21-15, 01:18 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
DMW is phenomenal. I'm not quite finished with the first course, but I'm on class 10 and it has grown considerably. I can't wait to start course 2... I'm a little behind...
I'm up to my ears in classes I'm yet to try but then again that's a good problem to have, is it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I previewed the first three classes in Course 6. The first one was similar to Course 3 but lower impact. The second and third ones started adding the gliding discs and band. I'm happy since that is the reason why I was waiting for this course. There are not too many workouts that use the gliding discs and Pilates ring.
He uses more props in course 6 and time really flies by. As tough as some sections seem to me, it feels doable because he doesn't stay forever on each segment He also uses the tubing and the flat resistance band quite creatively
Old 12-25-15, 10:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

So far, I did 4 of the 10 classed in course 6 and I like them a lot. Just now I previewed class 5 and the music is awesome and the class looks great. Class 5 is on my schedule for tomorrow for sure. I am surprised how much I'm loving HDM courses and even though they're each more-less 60 min long and are tough, I have zero dread with these. Granted I love cardio, particularly high-intensity/low impact cardio, so these really work for me.
Old 12-25-15, 10:45 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
So far, I did 4 of the 10 classed in course 6 and I like them a lot. Just now I previewed class 5 and the music is awesome and the class looks great. Class 5 is on my schedule for tomorrow for sure. I am surprised how much I'm loving HDM courses and even though they're each more-less 60 min long and are tough, I have zero dread with these. Granted I love cardio, particularly high-intensity/low impact cardio, so these really work for me.
I was doing his free classes and got hooked on DMW. I keep telling myself to move on now that I have course 6 but so far I keep falling back. Maybe I'll start on Monday I do hope he has a New Year's sale on DMW courses!! Heck, I would even buy the first few courses if he ran that sale again.
Old 12-26-15, 05:55 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I was doing his free classes and got hooked on DMW. I keep telling myself to move on now that I have course 6 but so far I keep falling back. Maybe I'll start on Monday I do hope he has a New Year's sale on DMW courses!! Heck, I would even buy the first few courses if he ran that sale again.
His dmw classes are fantastic! I've been doing the courses & just recently started adding in the dmw classes & I am burning calories like crazy & sweating! They are no joke!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 06:04 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post

I've read as much as I can find and I think I will save for the following next: DMW#2, Course #1, DMW#3, DMW#1, maybe the Matics.
If I'm not mistaken the dmw courses build on each other & get more intense. I would start with #1. I just finished the first course & did my first from course 2 yesterday. It was definitely harder, but so relaxing at the same time. You can't go wrong with any of them

Old 12-27-15, 12:16 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken the dmw courses build on each other & get more intense. I would start with #1. I just finished the first course & did my first from course 2 yesterday. It was definitely harder, but so relaxing at the same time. You can't go wrong with any of them
Thanks for the info I would prefer to do them sequentially just for the fun factor but I have had no trouble at all with the intensity of his classes so I'm fairly sure I could start out of order. It will mostly have to depend on what's affordable. LaCatrina mentioned that any sale will be affected by popular demand. I sure hope folks demand DMW next!!Though I do regret missing the sale on courses 1-3 also.

There is no guarantee that he'll even have a New Year's sale (anybody hear anything?) as there has been no formal announcement and it's already 12/26. My 1st rotation of the new year is waiting in the wings to see how much HDM will play. I also received 4 HSM workouts for Christmas and should weave those in some place.
Old 12-27-15, 06:31 PM  
momofcha

Taiga - Hamelin just posted on Facebook that DMW course 1 & 2 will be on sale starting tomorrow!!

Old 12-27-15, 06:34 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Taiga - Hamelin just posted on Facebook that DMW course 1 & 2 will be on sale starting tomorrow!!
Music to my ears!!!! Thanks so much for letting me know
Old 12-27-15, 07:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I will pass on DMW series since I prefer workouts with cardio and barre and/or weights. DMW series doesn't seem to be my cup of tea based on description and the one free youtube class that was posted. I am however, LOVING course 6 and will definitely look into purchasing course 4 and 7 should they ever go on sale.

Tags
free, hamelin, hamelin dabell method, hdm