Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-16, 04:56 PM  
katalina

Thanks Julie! I'm loving these compilation dvds and expect to feel the same way about these. Thanks again!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 07:38 AM  
firmaniac

Reshipping Today

Miss Annette posted on Fit Fav's facebook this a.m. that the corrected multi-disc sets are being shipped today. Expected receipt for those waiting is by Friday. Yipeee!

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 06:50 AM  
firmaniac

Arrived!

The multi-disc sets arrived Wednesday! Disc 1 & 2 is in each case and now that I have them I 'get' it. I honestly did not (based on the menu and being distracted) realize when I was doing the workouts that the back cover menu didn't 'go' with the contents. I'm excited to have twice as many 15 minute sessions now. The packaging is beautiful - lovely dvd cases. I hope to rotate these in next week as I'm doing a FIRM Basics recovery from the flu month right now, and these will 'boost' my efforts up gradually while I hack up a lung.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
Old 05-19-16, 06:50 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I just ordered these. I initially wasn't sure about the "parts" workouts but for some reason the original WHFN volumes kind of drag for me. So I think having shorter options of these will suit me better. And since I am short on time, shorter workouts are better for me these days anyway.

Kind of like what someone else pointed out, I like certain segments of the DVDs and others I don't. Anyway we will give them a go.

The new Tracie Longs are coming out next week, plus Margaret Richard is having a 30% off sale. Going to be a pricey week!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 10:20 AM  
mamaste

These are both on sale at Collage for $14.99 each. Free shipping for orders over $19.
Old 05-19-16, 11:48 AM  
bubbles76

Can someone compare these to the 6 Day Trainer 6 Day Slam? Lots of repeat footage? I have 6 Day Trainer 6 Day Slam so was wondering if I needed these.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-16, 06:12 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Can someone compare these to the 6 Day Trainer 6 Day Slam? Lots of repeat footage? I have 6 Day Trainer 6 Day Slam so was wondering if I needed these.
Based on clips, it looks like there is some repeat footage. Which initially made me hesitant to order these. I have been hit and miss with the WHFNs, there are a few that I like but I seem to only like parts of them. Plus, they seem to drag for me. So, for me having many "parts" to choose from will be better than the original volumes I think. It's like having parts from the whole series in just a few DVDs.

I ordered mine from Collage, mainly because they have a Carole Paradise step DVD also that I have been wanting to try for ages. Of course I just realized I could have bought it used from Amazon for much cheaper. Oh well.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-16, 07:05 AM  
bubbles76

Tara this is what drew me to the 4 Way Quickie and 4 Way Fusion Parts as well. I like the idea of having all the strength parts and all the cardio parts from the WHFNs. And these are a lot longer than 6 Day Slam, so all the footage can't be repeats. Hmmm...
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-16, 07:18 AM  
firmaniac

Bubbles, so far I've noticed some repeats in the warmup type/beginning segments of some days. I haven't viewed them all yet. Unfortunately I work 6 days a week currently, so my hobby time is severely impacted ('hobby' haha). In the past I would've rushed to post the details/breakdowns and I miss that I can't do that now. So far I'm enjoying having the WHFN's all "parted up", and even pulled my original 14 in. wood tall box into the front of my space. Had been using the StepCo high step, and decided to go all out in the nostalgia thing. Hopefully another true fan will give more details on content.

Old 05-20-16, 07:28 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Tara this is what drew me to the 4 Way Quickie and 4 Way Fusion Parts as well. I like the idea of having all the strength parts and all the cardio parts from the WHFNs. And these are a lot longer than 6 Day Slam, so all the footage can't be repeats. Hmmm...
^ This!
I had my eyes on both these DVDs for a while now and thanks to this thread (and hint about them being on Collage for 14.99) I ordered both!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, fitfaves, fitprime, fitprime parts, kickbutt!, parts