Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-14, 08:52 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
fuzzie did these workouts a couple of days ago and thought they were the best Essentrics to date. Maybe she will chime in on her thoughts. I have only viewed and thought they looked great.
Did your try them yet?

So far I have done Ultimate Leg Sculptor and Arm Blast & Posture and I LOVE them! These may be my favorite Essentrics/CS workouts so far: I love the selection of exercises, the sequencing, the pace, Sarah's presentation... everything! They are all total body workouts (with an emphasis on a given body part); for instance, the arm workout has a fantastic standing leg lift sequence. The structure is also perfect, with a good warmup, plenty of "toning" moves and a nice thorough stretch at the end. Finally, I think the production is just lovely with the beach setting, pretty color scheme, and light upbeat music. They remind me a little of the beach workout on CS 30-Minute Express.

For the next month I plan to combine these with Yin and KY

Looking forward to the CS pros to get their hands on these and share their impressions!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 08:59 AM  
mrs lightyear

These sound wonderful. Thank you for all the feedback.

I am in love with this picture

https://twitter.com/SahraEssentrics
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 09:15 AM  
cristinalatina

Hey Jude,

I hate you.

Love,

Cristina

PS. Not true my enabler friend! Although my wallet probably does!!!
Old 05-19-14, 09:29 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I wish there were clips somewhere. I won't buy a workout without a good preview anymore.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 10:27 AM  
Carb8985

This sounds fantastic! I absolutely love Essentrics, although there is definitely a learning curve with the moves. It took me about a month before I really started to "click" with the method. There is nothing else like it on the market that combines strength and stretch so seamlessly in one workout. I love the effects that Essentrics has had on my posture and waist. The trademark moves really hit the sides and abs so well. I'm hoping that this new workout includes a lot of the signature trademark/toning moves.

I've been alternating Tonique and Essentrics for the last couple of days and am absolutely in love with the combination
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 05:55 AM  
rose2boys

Are Essentrics workouts mainly standing (love!) or mat/floor (not so much)? Also, do any of them use light weights? TIA!
Old 05-20-14, 08:05 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
Are Essentrics workouts mainly standing (love!) or mat/floor (not so much)? Also, do any of them use light weights? TIA!
It is usually a split between floor and mat work. Its often easy to choose which one you want to do from the menu. A couple of the dvds I can think of are actually split that way. Ive never done any that use light weights.
Old 05-20-14, 08:10 AM  
Ann1964

Hmmmm maybe ask for these for my Birthday coming up June 15th
I really like her.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 08:13 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
The new Classical Stretch Season 10 has all the episodes labeled either all standing, all floor, or all barre. Classical Stretch is the same thing as Essentrics...just a rebranding of the method and Miranda's daughter, Sahra, typically teaches for Essentrics releases.

With the Essentrics dvds, some are all standing and some are split standing plus barre or standing plus floor. I viewed two of the new workouts and the waist shaping one was standing and floor, the posture one was standing and barre. I haven't seen the leg shaping one but Glamgal said it was a leg burner.

CS/Essentrics don't use weights.

I think these new workouts look fresh with the beautiful locale. Sahra is beautiful and cues meticulously. It's good to see her relax and enjoy herself in front of the camera. Her personality really comes out with these workouts. I'm excited to do these workouts and to get the dvds for my collection!

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 08:52 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Did your try them yet?

So far I have done Ultimate Leg Sculptor and Arm Blast & Posture and I LOVE them! These may be my favorite Essentrics/CS workouts so far: I love the selection of exercises, the sequencing, the pace, Sarah's presentation... everything! They are all total body workouts (with an emphasis on a given body part); for instance, the arm workout has a fantastic standing leg lift sequence. The structure is also perfect, with a good warmup, plenty of "toning" moves and a nice thorough stretch at the end. Finally, I think the production is just lovely with the beach setting, pretty color scheme, and light upbeat music. They remind me a little of the beach workout on CS 30-Minute Express.

For the next month I plan to combine these with Yin and KY

Looking forward to the CS pros to get their hands on these and share their impressions!
Are these out in Canada and not in the U.S.? They sound fantastic!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, sahra esmonde-white, the esmonde technique