Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-10-13, 09:31 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
would someone kindly link the free youtube workouts? i can't find them on youtube. I'm not very resourceful, i guess.
Here's the T Tapper Central channel.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 09:32 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
I put in "T-Tapp, long" and came up with five long workouts......Tempo Torso, Tempo Arms, Ladybug combo, lower body and Maxi-Max 3 extra Cardio-Kinetic Workout.
Thanks. I'll be sure to add these to my playlist.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 10:36 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
I put in "T-Tapp, long" and came up with five long workouts......Tempo Torso, Tempo Arms, Ladybug combo, lower body and Maxi-Max 3 extra Cardio-Kinetic Workout.
Thanks for posting this.

Ive skimmed through and I like the looks of ladybug standing and tempo torso so much better than the ones I have. They take out that box move I don't like, among other things.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 07:28 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
thank you
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 08:03 AM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Where, Sharon? On youtube? Can't find them, and I'd love to take a peek!
Old 03-11-13, 08:31 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
Where, Sharon? On youtube? Can't find them, and I'd love to take a peek!
Check your PM box....I sent you a link you can try.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 09:05 AM  
prettyinpink

So, in looking into the tuck issue, I found this thread, especially Lannette's posts, helpful. http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=123933

When I tried what she suggested the tuck is, it feels fine to me and not like clenching and going very far forward. At least in that thread, she makes it seem like the point of the tuck is to counteract anterior tilt and neutralize it rather than do a posterior tilt. But if you look at Teresa in the DVDs, at least TWO and other clips I've seen, she does really move her pelvis far forward. ??

Could it be that those who have their low backs tweaked from this are those who already have decent posture and a nice lumbar curve and are not normally hunching over and sticking their bum out? I did yoga for so many years that I naturally keep a check on my posture and balance my feet. So I wonder if, for me, trying to copy the normal t-tapp tuck just flattens me out too much. Or maybe there is something else with my spine that is different from the typical person that does this.

I hope it's okay to keep posting about this, OP. It seemed like its been a topic others here are interested in, but I didn't mean to take over your thread. I hope you are getting what you need. One thing I can say is that this workout does pull everything in.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 10:27 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
So, in looking into the tuck issue, I found this thread, especially Lannette's posts, helpful. http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=123933

When I tried what she suggested the tuck is, it feels fine to me and not like clenching and going very far forward. At least in that thread, she makes it seem like the point of the tuck is to counteract anterior tilt and neutralize it rather than do a posterior tilt. But if you look at Teresa in the DVDs, at least TWO and other clips I've seen, she does really move her pelvis far forward. ??

Could it be that those who have their low backs tweaked from this are those who already have decent posture and a nice lumbar curve and are not normally hunching over and sticking their bum out? I did yoga for so many years that I naturally keep a check on my posture and balance my feet. So I wonder if, for me, trying to copy the normal t-tapp tuck just flattens me out too much. Or maybe there is something else with my spine that is different from the typical person that does this.

I hope it's okay to keep posting about this, OP. It seemed like its been a topic others here are interested in, but I didn't mean to take over your thread. I hope you are getting what you need. One thing I can say is that this workout does pull everything in.
I think you may be on to something. I have a bad swayback, so tucking in only makes my spine look/feel more normal. However, if someone already has a very straight spine/back, then maybe tucking would put undue stress in that area of their body.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 11:00 AM  
PrairieGem

Well, I certainly wouldn't describe myself as having good posture. (I'm definitely one of the hunchers!) But I've done bellydance, which starts in a tucked form, and have noticed that my normal stance does seem more neutral; I don't stand with a pronounced curve to my lower back, bum thrust out. Maybe you're onto something!
Old 03-11-13, 11:27 AM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Check your PM box....I sent you a link you can try.
Thanks a million

Tags
menopause, menopot, t-tapp, t-tapp pain, t-tapp results