Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-12, 04:16 PM  
alisoncooks

Favorite dvd WARM-UPS and COOL-DOWNS

What are your favorite dvd warm-ups and cool-downs? The ones you sometimes pull-out to use before/after other workouts...or you hold onto that dvd just for that one lil' part...

For me...
WARM-UP ~ ?? I haven't really come across a dvd warm-up I love. I did like the one from Stephanie Huckabee's Punch! workout. I like the warm-up on Muscle Max.

COOL-DOWN ~ I really enjoy the cool-down/stretch from Ruah Warrior
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 04:40 PM  
PhyllisG

I always liked Cathe's warmup. I used to think I would be happy if she would release a DVD of just her warmups. Her cool downs were pretty good also.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 05:29 PM  
deltoro

love the warmup from the TA beginner cardio dvd
deltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 05:33 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

The only ones that stick out for me are cool downs. I really really like the cool down from Stephanie Vitorino's Ultimate Body Shaper, and the cool down from Firm Express Cardio has always been a favorite of mine.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 05:36 PM  
normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I always liked Cathe's warmup. I used to think I would be happy if she would release a DVD of just her warmups. Her cool downs were pretty good also.
Exactly my thoughts on the warmups -- especially the Gym Styles. I keep wishing I could figure out how to put just those parts onto one DVD. That would be my ideal low impact cardio workout! Cool downs, I always improvise and do my own.
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 06:06 PM  
momof10

I love Cathe's warm ups, too, especially the one from Crossfire. The best warm ups in the world for me are Horizontal Conditioning. It is a mini workout in itself. I always find myself saying, so is this still the warm up. LOL. My favorite cool down is from Fierce Force. It just feels good.

Cheryl
Old 07-13-12, 06:09 PM  
fatkat555

I've always loved the warm-up on Firm Cadio Split 1 with Jen Carmen. Something about the music makes me want to get moving.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 07:19 PM  
txfitmom

I hardly ever do cooldowns, I know that is bad, but I am impatient. The warm-ups that I remember liking the most are from Cathe, KCM, and CLX or TF. If I am looking for a more relaxed warm-up then Margaret Richard is good.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 08:04 PM  
Cher

I think my favorite warm-up is from Cathe's Intensity dvd. My favorite cool-down stretch is probably from Cathes Legs & Glutes. I also keep her High Step Challenge just because I like the abs &stretch on that one. I can't rememberthe last time I've done any of the other parts of that dvd.

As others have said, I would also like a dvd with a bunch of Cathes warm-ups for a lighter cardio day. I wish I could figure out how to do that myself.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 08:39 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I love the warm-up and cool-down (stretch) from Cathe's Turbo Barre.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooldown, favorites, stephanie vitorino, warm ups, warm-up, warmup