Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-12, 10:26 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Jewels, my weighted bar is 10 lbs. Yes, I think she says no more than a 12 lb bar. I really liked the kickbox surge, clever indeed.
Thanks, Mary. Mine weighs 9 lbs but I opted for the wimpy broomstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I use a either a 4lb body bar or my unloaded barbell which weighs 6lbs. Any heavier and I'm afraid of it aggravating my shoulders.
Oh, that's a great idea using the unloaded barbell; I'll have to try that. I have an iffy shoulder that I have to be careful of too.
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 07:27 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness TLC (Train Like a Contender). Love it! It's fun! The time just flies. With the premixes (which I still haven't done them all) there is a lot of versatility. Workout one is the one I do most often.

I also like the Punch Mix on her Kickboxing dvd. I can't remember the rest of that dvd because every time I pick it up (which is often), I do the Punch Mix. Once again -- I think it's fun!

Kelly made me love kickboxing/boxing!!
Kathy
Kathy - We must be cut from the same fabric!!! I love both of these workouts - and I do the same thing with her kickboxing DVD. I only wish she had all of the upper body combos in the premix - that would be the icing on the cake!

I also love Cathe's Kick, Punch & Crunch and her 4 Day Split Kickboxing workout.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 09:24 PM  
Cassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
Collage Video classifies it as intermediate, and considering I didn't have a weighted ball or broomstick I would agree with that. But, using a medicine ball and/or a weighted body bar would definitely push up the intensity! (Had I had both I know I wouldn't have made it the whole way through!) But then again, I am working on increasing my cardio endurance back up so I'm not sure if I'm a fair judge. I can keep up with Cathe's MMA Kickbox no problem and they classify that one as advanced.
Thanks for the feedback.

For some reason I can't find my copy of Cathe's Kick punch crunch. I seem to remember part of it also being included in another one of Cathe's compilations. Anyone know?
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 09:28 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

For some reason I can't find my copy of Cathe's Kick punch crunch. I seem to remember part of it also being included in another one of Cathe's compilations. Anyone know?
Cassy, I believe it's her Timesaver workout you are referring to (part of the Body Blast Series).
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 11:19 PM  
Cassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
Cassy, I believe it's her Timesaver workout you are referring to (part of the Body Blast Series).
Thanks!
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 11:36 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
What about Guillermo Gomez? Comments on his?
I still use Hardcore kickboxing circuit w. Guillermo & Janis Saffell (I really like Guillermo's combos). I don't have his new ones yet to compare.

I also like alot of the other videos already mentioned (cathe, kcm, ilaria, susan chung).

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 08:31 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Taebo Advanced Live Vol 3.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 08:59 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyndoug View Post
Anything by Kim Spreen... her workouts are fun, not dread-factor intense, and she has a very sweet, engaging personality.
I agree. I also really like Kimberly Spreen's Combat Cardio Surge workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 09:27 AM  
sherry7899

If you have the free on Demand Sporskool Exercise channel (I have it on Verizon Fios) they have Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge on there now.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 09:44 AM  
dela

It's not a video, and not exactly kickboxing, but I wanted add just how much I am LOVING the Bas Rutten audio cds "Mixed martial arts workout". So far I have done boxing and Muay Thai, and am seriously in love. I have not done them on a bag yet, and like to add them with another 30-45 minute workout. Next up is All around fighting!

There is nothing else like it where you can just focus on the punching and move so fast, being able to just listen to the queues and respond instead of trying to watch it works so much better for me for punching.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite workouts, favorites, kickbox, kickboxing