Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-11, 07:03 AM  
topfitmama

Some of my favorites:
- Tracey Mallett's circuits. They just fly by!
- I second Alikruegs' P57 recommendation. The workouts are intense, but Tanya makes them very doable and even enjoyable.
- Prevention's Walk Your Way Slim is new to me and I'm really liking it. No dread factor, and both Michelle and her background exercisers seem so down to earth it's like working out with friends.
- Ellen Barret's workouts for whet you don't want to put shoes on but still want to sweat.
- The Firm Cardio Dance Express. Fun!!!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 07:12 AM  
violingal3

Tae Bo - just the few I have are so different from anything else I have, DH always thinks there's a party in the basement when I do those!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 07:31 AM  
andtckrtoo

Zumba - I love both sets.
PeakFit - love the energy and the format
Turbo Fire - Chalene is just too darned cute.
Eoin Finn's Blissology - I feel refreshed after these.
Cathe's IMax 2 - the one workout I am guaranteed to finish even when I just "don't wanna".
Aerobox - I just love Michael.

And YES - it's so nice to read what everyone has fun with. After all - isn't that the point? This thread helped me figure out what to do this morning. PeakFit Cardio Strength 1. I wanted a circuit that is core intensive. This one is perfect.
Old 10-05-11, 07:38 AM  
Breezy Trousers

I have zillions of workouts I love to do, but I'm careful about characterizing any as true "FUN." When it gets down to it, it's the music and/or good will that makes workouts fun for me. As someone mentioned in an earlier thread, it's tough to find workouts with good music anymore.

I loved the music in Cathe's old Power Max workout, but few workouts have soundtracks like that anymore.

Right now, after 14 years of fairly hardcore workouts, I'm apparently turning soft. I bought some Richard Simmons workouts. (There. I said it. I'm officially outed.) .... Now, that dude is FUN. High camp? Absolutely. Cheesy? But of course! But unabashed, joyous fun. He's certainly unique in the fitness world, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

My old Zumba DVD (the first one) is great fun, as is the original lighthearted Yoga Booty Ballet workout (which I seldom do because I don't feel worked out by it).

Leslie Sansone's WATP Four Mile Express Super Challenge workout makes me happy. The workout isn't really anything to write home about, but the kindness and goodwill between Leslie and her crew always touches me.

The old Tae Bo Advanced Lives are fun, too.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 08:13 AM  
roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinan View Post
In the spirit of remotivating myself to move again, and because the thought has reignited the 'collector' in me to purchase all the best fun workouts ever made... I was hoping everyone could post their fave workouts dvds of all time

I love anything that has great music and is super fun to do. I am going to try and purge all of my dvds that pose a 'dread' factor for me.

Here are some old loves of mine (pardon me for not having all the titles but its been a while and I need to go through my collection ) :

- anything Keli Roberts
- Chalene looks fun; I need to pull out my Turbo Jams and maybe get some others!
- old Firms (something fun about watching these...)
- Yoga (Yoga Zones, Shiva Rea, Eric Shiffman) - I'd like to try Eoin Finn; have PY4H that I need to sample
- Cathe strength vids

Dread factors for me are, unfortunately ones I really wanted to love! Some that always seem too tough are:
- Tae Bo
- any step or complex choreo (can't seem to get the hang of any moves...)
- any bootcamp ones that are too serious, too strict and filmed too dark - I tend to love colourful workouts

I'll keep looking to see which ones I seriously need for my collection as I read what you all consider faves with lots of fun and enjoyment factor. There is something about collecting really great workouts that gets me motivated!

TIA
I agree! I like a nice set-- outdoor especially. Good music is a must for me too. It doesn't have to be recognizable or have vocals either-- just has to appeal to me and have a good, driving beat.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 09:40 AM  
MM-Om

My latest love- Debra Mazda Let's Get Moving #1. Love the music in this one, it really makes me move
Old 10-05-11, 11:44 AM  
horsemom2

MUVE has become my favorite fun workout
www.muve.com

Yeah the graphics can be annoying but worth the small distraction for music only fun moves.
Great on the rebounder and the chair stuff can be done on a stability ball.

Online clips can be used instead of or in addition to their 2 dvds.

Barb S
who has edited some of their radio shows on my blog
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 11:30 AM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Right now, after 14 years of fairly hardcore workouts, I'm apparently turning soft. I bought some Richard Simmons workouts. (There. I said it. I'm officially outed.) .... Now, that dude is FUN. High camp? Absolutely. Cheesy? But of course! But unabashed, joyous fun. He's certainly unique in the fitness world, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.
I think Richard is fun. And recognizable music, too!

My other favorites are the kind of dance workouts where you're learning a little routine. It makes it feel less like a "workout". Like the 2nd half of Sweating Sexy, or Carmen Electra Vegas Strip.
Old 10-06-11, 12:18 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I'm a friend of Richard's on Facebook - his updates make me smile. I absolutely agree that he's unique in a wonderful way. I love that he is so comfortable with himself that he's not afraid to project that zaniness to the world. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for him.
Old 10-06-11, 01:36 PM  
imhere2dance

I do these workouts all the time:

Cardio

Walk Your Way Slim (Michelle Dozois)
Walk & Groove (George Foreman and Petra Kolber)
The Secret to Weight Loss, Vol. 2 (PJ O'Clair)
Fat Burning Workout for Dummies (Gay Gasper)

I'm a huge Leslie Sansone fan. My favorites of hers are:

Walk Slim: 3 Fast Miles!
Walk Away the Pounds Express: Super Challenge
Walk Now
(with Walk Leader Brittany Ullrich)

Strength

Body Makeover Mix (Denise Austin)
Basic Ab Workout for Dummies (Gay Gasper)
15-Minute Workouts for Dummies (Gay Gasper)
I Want That Body! (Tamilee Webb)
Curl (Kari Anderson)

And as far as Pilates goes, you can't go wrong with Ana Cabán! My favorites are:

Cardio Pilates
Quick Start Pilates for Weight Loss
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite workouts, favorites, fun workouts