Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-19, 04:14 PM  
Swissmom

https://archive.org/

From the archive.org website:

Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.

Enter the book, choose search text contents

I am currently reading two of her books for free. Now or Never and Definition.

You read the books online.

If you read it, then want to have a physical copy, you can buy it elsewhere.
Swissmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 10:12 PM  
lisarah

Thanks Swissmom!!!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:09 AM  
Swissmom

Hi Lisa! You are welcome!

When you use the site, you can also enter the author's name or a subject. I have used this site for a long time now.

One tip for those of us who are small print challenged. My chrome book is connected to my tv so I am able to read the books. It makes it like one giant kindle. I sit on my couch, have my coffee and use my wireless mouse to scroll down.

I love reading health and fitness books in the morning before I workout. I find it gives me the motivation to keep going in my fitness journey.
Swissmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:20 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissmom View Post
Hi Lisa! You are welcome!

When you use the site, you can also enter the author's name or a subject. I have used this site for a long time now.

One tip for those of us who are small print challenged. My chrome book is connected to my tv so I am able to read the books. It makes it like one giant kindle. I sit on my couch, have my coffee and use my wireless mouse to scroll down.

I love reading health and fitness books in the morning before I workout. I find it gives me the motivation to keep going in my fitness journey.
You're a genius.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 10:34 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did my first Joyce workout ever this morning -- from the Fat Burning book. Is anyone interested in a Joyce Vedral checkin for motivation?
Old 11-04-19, 11:55 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'm interested, although my checkins will be sporadic. We have a new puppy that is a handful, especially with the demands of my current job!

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 01:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I did Bone Building Body Shaping workout #1 and half of #2 yesterday and today, respectively.

because she has 15 second rests between sets, I was able to heavy up. she uses the pyramid system in this one, and Martha is counting the reps.

I used 5, 8, 10# DBs, and even combined a 10# + 8# dumbbells for French press. for the LB portion in Workout #1, I used a 36# body bar for the squats, and in one case combined my 15# and 12# bodybars for one of the sets.

i'm surprised how much I am enjoying this DVD.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 05:50 PM  
creatrix

Joyce check-in

I'd be interested in a check-in! I decided to do the Fat Burning Workout (from the book) for the rest of the year.
creatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 07:19 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatrix View Post
I'd be interested in a check-in! I decided to do the Fat Burning Workout (from the book) for the rest of the year.
The check-in is located here, http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227177. I'm switching between Fat Burning and Definition, some yoga in between.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 09:25 PM  
creatrix

Thank you!

Tags
college dorm workout, definition, dynamic tension, joyce vedral, significant weight loss, weight loss, weights only