Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-13, 05:30 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I did Lindsay Brin's Bootcamp 2 after baby #3 and something about the way she explained how to engage your abs has helped me in every ab workout I've done since. I tried to find an online video of her explanation for you, but so far no luck. If you come across an inexpensive copy of her Bootcamp 2 or the core workouts from Pretty Fierce Weight Loss, they both have the explanation. Some of her other workouts might too, I'm not sure.

It's almost like doing the barre pelvic tuck while lying down. She emphasizes relaxing your glutes and not engaging your hip flexors and using your pelvic floor and abs instead.

I did the core work from Tabatacise today and used that and could actually see the difference while I did the (ridiculous number of) crunches.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-13, 07:47 PM  
kristiep

Here's a workout on Lindsay's blog where she gives some instruction on the pelvic tilt technique that Pratima references:

http://www.lindsaybrin.com/search/label/free%20workouts

Scroll to the workout labeled "Diastasis Recti Core Workout." She gives a lot of instruction on that form she wants you to have. Looking at her free workouts are making me very interested in her Pretty Fierce programs!

Here's another link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udvUXBGAdJ8

Last edited by kristiep; 02-15-13 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Found another video link to share
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belly fat, menopot, pooch