Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-21, 04:51 PM  
Weezie69

Speaking of bikes

Thank you ladies for such great suggestions. I will definitely look into these. I love my at home bikes and the one I have is from the stone age.
Weezie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 08:52 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
The Schwinn IC4 has a tablet holder and the screen displays cadence. I use it with Peloton, Les Mills, and iFit. I usually stream those on my TV with the Fire Stick. The Schwinn doesn't show watts (power) but otherwise has worked really well for me!
Consumer Reports recently reviewed 6 spin bikes all magnetic resistance similar to the Peleton. Four of the six were recommended and it included the Schwinn IC4. The highest price bike was the Peloton at $1900 and the lowest was IC4 at $900. The only con listed was that the bottle holder may impede tall riders.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 03:37 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Back to the original question, I have a BIKE very similar to some of the Sunny Health exercise bikes. The seat is about 15" wide and no way the Zacro covers would fit on it. I finally read in a review that someone resorted to a recumbent exercise bike seat cover and checked those out. I ordered THIS ONE from Domain Cycling on Amazon but haven't had a chance to check it out because we are moving. With little notice so it may be a while before I can reach my bike much less set it up.
It looks like Sunny Health may no longer make one similar to mine so this may not be that relevant. I think the first one of these I had was a Sunny Health. I gave it to a neighbor rehabbing from knee surgery when we were moving and when I went to buy another the brand designation had changed.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 06:31 PM  
nd2325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
The Schwinn IC4 has a tablet holder and the screen displays cadence. I use it with Peloton, Les Mills, and iFit. I usually stream those on my TV with the Fire Stick. The Schwinn doesn't show watts (power) but otherwise has worked really well for me!

There is an app called kinetic that you can connect via bluetooth to get your watts on your IC4. If you use an ipad you can put kinetic right over the right side of your peloton app (it will cover the list of people in the class). I think mpaceline does also.

Tags
bike seat, spin bike, spin bikes