Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-09-21, 07:44 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 3 Cardio, some yoga/stretches on my own. We flew to Catalina today and hiked the airport loop trail.

Anita, what fun working with ducklings - I love ducklings. So nice your visiting student wants to volunteer in the WRC too. I think this will be a nic experience for you. When you want an easy vacation (read, reduced scheduling etc.) there's nothing like a cruise. Once you make the reservation and get there, everything else is pretty easy. Probably why cruise vacations are popular.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 07:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was another day of catching up. I slept in some and felt pretty good post infusion. This morning, I spent cleaning up stuff and putting things away. This afternoon, I took DH to a medical appointment. I sent out an email to the people I tutored before we left that I'm back and open for business, so I may pick up some tutoring sessions in the coming days.

Anita - It actually sounds like a fun thing to do. You'll probably use the various forms of the word "putzing' a lot less... It's neat that she wants to work at the WRC.

Paula - When are you going on the cruise? I hope you have great weather. When we went on our Alaska cruise, we had fabulous weather, better than back home.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 07:27 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing Carcassonne this morning, then walking Gus before it gets too hot. Otherwise putzing around...

Laura, yes, she has an interest in veterinary medicine, but we'd only do animal care at WRC - feed and cleaning poop. I don't know what she might do at school as activities after school, so the day is kind of hard to set this early. I'd probably just add another day to my week helping out there - I haven't done any evening shifts there.

Paula, I haven't looked at really big cruises yet - just kind of irritates me to pay double as a single traveler for most of them. Glad you had a nice walk at your Catalina airport!

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 05:07 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was another busy day. This morning, I ran errands - exchanging books at the library, getting the oil changed in my car, and picking up prescriptions. This afternoon, I took DH to a medical appointment.

Paula - Hope Catalina Island was nice. It really is nice when you get on a cruise ship and get settled in. Things get simpler.

Anita - Some cruise lines like Norwegian Cruise Lines have solo cabins. They premiered the concept and have more than other cruise lines. Here's an article about them and other options for solo travelers - Article. I'd think that if the student hadn't had experience working in veterinary/animal settings that she would be excited by the opportunity to work in a place like that.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 06-10-21, 08:07 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a neighborhood walk with DH and a Pahla B's Body Sculpting Day 4 monderate strength.

Anita, sounds as though you're really looking forward to your student visitor. I think cruise lines are all offering options for single cruisers now - smaller rooms for a reduced price. Or you could find a friend to go with you.

Laura, Catalina is usually nice. We had a nice hike, it was hot and windy, but we had a nice day. You had a busy day - time for a nap.
Old 06-11-21, 06:36 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the adult portion of WRC this morning. Then walking Gus - hoping the temps are down a bit from before although we'll still be in the 90s and raining today. Otherwise putzing.

Laura, nice to hear about solo travel possibilities - this doubling up in price is getting kind of old...

Paula, I'm hoping this student visitor time will be good - I've got to fill out some schooling forms for her today.

Anita
Old 06-11-21, 12:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was another catch-up day. We changed the sheets on the bed and washed the covers. I made phone calls I have needed to make, and I ordered our friend's wedding present and had it shipped. I tried to get an adjustment from the chiropractor, but there was a new patient ahead of me and that always takes a while and I didn't want to wait. I'm supposed to have a crafting session with friends at 2:00, so I need to go get ready for that. Not sure what I'm going to get into, but I've missed crafting.

Anita - Yeah, it has been hot here, too. Yesterday we had a major rain storm move through. Before the rain, it was 91. Afterward, it was 77. Have to say that was a relief.

Paula - haha. Yeah, I felt like a nap yesterday. It has been nice to have a less busy day today. Happy Friday!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 06-11-21, 08:32 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Happy Friday. Workout this morning was a neighborhood walk with DH and Pahla B Body Shaping Day 5 - Core.

Workers here all day - they are still here. Shower is looking good though.

Anita, hoping the temp wasn't too hot for you and Gus to get in a nice walk today. Yeah, I think most cruise lines are learning that they lose business when they can't give solo travelers an affordable price. I hope you and the student become good friends.

Laura, Hope you were able to get to your crafting class. Yeah, a good rain often brings relief. A good nap also brings relief.
Old 06-12-21, 08:13 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus - cooler weather today than what we've had, but still 10 degrees hotter than normal. Geez, how bad is it when you appreciate 10 degrees hotter over 20 degrees hotter? Some of my flowers have done a quick bloom and get done this past week, kind of sorry not to see them in bloom more. And I've lost some grass I planted this spring - couldn't survive the heat and dryness. Our State Fair has decided to open up normally (Aug 26-Sept 6) and have people out there without masks this year - you can wear a mask if you want though. Sounds like life is returning to normal soon. I did get my student registered with school, but will need to get together with them to register for classes this fall.

Laura, I'll be washing my sheets and covers today also - did area rugs yesterday as Gus had a bit of a puke fest on one. Clothing wash this evening. Today we'll get up to 87, but less humidity.

Paula, I did take a little longer walk with Gus yesterday, but made sure he had access to two places to get water along the way. No dry walks right now. I hope the friend thing with the student works out also - we did become friends on FB so we can see each other's activities and life currently.

Anita
Old 06-12-21, 10:38 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We're having a lazier day today. I do have a tutoring session this afternoon and I need to cook something for dinner. The virtual crafting session happened yesterday afternoon and last night I went over and hung out with my parents. It was good to spend some time with them since it had been a while.

Anita - I hope it cools down soon. Sorry about your grass. The waste of time, money, and effort has to be frustrating. It's good you got the initial work done in registering the student.

Paula - We commented yesterday that these virtual crafting sessions feel like an old practice (of women getting together to create things) in a very new way. It's fun to get together with old friends in that way.

Laura's Workout Mantras: