Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-21, 01:47 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Barefoot & On the Mat June 2021: Stop in and say hello!

Welcome to the monthly Barefoot & On the Mat (aka Mat Mavens) check-in for June 2021!

We are a small, cozy, and welcoming group who perform a wide variety of workouts, but we have a special love for those that are performed barefoot. If you are a fan of such workouts (Barre, Pilates, Yoga, Fusion, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Ellen Barret, Kettlebells, etc.,), or even traditional workouts performed barefoot, you are welcome. And even if you wear shoes for such workouts, come on in!

Our welcome mats are always rolled out, and we love hearing from new, returning, and guest Mat Mavens!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 01:51 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I just realized we needed a June month so I thought I'd start us off.

Here is my post for today:

Yesterday after my first short post, I kept getting the 500 Internal Error all day/night and could never make another post.

Today I did:
Ballet Beautiful Classic (Inner Thigh workout; Outer Thigh workout)

Before BB Classic, I started Ballet Beautiful Blast Series Butt Part 1 and after about 5 minutes I Joni-Oed it! I wasn't in the mood for on "all 4's".

Sandra, one annoyance with my Triple Threat was I couldn't re-wind, it would only fast-forward through an exercise so to go backward, I had to go to the menu and start again at the beginning of the exercise.
I'm glad your baby toe is better.

Cyana, if I lived near you, I'd help you with food prep and house work. Kitchen work isn't so boring when you have someone to share it with.

Beth, like Cyana, I admired the wide variety of workouts you had in your week.

Pat, that donkey video made me cry.
I can't wait to see the osprey eggs hatch!
Old 06-01-21, 02:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thanks for starting us for June! I have had a bit more energy the past week or two so have been seeking out new workouts. I think I have now down kettlebells 3 or so days in a row!

Sorry about the repeated errors. I haven't had it in awhile, but that just means that I'm due.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 05:59 PM  
cyana

Today:
warm up on rebounder
BFR training: chest - chest presses on the stability ball while simultaneously doing a bridge with lower body - 30 reps x 3 sets/5 lb DB's. Back - bent over rows 30 reps x 3 sets. Used 8 lbs for the first two sets and then dropped down to 5 lbs. for the last one.
Essentrics TV - 5.27.2021 Aging Backward practice with Dyan. I wanted to repeat this, as I was having a bad hip day when I did it the first time and felt like I was taking my castor oil to make myself do an Essentrics work-out that day. My hips and mood were in a much better place today and I thought Dyan did a good job teaching an AB work-out, as her instructions were very clear and she did things such as turn sideways so you could get an accurate picture of the moves. There have been many times over the years when I'd stop and scratch my head because I wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to be doing during a C/S practice. I hope she will do more videos.

Paine
- Thanks for getting us started for the new month. I'd love to have you come over to help with some kitchen food prep and house work. I swear I wouldn't make you scrub toilets, LOL!!!!

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 10:18 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Paine, thanks so much for starting us off this month!

My injured baby toe continues to improve. The purple color and the "ouchiness" are almost gone, and the swelling has started to decrease. This morning I put on sandals for a short walk around my complex and my toe did fine -- which is good since I go back to work at the library tomorrow!

Today's Workout: For Day 4 of Jessica Smith's Summer of Strength rotation I did her YouTube selection, which was Short & Sweet Stretch. Only 15 minutes! I didn't like it as much as the 15-minute Total Stretch on Walk Strong 3, but it was still nice, and Peanut was extra-cute in this one.

Hope everyone has a great week!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 08:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, didn't Jessica have a baby awhile back? Does she ever show her baby on YouTube?

cyana, how was your transition back to work? Hope it wasn't too arduous!

It was a beautiful day here yesterday for my first official day of my 2 months' leave! I sat outside on our porch for awhile reading a new book by Stephen King, taught a nice group for yoga class last night, and enjoyed strolling along the canal in the sunlit evening after class.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-02-21, 08:46 AM  
cyana

Popping in for a quick wave. Work-out is TBD.

Sandra - I'm glad to hear your toe is improving.

Beth - The return to work wasn't as bad as I expected, but I'm working on something huge and tedious today and needed to take a quick brain break. Sounds like you had a really nice day yesterday - including the walk along the canal. What's the new Stephen King book? I haven't read his books in years, but The Stand is one of my all-time favorites.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 09:51 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga with Kim Eng (Yin Yoga 2 practice)
Essentrics

Yesterday I walked to the park with my 6 year old grandson so he could play at the park.

Beth, it's nice you have been enjoying your kettlebells.

I'm waving to everyone!
Old 06-02-21, 01:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, the King book is Later and I'm over halfway through already! It's one of his "hard case crime" books. I didn't like the first of these, The Colorado Kid, but I loved the second, Joyland.

Paine glad you got in another walk! It's been nice to get back to kettlebells - I enjoy them but don't always have the stamina for them.

Got a haircut today!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-02-21, 03:02 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm home sick with a horrible allergy/sinus attack. Too dizzy and painful to drive. DH is picking up my steroid script, yuck.

Tragedy at the nest. It was raided by crows. I've been noticing that the eggs are periodically left unattended. I think this may be the couple's first clutch, the male particularly seems inexperienced and confused by the process. There's one egg left but they're not being protective of it.

Nature brings us such joy, but also reveals the harshness of survival to us.

Anyway - I hope to be back at the office tomorrow and come back to chat about workouts!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote