Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-21, 02:50 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

Jenny Ford - 5 Day JumpStart Step and Weights - this is a series of 5 10 min workouts - they are circuits - step (for about 5 min) and weights (5 min). I did all of them in a row. This one was filmed outdoors in the snow!

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga Flow

Low key day here today - not complaining about that!

Carol - thanks for mentioning FW - I will check out her site. I used to be a member, but found I wasn't using it often enough so I didn't renew. Plus I have many of her DVDs so if I'm in the mood for her workouts I can always pop in a DVD. I really enjoyed Pahla's workouts for June.

Dana - it sounds like you are enjoying SBF!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 03:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Today is my Day 4 of SBF free trial and again there was no video to try. Another rest day. So, in 4 days there were only 2 videos. I think I would prefer to be allowed 7 days of real free access to try whatever videos I wanted. Even though I'm familiar with Suzanne, it's been several years since I've worked out with her - other than the past 2 days. That's OK though because tomorrow morning I'm going to sign up for membership so that I can actually do the workouts. I'm either going to do her Adversity 28-Day program or start with Back to the Barre Beginner program which also runs for 28 days. Her membership is only $14.99/month so it's affordable and won't break me for sure! Back to the Barre: https://suzannebowenfitness.com/plan...-workout-plan/

Carol, I looked at the youtube video of your new toy. What do you hook it up to? I'll be curious to know how you like it.

Donna, nothing wrong with a low key day. Enjoy! I'm having one of those myself but I have not worked out today and most likely won't. I'm feeling lazy.

Waves to all!
Old 06-12-21, 03:23 PM  
donnamp

Carol - I forgot to click the link - interesting - i'll be waiting to hear what you think and how it works. I'm wondering where i could anchor such a thing.....b/c it looks good!

Donna
Old 06-12-21, 05:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

You can anchor the toy around a pillar, railing, piece of furniture, door hinge, tree, etc. The usual suspects. Scroll down and it has suggestions: https://mycorefirst.com/

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 07:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Pahla B - June workout #6 - 24 minutes
This was a pure strength workout with fairly traditional exercises to work bigger muscle groups. I intended to add something else on - maybe a short lower body strength workout, but I didn't get to it.

Carol
Old 06-13-21, 07:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Serene Strength - this is her new workout on her streaming site - Standing, light body weight strength/fusion.

I may add something else on later.

Carol - I really enjoyed that routine from Pahla - it made strength training enjoyable for me which is a feat, LOL! I did figure out that doing circuits is fine, i like doing circuit workouts - it is just straight up strength that I don't particularly love. But, i do know i need to do strength training to keep myself functional as I age. My mom was a complete disaster, unable to get out of a chair! My Dad is not much better. I don't want to end up like that.

Also - I checked out the Faithful Workouts website, I like the updates and it looks like she has some new workouts up!

Can't decide if I want to play around with Michelle's site or go back to Jessica Valent or do something else...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 06-13-21, 08:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol that toy looks a little like a TRX. And the workout background looks so inviting! Definitely let us know your thoughts. Btw, did I ever ask you your final verdict of the door Barre you purchased?

Dana Suzanne seems like a sweetie but it doesn't sound like the 7 day trial was really a good trial. So odd to have two rest days in a 7 day trial. Also, I thought her monthly streaming price would be higher so that sounds promising!

Donna are you needing one of those sites for your strength training or are you sticking with Pahla's for that? Ellen's title 'Serene strength ' sounds lovely.

Folks, I'm beat up.. literally too. I have bumps and scratches and bruises from above my knee to above my ankle. I have been doing my mobility and classical stretch so I don't feel as bad as I look, lol. But I'm tired. One lady that started with me gave up. She had two more show up and I finally threw in the towel before I hurt myself. I feel good about that because I helped with some of the living room, and the big bonus room which served as a schoolroom and two girls' bedroom. It's a long story but trust me when I say that it was ALOT. I spent my time sorting, forcing purging and donating. Then hauling bags and boxes downstairs then loading/unloading to thrift stores. I honestly don't know if she will be done by the time the movers get there today but I can't keep up the pace anymore. All of that should have been done months ago instead of trying to cram it into packing/moving. It just reinforces my commitment to keep purging items in my home.

So if I do any formal exercise it will be minimal. I need to rest.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 10:11 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I did not like the door barre. It was not stable enough on my rather narrow door. Maybe it would have been better with a regular width door?

I do like - no, love - my Booty Kicker Barre though.

Carol
Old 06-13-21, 12:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

We just got back from a wonderful walk in our local forest preserve. Well, I walked and my couch potato DH hung out on the bench by the river. He humored me and went with me today because while I don't ask for much, there are some things that he knows better than to say no to. Of course I can go by myself but he knows the area is really pretty and there are plenty of benches for him to sit on. In the morning it was in the low 80's with no humidity. Perfect day!

Linda, wow! What a friend you are. Get some rest!

Carol, I don't have a door per se in my exercise room so I tend to avoid fitness toys that I have to hook on doors and/or door knobs. Even if I had a door, I would be affraid that I would pull it out of hinges and in case of door knobs - rip them off the door. I wish I had a Booty Kicker Barre but I have a Fluidity barre that I got cheap on Craigslist few years ago. I like it, but it's a bear to move around.

I did get another sample workout from Suzanne today and plan to do it either later or tomorrow because I'm sure that tomorrow will be another "take a rest" day and no video. I haven't signed up yet but I will in the next few days.

Waves to Donna, Christine, Cheri and Brenda!
Old 06-13-21, 08:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Pahla B - June workout #7 - 23 minutes;
This was a stepstool cardio workout, but we only had to go up the stepstool, and not back down. My heartrate got up and I got a little sweaty.

Faithful Workouts - Lower Body in Costa Rica - 17 minutes
Michelle filmed this one on her recent retreat to Costa Rica. She commented a couple of times about how hot it was there, and I'm sure it was a huge change from her Colorado climate.

Luckily, I have multiple doors where this toy will work. Linda, you get the award for the best and most handy friend to have around for a move.

Carol