Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-21, 09:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Very quick check in - things are crazy at work...

Today was:

Gina B- Beginner Walking Workout 2,000 steps - she is releasing a beginner series one song/500 steps at a time. It really isn't beginner per se it is very similar to her other walks, it is just being released in a way that a beginner can start at 500 steps and work up to 5,000 steps.

Jessica Valent - 10 in 10 Pilates - Pilates Power Workout -

Blogilates - Total Body Stretch - this was a total wildcard, but I enjoyed the music in Gina's workout and thought I'd try to find another w/ music (so funny b/c I can workout w/ Pahla B - no music and Jessica V - again no music!) and found this on her playlist for today. (She does a monthly calendar and she lists a playlist for each day on her You Tube Channel).
Anyway -this was a pretty good stretch - mainly for lower body/hips.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 03:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Travis' Ultimate Yogi Flexibility workout! It was a long one, much like the others in the set and over an hour!

Yesterday we were out and about running errands and got home late. I did do some yoga before bed with Barbara Benagh's AM/PM Yoga for Beginners. Some of the stretches are great, but editing is a bit choppy as they take exercises from other parts of the DVD, and it doesn't always flow. You'll just be finishing an exercise and she tells you to go into child's pose, and then there will be a cut to her doing something completely different. It's very restorative and relaxing with props, other than the above mentioned.

I also added Sara Ivanhoe's Crunch Candlelight Yoga and Sara has such a calming voice and presence. Even with it's popularity on VF I was kind of iffy about it last night. Maybe because I see how flexible in forward fold or straddle position all of the video participants are in and feel intimidated by them, LOL! Funny, I was searching for this DVD on my shelf last night and knew I had it, but couldn't find it! I was remembering it having a purple cover. Well no, that's Ellen's Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates workout which I did a lot! No wonder I had that DVD in my head!

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 09:59 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was my volunteer filing. I meant to do Dr. Jo's new yoga stretch, but then I found out dh had volunteered us to babysit. I didn't mind, he's a nice kid, but I didn't get my yoga in. Today was WS1 Upper Body workout. I have to say, WS1 is my favorite rotation.

I feel bad for the lady I file for at the office. Her sister needs back surgery and her mother needs knee surgery, and she feels pulled 15 different ways. Plus, she is a single mom. She was really stressed yesterday.

Dd was a bit stressed today when she found out how much her car insurance was going to cost. I felt bad for her, but that's how it is when you move out. She's feeling better now, after the sticker shock passed.

It was 106 today and humidity was 4%. I could tell, I can feel the dry air on my skin. Sunday is supposed to be 115, and Tuesday 117. Very hot week next week. The end of June is usually the hottest of the year.

Donna, I've never tried Blogilates. I know you're the opposite, but that's partly why I like strength workouts, for the stress relief.

Pam, you are amazing doing so that much yoga in one day. I feel so much better when I do it, I need to get in gear and do some tonight.
Old 06-12-21, 02:53 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

Jenny Ford - 5 Day JumpStart Step and Weights - this is a series of 5 10 min workouts - they are circuits - step (for about 5 min) and weights (5 min). I did all of them in a row. This one was filmed outdoors in the snow!

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga Flow

Low key day here today - not complaining about that!

Sherry - your poor co-worker! Glad your DD is feeling a little bit better, it is good to learn those lessons, I suppose! I definitely am a cardio girl. I realized today that I don't mind doing weights if I can do some cardio in between - so I guess circuits are my thing.

Pam - you are doing great w/ your yoga rotation.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
Old 06-12-21, 05:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

We went on a two hour walking tour in New Bedford today! The weather was perfect! Also met up with some friends for lunch afterward for a very nice afternoon.

I'm pretty beat because I didn't rest well last night.

Sherry, I think WS1 may be my favorite as well, but I also enjoy WS2. We have weather on phones and PC so I always know how hot it is in Phoenix on any given day. We compare Phoenix, Minneapolis and Providence side-by-side.

Donna, I still haven't done much stepping with Jenny, though have a few of her step workouts. I tend to prefer simple cardio (walking) or with weights, but my preference would be weights given the choice between the two!

Enjoy the weekend.

Waves to Liz and wishiwasinhawaii!

April Focus:
Old 06-12-21, 07:37 PM  
Leonana

I did Jessica’s 12 Minute Low Impact Cardio Blast, then her 8 Minute Standing Stretch. I did try a few minutes of Pahla’a Cardio and Tone, but it didn’t click with me. Maybe I’m just grumpy today!

Donna, good job on the weights. I’m glad you are having a more relaxing day. I know I need to let dd take responsibility, but it’s hard! Especially when she got a bit teary eyed about it. But she wanted to move out, so them’s the breaks.

Pam, your walking tour and lunch with friends sounds great. My dh is from Indiana, so I have Fort Wayne on my weather app. I checked Providence and Minneapolis and I’m jealous!
Old 06-13-21, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Serene Strength - this is her new workout on her streaming site - Standing, light body weight strength/fusion.

I may add something else on later.

Sherry - I know, it is hard to let go and let them figure things out on their own/ make mistakes, etc. I'm trying to stay out of my DD's "business' as much as possible b/c I know she has to learn to be proactive, take responsibility and face consequences, but it is so hard!!!

Pam - that sounds lovely! The weather here was pretty nice yesterday - overcast, but cool compared to the last few days.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Donna
Old 06-13-21, 11:54 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Elena Brower's AM/PM Yoga for Beginners (AM routine!) Maybe I'll try the PM practice tonight!

Enjoy your Sunday!

April Focus:
Old 06-13-21, 05:24 PM  
Leonana

Nothing today, I’m lazy I guess.

Hot weather is here, it’s supposed to be 115 tomorrow. And dd is moving into an apartment with a roommate, on the third floor! They are going to sweat! I offered to help with the smaller stuff, but dd said she had friends helping. But she does want dh and his moving truck to move her and her roommates furniture later in the day. I think I’ll tag along, I want to see the apartment. Dd said she would come over on Sundays for dinner, so that will be nice.

Donna, I’m interested in Ellen’s streaming, I’ll have to check it out.

Pam, I hope your Sunday is also nice.
Old 06-14-21, 07:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did end up taking my Golden for a walk - my daughter was busy all weekend w/ friends - which made me very happy! I'm not quite sure how to describe her personality - introverted and socially anxious/awkward, so she does not have many friends - but she has 3 good ones - however, one of them is moving to CA (her Dad had to relocate for work). So it was a somewhat sad time for her. They are all heading their separate ways for college anyway, but at least if they were all in the area they would see each other over breaks, etc. I did tell her CA friend that she is welcome to stay w/ us over any breaks though. And I have told my DD she can go out to CA to visit. It is just a hard transitional time for all of us - normal, good stuff, but like all changes a bit rough at times.

Anyway - I also did a Power Stretch from the new Faithful Workouts site - it is now free. There was live music in this one so it was enjoyable - a bit of strength work too w/ a circular band.

Today, so far, has been:

Gina B - Up to the Beat - Retro Dance Workout - 80's music. This was fun and do-able even for non-dancers.

Blogilates - Beautiful Body Pilates Workout - I lucked out in this one - Cassey took it a bit slower - there was work for abs, lower body and arms - it was about 15 minutes. Cassey appears somewhat frivolous but she is a very smart woman - she has certainly built up her business! And, I remember reading how her parents wanted her to be pre-med but she wanted to go her own way - it certainly does speak to "do what you love" and you will never have to work a day in your life!

I enjoyed both workouts today- needed something upbeat with good music!

Sherry - Ellen's streaming service is very reasonable, only $5.95/month. She only uploads one new video a month, but I'm ok with that. It is actually nice to see that she isn't over extending herself. Some of these streaming services are so expensive and the content creators include so much stuff that I DON'T want to pay for - I'm just happy getting workouts and I do like calendars to follow. Ellen puts out a weekly suggested rotation. That is enough for me.

Pam - Oh my - I have that one. I really need to get back to my DVDs at some point. I have so many. I really need to weed some out. I know our libraries are opening back up - but not sure if they are taking donations, though. I like to give them to the library and they sell them at their used book sales. Although not sure about the future of those either -

waves, everyone!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy